• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 886 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Kyura94

Labor Report Details Reply to this Post

So.. Forculus is probably too busy/dormant but I'm hoping this is small enough to get through.

Is it possible for the Labor Report tab to also include the stall/shoppe's island? i.e. if someone took a job at two of my distilling stalls, they'd see two data lines of "Ryuken's Distilling Stall" with the relevant numbers, but no way of distinguishing between them.

Admittedly, no, I didn't check if this has been raised before. Feel free to Faulkston this (but link me if you do!)
----------------------------------------
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Feb 18, 2019 6:53:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Labor Report Details Reply to this Post

So.. Forculus is probably too busy/dormant but I'm hoping this is small enough to get through.

Is it possible for the Labor Report tab to also include the stall/shoppe's island? i.e. if someone took a job at two of my distilling stalls, they'd see two data lines of "Ryuken's Distilling Stall" with the relevant numbers, but no way of distinguishing between them.

Admittedly, no, I didn't check if this has been raised before. Feel free to Faulkston this (but link me if you do!)

Maybe if you told Greenday and his 10-15 alts to stop distilling, then you wouldn't have all these distilling issues. For example CC12 not even expert and etc.
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Feb 18, 2019 11:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

What do greenday and his alts have to do with Ryuken owning a stall on more than one island?
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Feb 19, 2019 12:01:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Aye. This would be nice. :)

Opsat-West recently looked at her labor tab and saw "Opsat-West's Distilling Stall" and "Opsat-West's Distilling Stall". She didn't mind it so much because she knew one was the Turtle stall, and the other was the Beta stall, but it would be nice if she knew from there which was which. ;)

(And she hopes she doesn't get accused of having a labor alt army as she's currently the only staff in those 2 stalls of hers. East doesn't even help her! The nerve. :P )
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Feb 19, 2019 6:36:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

What do greenday and his alts have to do with Ryuken owning a stall on more than one island?

Because he keeps bringing up distilling issues all the time and I've given him 1 answer all along, its Greenday and his 10-15 alts on why the curve is difficult, and why CC13 not incredible. Its not possible to have more than 2 distilling stalls on same island. Just do another stall on an alt or something.

[Feb 19, 2019 6:36:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

This post has nothing to do with distilling or curves, I'll agree that there's issues with those, but this thread is not the place to bring that up. This is about the labor report / stalls in general.
[Feb 20, 2019 2:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

This post has nothing to do with distilling or curves, I'll agree that there's issues with those, but this thread is not the place to bring that up. This is about the labor report / stalls in general.

Um hello, "they'd see two data lines of "Ryuken's Distilling Stall" with the relevant numbers, but no way of distinguishing between them."

and "Its not possible to have more than 2 distilling stalls on same island. Just do another stall on an alt or something."

[Feb 20, 2019 4:15:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

The distilling stall in the post is an example, the scenario also exists with every other kind of stall one can open and has nothing to do with distilling itself.

This post is also not about opening multiple stalls on the same island: It's about having stalls on multiple islands. For example: I could open an ironmonger on Port Venture, Anole Island, Melanaster island and Night Harbour. On the labor report, these would display as:

Triplepat's Ironworking stall

Which isn't very clear at showing which of your stalls is using your labor. This is what Ryuken's post is about.

(Opening a second stall on an alt instead of using your main pirate to avoid this happening works, but it's typically more convenient to have your stalls owned by your main pirate (for the "enter my stall" button and people recognising your name and potentially buying from you over buying from others, or taking a job for you for example), and to avoid having to manage alts just to keep shops)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Feb 20, 2019 7:01:47 AM]
[Feb 20, 2019 7:00:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Triplepat wrote: 
I could open an ironmonger on Port Venture, Anole Island, Melanaster island and Night Harbour. On the labor report, these would display as:

Which isn't very clear at showing which of your stalls is using your labor. This is what Ryuken's post is about.

Yup. I'm not sure why it was made this way.

Ryuken wrote: 
I'm hoping this is small enough to get through
In my head, this takes no more than a few SQL queries to attain. Possibly a direct one if the database was designed robustly enough.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Feb 24, 2019 11:52:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Ryuken wrote: 
]I'm hoping this is small enough to get through
In my head, this takes no more than a few SQL queries to attain. Possibly a direct one if the database was designed robustly enough.

The only problem I can think of is that there may not be enough room on the screen for the island when you are running at the smallest resolution (800x600?). Seeings I haven't had a non-blank labor report for a couple of years, I can't test this.

Besides, it would require GH to have a developer.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 25, 2019 4:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates