• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 985 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
hidemyhoney

Remove big ships from the game. Reply to this Post

Hi, I've been looking at population numbers and they don't look so good. So I have a suggestion to remove bigger ships for example War Frigate and Grand Frigate. Because there really never used for anything and the playerbase cannot contain these ships on a daily basis compared to a War Brig.
----------------------------------------
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Feb 20, 2019 4:22:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Re: Remove big ships from the game. Reply to this Post

I wouldn't go that far, in the last 7 days, I've been on 2 fully loaded War Frig Atlantis runs. Blockades especially make use of War Frigs almost on a weekly basis. As for Grand Frigs, despite my objection to Greedy Bashing, it is an activity a significant portion of the population participate in and quite enjoy, using the Grand Frig. It would be quite unfair to simply deprive them of their fun (without a viable alternative being provided that is).
[Feb 20, 2019 4:54:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mommawolf

Please no! I use a LOT of war and grand frigs, on a daily basis. They're wonderful for moving large quantities of commods like wood and cane and hemp, and make great floating storage sheds.
[Feb 21, 2019 11:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

I don't think its an idea that would ever be pursued, simply because of the "Cost" of acquiring those ships if we choose to ignore use today. How would people be repaid for their ships?, ships cost dubs, dubs need $$, do people get their cash back? What about paint and decorations done to those ships. It's feels like an idea that would be quite impossible to implement. I can imagine the chaos that would ensue if people log on to find their fleet of 100 War Frigs vanished
[Feb 21, 2019 3:05:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

In addition to what the others have said, this is just from my personal pov:

I don't have a Grand Frig yet (still saving up), but I use a War Frig (and other big ships) for storage mostly. The biggest ship I moved recently (for trade & transferring commods) is a War Galleon.

So, for me, please don't remove the big ships. I see no need. If you don't use them, don't buy and use them. Let those who do, do. Thank ye!
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Feb 23, 2019 8:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

there are stuffs in the game that do not break, nor affect game play, nor affect any player even if the ocean's population dropped below 50 at peak hours

big ship being one of them

absolute no reason to remove big ship just bcos some players don't know what to do with them - mommawolf cited great way to use them

absolute no reason to remove big ship just bcos someone doesn't have / couldn't afford to buy one

absolute no reason to remove big ship just bcos others are having fun sailing them solo or with a couple of close friends, and not jobbing ye

its certainly not fair to remove these trophies from the reach of those who are still working towards getting them

.. unless ye are saying, lets also remove those trophies from those who has already earn them as part of the "remove big ship from game" exercise, that would be absolute nonsense!

stan gave very good reason why its not practical

if anything at all, keeping these big ships are good fer GH bcos it cost 75 dubs and 100 dubs in delivery fer warfrig & grandfrig

oh wait.. ocean population is dwindling... lets also remove estates, galleries and grandiose crew hall

or better yet, eventually there won't be need fer shoppes bcos there's nothing that a deluxe stall can't make, so lets remove shoppes from the game as well?

opsat wrote: 
So, for me, please don't remove the big ships. I see no need. If you don't use them, don't buy and use them. Let those who do, do . Thank ye!

^^ THIS ^^

don't just think about yerself or have the game revolve around yerself.. there are many more others playing this game

some recent non-relevance / ignorance postings
https://imgur.com/SMP18p9
https://imgur.com/ALAdgo8
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Feb 23, 2019 9:53:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

there are stuffs in the game that do not break, nor affect game play, nor affect any player even if the ocean's population dropped below 50 at peak hours

big ship being one of them

absolute no reason to remove big ship just bcos some players don't know what to do with them - mommawolf cited great way to use them

absolute no reason to remove big ship just bcos someone doesn't have / couldn't afford to buy one

absolute no reason to remove big ship just bcos others are having fun sailing them solo or with a couple of close friends, and not jobbing ye

its certainly not fair to remove these trophies from the reach of those who are still working towards getting them

.. unless ye are saying, lets also remove those trophies from those who has already earn them as part of the "remove big ship from game" exercise, that would be absolute nonsense!

stan gave very good reason why its not practical

if anything at all, keeping these big ships are good fer GH bcos it cost 75 dubs and 100 dubs in delivery fer warfrig & grandfrig

oh wait.. ocean population is dwindling... lets also remove estates, galleries and grandiose crew hall

or better yet, eventually there won't be need fer shoppes bcos there's nothing that a deluxe stall can't make, so lets remove shoppes from the game as well?

opsat wrote: 
So, for me, please don't remove the big ships. I see no need. If you don't use them, don't buy and use them. Let those who do, do . Thank ye!

^^ THIS ^^

don't just think about yerself or have the game revolve around yerself.. there are many more others playing this game

some recent non-relevance / ignorance postings
https://imgur.com/SMP18p9
https://imgur.com/ALAdgo8

Use grammer please, I can't really understand what your typing. So non-relevant posts? Thats very nice of you :)

As you said, if you don't like what I post don't read it :)

[Feb 24, 2019 5:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Use grammer please, I can't really understand what your typing. So non-relevant posts? Thats very nice of you :)

"Use [proper] grammar, please; I can't really understand what you're typing. Your post is not relevant. That's very nice of you.

As you said: if you don't like what I post, don't read it."

:)
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Feb 28, 2019 8:57:07 PM]
[Feb 28, 2019 8:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

"Use [proper] grammar, please; I can't really understand what you're typing. Your post is not relevant. That's very nice of you.

As you said: if you don't like what I post, don't read it."

:)

I understand you had trouble reading his post too, same here :)

[Mar 1, 2019 3:20:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

You have apparently missed my point. Please allow me to make it more clear:

Your correction of the other poster's grammar was, itself, ungrammatical, misspelled, et cetera. Your position, per the proverbial idiom, is that of the pot calling the kettle black.
[Mar 2, 2019 2:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Your correction of the other poster's grammar was, itself, ungrammatical, misspelled, et cetera. Your position, per the proverbial idiom, is that of the pot calling the kettle black.

Using Grammerly doesn't make you a professional at Grammer :) Do tell me why your derailing the thread? :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 4, 2019 4:27:24 PM]
[Mar 2, 2019 9:32:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Using Grammerly doesn't make you a professional at Grammer :)

No, my degree in English does that.

Do tell me why your derailing the thread? :)

Roughly in order:

1. To chastise you for and/or expose to all your hypocrisy, in pointing out the mote in your fellow poster's eye while ignoring the beam in your own. (It's a parable, Matthew 7:1-5, look it up.)

2. This thread was (in my opinion) going nowhere fast, certainly to no productive place. I disagree with your assertion that removing big ships would be good for what remains of the game, and (also in my opinion) Ryujin - who I had no trouble understanding, for all that his grammar and spelling were very slightly worse than yours - gave a fairly good explanation of some of the reasons why. I also agree with Ryujin that your proposal is selfish, and that you are thinking primarily or only of yourself; however, that is a fairly common thing, and neither here nor there.

3. Whether your idea is good or not, I doubt that it would be implemented. The game has clearly entered "maintenance mode", and I question whether anyone remains on Grey Havens' staff who is capable, let alone interested, of making such changes to the code. Like it or not, what you see is (still in my opinion) all you are likely to get, until the thus-far-delayed-but-still-inevitable shutdown. Enjoy it while it lasts, as much as you can.

4. I was bored. Now I am slightly less so. Thank you for providing me with this opportunity.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Mar 5, 2019 9:23:36 PM]
[Mar 5, 2019 9:22:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

1. To chastise you for and/or expose to all your hypocrisy, in pointing out the mote in your fellow poster's eye while ignoring the beam in your own. (It's a parable, Matthew 7:1-5, look it up.)

That has nothing to do with this post, this was an opinion not insulting others which you have just done, so therefore you've exposed your own hypocrisy.

2. This thread was (in my opinion) going nowhere fast, certainly to no productive place. I disagree with your assertion that removing big ships would be good for what remains of the game, and (also in my opinion) Ryujin - who I had no trouble understanding, for all that his grammar and spelling were very slightly worse than yours - gave a fairly good explanation of some of the reasons why. I also agree with Ryujin that your proposal is selfish, and that you are thinking primarily or only of yourself; however, that is a fairly common thing, and neither here nor there.

Read response #1.

3. Whether your idea is good or not, I doubt that it would be implemented. The game has clearly entered "maintenance mode", and I question whether anyone remains on Grey Havens' staff who is capable, let alone interested, of making such changes to the code. Like it or not, what you see is (still in my opinion) all you are likely to get, until the thus-far-delayed-but-still-inevitable shutdown. Enjoy it while it lasts, as much as you can.

Don't understand why you didn't just post this the first time.

4. I was bored. Now I am slightly less so. Thank you for providing me with this opportunity.

For future were just saying our opinions not attacks.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 6, 2019 2:38:30 AM]
[Mar 6, 2019 2:37:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Well, this thread has devolved...
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Mar 7, 2019 6:45:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates