• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3583 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
hidemyhoney

Re: Felix Culpa's Declaration of War Reply to this Post

The Ocean will never be fixed, Obsidian has been around for 18 months with no sign of Forculus for over 6 months, Oceanmasters are mostly concerned about portraits, familiars and drawing events rather than the actual functioning aspect of the game.

You seem to lack an understanding of what OMs do.

Forculus only developer and hasn't been seen around for 6+ months.

Oceanmasters, watch over oceans and enforce the TOS/law.
----------------------------------------
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Dec 29, 2018 7:14:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

The Ocean will never be fixed, Obsidian has been around for 18 months with no sign of Forculus for over 6 months, Oceanmasters are mostly concerned about portraits, familiars and drawing events rather than the actual functioning aspect of the game. PvP aspect was always going to be abused, same with Pillage update as well with 74 swabbies on a Grand Frigate which people use 25+ alts on them to win free IO trinkets and trophies that don't even mean anything. Which therefore makes the seal event utterly pointless. If they want to promote familiars then why not make more familiar comps to actually puzzle, not use a CC or painting abilities? The focus has drifted away and will never go back into the actual focus, sadly Cleaver was right. Might as well let swabbies be able to go into SMHs, might actually save the game in the abusing way.

Puzzling is not high on my priorities in this game. I suck at most of them anyway. I come to Obsidian to hang out with PP friends old and new; we chat, we just hang out, we act silly, we offer a listening ear when it's needed.

One of the few things that I can do relatively well in are the artistic competitions, the doodles, portrait background comps and the fun stuff. On THIS playing field I stand a decent enough chance of winning something on merit and ability. These are no less "functioning aspects" of the game than any other, that all come together to make the wonderful little pixel places that we inhabit. The OM's have always recognised the importance of game art contributed by players and I sincerely hope that it is a practice that will continue for a long time to come.
Wallfish says, "I have never been sexually stimulated by a candy cane... maybe I'm using them wrong"
[Dec 30, 2018 5:42:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Oceanmasters, watch over oceans and enforce the TOS/law.

So, if you understand what the OM role is, how can you say that they aren't doing their job? Do you have petitions that have gone unanswered? Did someone steal from your crew with no action from the OMs once reported? Is someone scamming other players being ignored?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Dec 30, 2018 1:24:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

So, if you understand what the OM role is, how can you say that they aren't doing their job?

Ok, list anything they have done that has been beneficial to the game in the past 6 months?

Do you have petitions that have gone unanswered?

They do answer, but always give a copy/pasted response (showing that they care) since they probably get the same questions of "Where if Forculus", "Is his concern on Sprial Knights not Puzzle Pirates anymore?", "Has Forculus finally given up on the game".

Did someone steal from your crew with no action from the OMs once reported?

Never had a crew, too much work and responsibility. So really can't answer that one for you as a Captain.

Is someone scamming other players being ignored?

It happens all the time, if you log onto the game, people undercutting others, people using big use of alts for easy gain and Greedy.

Which brings me questions to you or anyone, will anything be done for the lower playerbase Oceans? Will Forculus return and make a new boat? Will Forculus make a new Ocean for everyone? Will the Oceanmasters be more open to the playerbase on what is going on in petitions? What does the future hold for Obsidian after the PvP failure and massive alt abuse in Sealperial Outposts?
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Dec 31, 2018 2:42:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

So, if you understand what the OM role is, how can you say that they aren't doing their job?

Ok, list anything they have done that has been beneficial to the game in the past 6 months?

They've done their job. That is very beneficial.

Do you have petitions that have gone unanswered?

They do answer, but always give a copy/pasted response (showing that they care) since they probably get the same questions of "Where if Forculus", "Is his concern on Sprial Knights not Puzzle Pirates anymore?", "Has Forculus finally given up on the game".

You're asking OMs about personnel matters. That's outside the realm of their job.

Regarding answering petitions, do you know what "copy/pasted response" can also be called? Consistent answers.

Did someone steal from your crew with no action from the OMs once reported?

Never had a crew, too much work and responsibility. So really can't answer that one for you as a Captain.

You've never been part of a crew either? If so, did no one steal from it?

Is someone scamming other players being ignored?

It happens all the time, if you log onto the game, people undercutting others, people using big use of alts for easy gain and Greedy.

Just because you don't agree with what players are doing doesn't mean that those players are scamming other players. In addition, it doesn't mean that true scamming (according to GH) activities are being ignored.

Which brings me questions to you or anyone, will anything be done for the lower playerbase Oceans? Will Forculus return and make a new boat? Will Forculus make a new Ocean for everyone? Will the Oceanmasters be more open to the playerbase on what is going on in petitions? What does the future hold for Obsidian after the PvP failure and massive alt abuse in Sealperial Outposts?

Do you think that alt'ing to get the various pieces is new? It didn't matter on the other oceans, why should it matter on this one?

Aside from shutting it down, GH can't predict what will happen with Obsidian any more than what you can. You call Obsidian a failure, I disagree. I call it a success. It's a significantly better ocean than the classic oceans.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Dec 31, 2018 7:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates