• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1559 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Brocket3

What is your plan Grey Heavens Reply to this Post

So what is your plan now the internet browsers are not supporting java plugin. What is the fix ? I can't get on the game and just wondering if there's no hope and I should just look for a new game ?
[Mar 11, 2019 8:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: What is your plan Grey Heavens Reply to this Post

So what is your plan now the internet browsers are not supporting java plugin. What is the fix ? I can't get on the game and just wondering if there's no hope and I should just look for a new game ?

Thats probably your best idea, as Amethyst said, Developers have had no communication towards playerbase in past 9 months.
----------------------------------------
Support Sov! and Prayers for Marto your a good lad!

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

People actually use 100s of alts and still play how shocking!

That's a great idea let's remove poker! Support this!
[Mar 12, 2019 12:02:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

What happens if you write a Support email? Do you get a response?
I was also going to suggest writing a petition...but if you can't login to the game you can't write a petition...
Zapa of Emerald
[Mar 12, 2019 3:45:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: What is your plan, Grey Havens? Reply to this Post

Well, I am not sure about your exact technical issue here. Have you actually been using the in-browser Java plugin to play the game all this time? The plugin has been a proven vector for security risks, malware, and compromises for many years. I have always recommended abandoning the plugin mechanism in favor of installing the JRE software. Unfortunately, this option is not available for people who use, e.g. library computers or at school, or some other system which they do not control, or have no permissions to install software.

But yes, if your access to run the Java browser plugin has been discontinued, then I would suggest that you have dodged a bullet and you are better off without such a gaping security hole. Find a system where you can install the JRE or JDK; that is my advice.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Mar 12, 2019 10:09:07 AM]
[Mar 12, 2019 10:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Brocket3

Re: What is your plan, Grey Havens? Reply to this Post

Well I found my fix. I downloaded steam and from there I could download the game and seems to work fine . If you are having problems try that
[Mar 12, 2019 5:23:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Note that the Java plugin is not required to play the game. Even aside from Steam, it is possible to download the game and install it without having a Java plugin (I don't really use Java for anything in my browser, and haven't for ages).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Mar 12, 2019 9:05:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates