• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1160 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Scarpath

Dear Developers Reply to this Post

Heya, Scarpath here. It's been a while, and even when I have no drive to play the game anymore, I can't stop thinking about it. I've had so much fun on this game over the hundreds of hours I've played. Unfortunately though, there aren't nearly enough players anymore, and it takes hours upon hours of grinding just to gain access to other parts of the game. The largest server events, blockades, suck hundreds of real life dollars out of players, even when only a couple flags participate.

If this game is ever to become large again, change has to happen. I know I'm just shouting at a brick wall at this point, but perhaps posting this will help me find some closure with this part of my life.

So, the changes I'd suggest are big. And I'm not the first to suggest them. But Doubloons need to become for COSMETICS ONLY. Ships and houses need to just cost PoE. LE ships would still cost doubloons, as they are cosmetic. Houses PoE cost should be raised.

As for badges: Remove the basic labor badge, and just give people that many hours. Deluxe badge would be given to people with the DLC. Parlor badge would only limit betting, not play itself.

Swords/bludgeons would not cost doubloons. That just limits gameplay.

This game pretends it's free to play, but it's not. Until it doesn't take hours upon hour upon hours just to get started, this game will only continue to decline. Anyways, that's my final letter to the devs. They might not even read this, but if they are? Please consider trying to save your game. It's beloved by many, but many don't have the will to deal with such a pay to win game. Dark Seas was a step in the right direction. Now keep walking.

Love, Scarpath
----------------------------------------
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Mar 20, 2019 2:42:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Re: Dear Developers Reply to this Post

If this game is ever to become large again, change has to happen.

It won't, no matter how much change happens.

There's a big enough following, buying enough doubloons to keep the game alive in its current state. Expecting the game to grow though is unreasonable - at this point we should be grateful that the game is still open.

I've played this game on and off since 2006, and even from my very first day people were complaining that the game is "dying". It's defied people's bleak predictions this long, I'm sure it can go on for a little longer yet.
[Mar 21, 2019 2:18:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

good read and all true
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Mar 22, 2019 2:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Heya, Scarpath here. It's been a while, and even when I have no drive to play the game anymore, I can't stop thinking about it. I've had so much fun on this game over the hundreds of hours I've played. Unfortunately though, there aren't nearly enough players anymore, and it takes hours upon hours of grinding just to gain access to other parts of the game. The largest server events, blockades, suck hundreds of real life dollars out of players, even when only a couple flags participate.

Yep thats RMT for you, as its a big giveaway when players spend 9999 on an outpost or 9999 flagsits, which i've seen in past couple of blockades which is absolutely laughable.

If this game is ever to become large again, change has to happen. I know I'm just shouting at a brick wall at this point, but perhaps posting this will help me find some closure with this part of my life.

I honestly don't think it will, but a step in the right direction is make the game more single player based, because for a multiplayer people want things now, not wait 2+ hours for a SMH to load.

So, the changes I'd suggest are big. And I'm not the first to suggest them. But Doubloons need to become for COSMETICS ONLY. Ships and houses need to just cost PoE. LE ships would still cost doubloons, as they are cosmetic. Houses PoE cost should be raised.

+1

As for badges: Remove the basic labor badge, and just give people that many hours. Deluxe badge would be given to people with the DLC. Parlor badge would only limit betting, not play itself.

+1, Absolutely agree with labor badge.

Swords/bludgeons would not cost doubloons. That just limits gameplay.

+1 Agreed as well, it was a very bad decision that Developers made Bluds, Swords no longer winable from SMHs.

This game pretends it's free to play, but it's not. Until it doesn't take hours upon hour upon hours just to get started, this game will only continue to decline. Anyways, that's my final letter to the devs. They might not even read this, but if they are? Please consider trying to save your game. It's beloved by many, but many don't have the will to deal with such a pay to win game. Dark Seas was a step in the right direction. Now keep walking.

The only way to somesort of save it, is make it a single player aspect of a game. Then you would worry less on population numbers and focus more on making DLC money or general cash flow.

Love, Scarpath
ily too +1
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Bring the positives from obsidian ocean to main oceans!

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Mar 23, 2019 4:51:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

only way to somesort of save it, is make it a single player aspect of a game. Then you would worry less on population numbers and focus more on making DLC money or general cash flow.

I would play again if there was a single player mode. It's just boring with hardly anyone online anymore :/
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Mar 28, 2019 10:32:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

only way to somesort of save it, is make it a single player aspect of a game. Then you would worry less on population numbers and focus more on making DLC money or general cash flow.

I would play again if there was a single player mode. It's just boring with hardly anyone online anymore :/

+1

Despite having near-Sublimed Battle Nav on my main, I've not yet found a substitute for the game's nav AI. Not to mention how it can still wreck me in a battle every so often.....and those Fanchuans...scupper's sake man. Equally satisfying to watch and predict a (school? posse? w/e) of triketos' moves.... But yeah, all that requires bodies.

It might not be thaaaaat hard to port the game ( standalone puzzles at least...) to Android too, given the source is Java...
Cruzo of Obsidian
(Dead and gone)
[Mar 30, 2019 4:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mampiraat

Dear Scar,

I know your feelings. But this game is parked at Grey Havens and lets all be glad they keep the server in the air and you can still login. I'm pleased that Emerald has over 300+ ppl online when I check in but all the waiting 'till something fills is just too much !

I don't think there's any hope for this game. All they want is us to spent our cash on doubs for a silly item and in return the game stays in the air! So support the surver costs and you can keep on playing pirates <3

While this game is so unique, it's just too time consuming :(

Ishkhara
[Mar 31, 2019 7:57:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I would most definitely purchase a single player version of the game. Love chasing trophies. Only 2 left to get on Factorio then I will need a new game to grind trophies on.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Apr 1, 2019 8:04:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

I would most definitely purchase a single player version of the game. Love chasing trophies. Only 2 left to get on Factorio then I will need a new game to grind trophies on.

+1 totally agree with more of a single player based theme.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Apr 2, 2019 12:30:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates