• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4558 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
DeesaAli

Obsidian Blockade Simulator League: Season 1 Reply to this Post

Ahoy Mateys!

We are kicking off the first season of the Obsidian Blockade (simulator) League!

Are you skilled at battle navigation? Are you ready to show off your skills in front of the Puzzle Pirates Community? Or are you just looking to have fun?
Do you want to win millions while doing it? Well you're in luck!

REGISTRATION and DIVISION ASSIGNMENTS: Pirates will register as a team, a captain and a team member! You will submit a team name and pay the entrance fee (250,000 PoE PER TEAM 125K PER PLAYER!). Message Cedar in game or on Discord Cedar#8375 after registering to be invited to the official Discord channel with a tutorial on creating games and using the simulator.

From there, once all of our spots are filled and the date reaches March 1st, all of the teams will randomly be assigned one of three divisions (Four possibly). A B C and D possibly if we can get 16 teams.

PRELIMS: Each week you will be assigned one opponent in your division and will play them in a best two out of three blockade simulator series (Obsidio). Each game will be a
different map which will be assigned by Cedar. Captains will screenshot the final scores whether you win or lose and post them in the Discord that each team will be invited to after registering for this tournament. During prelims, you must play games with your weekly opponent back-to-back (e.g., 2 or 3 games in a row) so that a winner is determined without needing to reschedule.

PLAYOFFS and LOSER BRACKET: The top 3 out of 4 teams in each division will be invited to the playoffs which will be a single game elimination series based on the seeding of the teams. The bottom teams will be in a loser bracket where you will play for familiars (not tanned or spiders), furniture and clothing!

GAME OF THE WEEK: Each week Cedar will be doing a two-three hour live stream where I dress up AS A PIRATE and commentate on the games of the week over Twitch
in a SportsNet like program addressing the strengths and weaknesses of each team. I will do give-aways to viewers and give out the awards of the week (PoE - Familiars - Pets - Furni, some funny, some serious).
During the week I will join in to record the current week's game of the week (Which will be decided by a strawpoll). I will also have weekly special guests and interviews.

GAME TIMES: Matches will be played at an agreed upon time. If teams cannot decide on a time for the match, your games will take place on the Thursday of the scheduled week depending on the time-zones of each team. In this case, Cedar or one of the moderators of the league will select a time for the teams to play. If a team does not arrive for a match, that team will forfeit the match.
It is important that games occur as scheduled as I may be hopping in and recording some matches.

SCORING: The scores of each team and to decide who the winners of the bracket are tracked as follows:

A win is .5 of a point, and a series victory is 1 point. Therefore, winning a series will give you two points while if you win a game and lose two you will be left with half a point.

CAPTAINS' RESPONSIBILITIES:

- Run the blockade simulator server which will be given by me and a detailed explanation on how to operate/host it
- Communicate with other team captain and set up a date and time for the games
- Screenshot the game results when they are finished

PRIZES:
1st Place: 60% of total buy-in PoE
2nd Place: 20% of total buy-in PoE

Where did the other PoE go? This will be given out randomly for different awards during the week. Donations will also be accepted by pirates to be handed out as prizes.

Our goal is that every team will receive awards alone close to or above the 250,000 PoE paid to enter by the end of the tournament. Let's have some fun!

Entry Form:

Team Name:
Captain:
Team Member:

IF anyone has any questions before entering let me know and I can make it clear on this post!

The buy in can be paid to Cedar in-game, and registration closes on February 23rd and Noon GT! Late registration is now open! February 30th is the final date! Get registered!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 7 times, last edit by DeesaAli at Feb 22, 2019 10:56:18 AM]
[Feb 13, 2019 2:33:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Re: Obsidian Blockade Simulator League: Season 1 Reply to this Post

Spot Reserved
[Feb 13, 2019 2:34:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Banaz

Team Name: Chaos and Bananas
Captain: Banaz
Team Member: Kaiyotic
[Feb 13, 2019 6:38:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MysticJuls

Team Name: Wiggin's Jewels
Captain: Wiggin
Team Member: Juls
[Feb 13, 2019 7:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dagnanlian69

Team name: Team Baghlah
Captain: Dagnanlian
Team member: Soparrot
Dagnanlian
Avatar by the lovely Velternal <3
[Feb 13, 2019 7:34:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legendhunte2

Team name: Washed-Up

Captain : Capnray
Team member: Legendhunter

Super Sub: Jaymonkey
Legendhunter on all oceans

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Legendhunte2 at Feb 22, 2019 2:51:23 PM]
[Feb 13, 2019 11:00:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Team name TBA

Captain: Cedar
Teammate: Smurfy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DeesaAli at Feb 13, 2019 11:05:07 AM]
[Feb 13, 2019 11:04:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
herieman

Team Name: Abandon Ship

Captain: Scoz
Team Member: Herieman
Herieman on Meridian and on Emerald

[14:17:38] Crazysanta says, "Buying CAMO Chameleon!! Send me a tell <3"
[14:17:52] Gloninduil says, "camo camo camo camo camo chameleon <3"
[Feb 13, 2019 11:27:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jockolocko

Team name : Penetrators

Captain: Shredgear

Team member: Jockolocko
[Feb 14, 2019 5:02:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Ahoy Mateys!

We are kicking off the first season of the Obsidian Blockade (simulator) League!

Are you skilled at battle navigation? Are you ready to show off your skills in front of the Puzzle Pirates Community? Or are you just looking to have fun?
Do you want to win millions while doing it? Well you're in luck!

REGISTRATION and DIVISION ASSIGNMENTS: Pirates will register as a team, a captain and a team member! You will submit a team name and pay the entrance fee (250,000 PoE PER TEAM 125K PER PLAYER!).
From there, once all of our spots are filled and the date reaches March 1st, all of the teams will randomly be assigned one of three divisions (Four possibly).
A B C and D possibly if we can get 16 teams.

PRELIMS: Each week you will be assigned one opponent in your division and will play them in a best two out of three blockade simulator series (Obsidio). Each game will be a
different map which will be assigned by Cedar. Captains will screenshot the final scores whether you win or lose and post them in the Discord that each team will be
invited to after registering for this tournament. During prelims, you must play games with your weekly opponent back-to-back (e.g., 2 or 3 games in a row) so that a winner is
determined without needing to reschedule.

PLAYOFFS and LOSER BRACKET: The top 3 out of 4 teams in each division will be invited to the playoffs which will be a single game elimination series based on the seeding of the teams. The bottom teams will be in
a loser bracket where you will play for familiars (not tanned or spiders), furniture and clothing!

GAME OF THE WEEK: Each week Cedar will be doing a two-three hour live stream where I dress up AS A PIRATE and commentate on the games of the week over Twitch
in a SportsNet like program addressing the strengths and weaknesses of each team. I will do give-aways to viewers and give out the awards of the week
(PoE - Familiars - Pets - Furni, some funny, some serious).
During the week I will join in to record the current week's game of the week (Which will be decided by a strawpoll). I will also have weekly special guests and interviews.

GAME TIMES: Matches will be played at an agreed upon time. If teams cannot decide on a time for the match, your games will take place on the Thursday of the scheduled week depending on the time-zones
of each team. In this case, Cedar or one of the moderators of the league will select a time for the teams to play. If a team does not arrive for a match, that team will forfeit the match.
It is important that games occur as scheduled as I may be hopping in and recording some matches.

SCORING: The scores of each team and to decide who the winners of the bracket are tracked as follows:

A win is .5 of a point, and a series victory is 1 point. Therefore, winning a series will give you two points while if you win a game and lose two you will be left with half a point.

CAPTAINS' RESPONSIBILITIES:

- Run the blockade simulator server which will be given by me and a detailed explanation on how to operate/host it
- Communicate with other team captain and set up a date and time for the games
- Screenshot the game results when they are finished

PRIZES:
1st Place: 60% of total buy-in PoE
2nd Place: 20% of total buy-in PoE

Where did the other PoE go? This will be given out randomly for different awards during the week. Donations will also be accepted by pirates to be handed out as prizes.

Our goal is that every team will receive awards alone close to or above the 250,000 PoE paid to enter by the end of the tournament. Let's have some fun!

Entry Form:

Team Name:
Captain:
Team Member:

IF anyone has any questions before entering let me know and I can make it clear on this post!

The buy in can be paid to Cedar in-game, and registration closes on February 23rd and Noon GT!

Wheres the tutorial on how to download this Blockade simulators for newer players? Or is this a hoax?
Support Sov! and Prayers for Marto your a good lad!

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

People actually use 100s of alts and still play how shocking!

That's a great idea let's remove poker! Support this!
[Feb 14, 2019 6:38:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Simulator is available for anyone to use :)

-" Run the blockade simulator server which will be given by me and a detailed explanation on how to operate/host it"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DeesaAli at Feb 14, 2019 6:41:45 PM]
[Feb 14, 2019 6:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

-" Run the blockade simulator server which will be given by me and a detailed explanation on how to operate/host it"

I asked for a Tutorial not a Brief.

[Feb 14, 2019 7:02:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

A tutorial will be made a posted in the Discord is that what you mean? Any further questions please direct it to Discord or PP.
[Feb 14, 2019 7:16:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluedaemon

Couple questions:

1) How long is the season expected to be?

2) Can we practice?

Thanks for getting cadesim up and running again.
[Feb 14, 2019 7:38:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Couple questions:

1) How long is the season expected to be?

2) Can we practice?

Thanks for getting cadesim up and running again.

Hey there.

Since there are four teams in your division you'll be playing for three weeks during the prelims, after that itb depends on how far you make it in the playoffs (one round a week)

Will be posting a practice channel on discord for scrimmages and you can scrimmage vs other players in the tournament!

Cheers,

Cedar
[Feb 15, 2019 4:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

A tutorial will be made a posted in the Discord is that what you mean? Any further questions please direct it to Discord or PP.

What Discord? There was never a link posted about the Discord. How are we supposed to enter without the relevant information? lol.

[Feb 15, 2019 6:37:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Cedar#8375
[Feb 15, 2019 7:15:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hamish001

Team Name: Spectacular Stupendous Shipwrights
Captain: Frontguy
Member: Havanna
[Edit 3 times, last edit by hamish001 at Feb 17, 2019 6:10:27 AM]
[Feb 17, 2019 6:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Team Bobswald

Captain: Bobswald
Team Mate: Affiliated
[Feb 17, 2019 1:59:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

Team Name: Lead Nav & Lead Nav Jr.
Captain: Sovereignty
Team Member: Cade
[Feb 17, 2019 2:25:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Team Name: Shuttlecock for Melan
Captain: Pasteyman
Teammate: Paulisma
Pasteyman
King of Guerrilla Warfare (Obsidian, retired)
Prince of Grow Up (Emerald, retired, but ask me to CI)

Rest easy Marto
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pasteyman at Feb 19, 2019 8:53:27 AM]
[Feb 19, 2019 8:51:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bluedaemon

Team Name: OOZ
Captain: Bluedaemon
Teammate: Kutlasskayli
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bluedaemon at Feb 26, 2019 7:06:27 PM]
[Feb 21, 2019 7:41:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vanleigh

Team Name: Placeholder
Captain: Mstrshredder
Team Member: Bestboy
Vanleigh in Obsidian
Royal of Placeholder

If my posts do not reflect the views of the flag, the mind control chip provided to all our members will ensure that our views shift accordingly.
[Feb 22, 2019 10:56:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discriminate

Team Name: :)
Captain: Discriminate
Team Member: Cencul
[Feb 22, 2019 12:18:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Malificentt

Team- Poison

Captain- Malificent

Teammate Hissy
~*~Malificent~*~
Queen of Tell No Tales
Princess of Lion's Bane
Queen of Infamous
[Feb 23, 2019 1:05:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Labborino

Team Name: Hemp Raiders

Captain: Gembert

Team Member: Lab

[Feb 24, 2019 4:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Team Conception Maximus

Captain: Martobain
Subordinate: Memester
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Feb 26, 2019 5:17:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeesaAli

Registration is over! Thanks for signing up everyone! Please contact me on Discord at Cedar#8375 for invite to Discord server!
[Feb 26, 2019 3:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates