• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1118 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
thenatedogg

Bumper Boats on Anole! Reply to this Post

Hi all as promised Primordial Raiders will be giving away a shoppe to one lucky flag in a fun event so without further ado here are the details!

When - Saturday 2/23/19 at 9:30am GT

Where - Anole Gardens of course!

What - This will be a one round bumper boat event! What that means is that it will be sloops only, non sink, last one round, alliances ignored, cannons ineffective (this means you cannot shoot people you have to ram them to sink them thus the bumper boat part!)

Who - Flags that have NEVER dropped a war chest on Obsidian are the only flags that qualify for this event. Said flags will also need to have at least Established fame.

Why you may ask? We have been fortunate enough to be given many opportunities to grow as a flag from flags on both "sides" whether that has been shoppes from CIS and AH or the opportunity to cade Anole the first time from GW, to Frig giveaways last year from Brenda and we wish to give that opportunity to a new small flag that has not yet gotten onto the cade scene. We hope that the other "large" flags understand our intent and get behind it and maybe even help a small flag grow and throw them jobbing support!

Rules- Each flag may have no more than three ships on at a time! Pay cap is set at 3k per seg no tops or tokens please folks. Anyone in violation of this will be disqualified. To win you just need to score the most points in a round just like a normal cade, however to add some fun as it is after all Anole island with it's naming theme we are also adding a caveat. Ships producing the burning flotsam (AKA the flaming poop maneuver) and having an opposing flag run over it will get 10 extra bonus points for each new maneuver run into. In the event of a tie score once all this is calculated the winner will be the flag that produced the most flaming poop maneuvers.

Prizes - First place will be able to get a shoppe of either and iron monger or a distillery, no shipyard. If said winning flag does wish to grow their fleet they may by all means talk to us and I'm sure we can help them out however we wish to grow the economy of the island and we feel having two shipyards there does not do such. We hope that owning a different shoppe will prove profitable and a good learning experience to the new flag. Second Place will get a plain War Frig. Third Place will get a plain War Brig.

We at Primordial Raiders reserve the right to disqualify any flag that we feel is in violation of the spirit of this event. We also will keep the shoppe up for the winning flag provided that they are making sure to help grow the economy of the island or until we lose the island at which point we do not expect the new flag to uphold the prize. In the event we lose the island and retake it the shoppe plot will be used for another new fun give away that the winning flag of this event is more than welcome to join! We hope that this proves to be a fun event for the ocean!!
----------------------------------------
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by thenatedogg at Feb 19, 2019 9:22:39 AM]
[Feb 17, 2019 9:46:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Re: Bumper Boats on Anole! Reply to this Post

hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Feb 17, 2019 11:00:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dagnanlian69

Hi Mattatron, thank you for running the event, I've read through the entire thread and I have a few questions regarding the prize for first place.
Mattatron wrote: 

First place will be able to get a shoppe of their choice with ONE exception NO shipyard.

At the moment Anole has 3 bazaars:
An Ironmonger
A Shipyard
A Distillery

Say for example the winning flag decides they want a furnisher, given that the only buildable shoppes on Anole are an ironmonger, shipyard or distillery, how will you go about processing this request? Or is the prize limited to just an Ironmonger/Distillery?
Dagnanlian
[Feb 18, 2019 9:49:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Say for example the winning flag decides they want a furnisher, given that the only buildable shoppes on Anole are an ironmonger, shipyard or distillery, how will you go about processing this request? Or is the prize limited to just an Ironmonger/Distillery?

Hey Daggy,

I’ll have Matt edit the post but as the mechanics of the game make it to where you can only build a shoppe on an island after the bazaar is made, you are correct that only an Iron Monger Shoppe or a Distillery Shoppe is allowed. Thank you for bringing this oversight to our attention!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Feb 19, 2019 9:05:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dagnanlian69

Okay, thank you for the response, I appreciate it and really love the event otherwise! : ) Just one more question, When will Jolly get her WF?

Dagnanlian
[Feb 19, 2019 12:27:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

This is old history from about a year ago and it seems there have been some misinterpretations and as I did with Paulisma I am more than happy to address any questions. However I don’t believe here on an event where we are trying to promote some fun on the ocean is the place to be bringing this up. However I will say that when we left, Jolly expressly agreed that the war frig was mine to keep. You’re welcome to reach out to me on Discord if you have any other questions or any other thoughts or suggestions on another event as we are hoping to run more! natedawg#8410. Event blockades are a fun aspect of the game that everyone can now participate in (thank you swabbies) with little to no cost to them and we can’t wait to bring more events to the ocean and are hoping everyone has fun this Saturday!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Feb 19, 2019 7:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates