• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2319 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Pasteyman

Guerrilla Warfare's Intent For Melanaster: Dec 15, 2018 Reply to this Post

Intent Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23IpExGvb8I

Guerrilla Warfare invites you to job for us this weekend at Melanaster Island, versus the Widow Queen and Amateur Hour. Guerrilla Warfare previously freed Melanaster from Consider it Sunk, who held the island for several months. During that time, CiS held nine of the shoppe plots for themselves and their supporters, and only one shoppe was owned independently (by a giveaway from GW at an earlier time). AH supported CiS in keeping these shoppes locked up from the ocean, and GW started the movement of giving shoppes back to a variety of people, to which AH jumped on board.

Under governance from Guerrilla Warfare, we've seen two shoppes given away in events, and a third which was given away by the band-wagoners remained open. GW would like to remain true to their original plan of the island, which was stated on week two of Melanaster being opened. As a refresher, we plan our giveaways with another event run shoppe, and also give back to those flags who have helped support us in our many blockades at Melanaster. We aim to promote a healthy PVP blockade scene, no one wants to see islands owned by Brigand King's, which CiS have tried to keep for the past several weeks. Taxes will go to 0%.

Please consider jobbing for Guerrilla Warfare this weekend!

Details:
- Saturday, December 15 @ Noon GT
- Pay starting at 6K/segment
- Tops/token bonuses
- Familiar giveaways each round
- Trivia + random mystery prizes to jobbers

xo.
----------------------------------------
Pasteyman
King of Guerrilla Warfare (Obsidian, retired)
Prince of Grow Up (Emerald, active)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Pasteyman at Dec 13, 2018 9:15:45 PM]
[Dec 13, 2018 9:02:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spooksz

Re: Guerrilla Warfare's Intent For Melanaster: Dec 15, 2018 Reply to this Post

...we've seen two shoppes given away in events

Factually incorrect. One. You ran an event for another shoppe when you didn't even own the island ???

It'd be like me running an event for Magpie right now.

You then go on to promote how you kept a shoppe open by people who "bandwagon" did shoppe giveaways. (Mind you, CIS kept a shoppe given away by you guys open for four months compared to your two)

You then state you're paying 6k / seg + tops + familiars; when you weren't offering this in previous weeks. You are now offering this as soon as AH offers this.

Who is truly the bandwagon flag?
Captain of Job Here
Royal of Clap Back
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Spooksz at Dec 14, 2018 1:15:35 PM]
[Dec 14, 2018 1:43:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingerr1

Intent Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23IpExGvb8I

Guerrilla Warfare invites you to job for us this weekend at Melanaster Island, versus the Widow Queen and Amateur Hour. Guerrilla Warfare previously freed Melanaster from Consider it Sunk, who held the island for several months. During that time, CiS held nine of the shoppe plots for themselves and their supporters, and only one shoppe was owned independently (by a giveaway from GW at an earlier time). AH supported CiS in keeping these shoppes locked up from the ocean, and GW started the movement of giving shoppes back to a variety of people, to which AH jumped on board.

Under governance from Guerrilla Warfare, we've seen two shoppes given away in events, and a third which was given away by the band-wagoners remained open. GW would like to remain true to their original plan of the island, which was stated on week two of Melanaster being opened. As a refresher, we plan our giveaways with another event run shoppe, and also give back to those flags who have helped support us in our many blockades at Melanaster. We aim to promote a healthy PVP blockade scene, no one wants to see islands owned by Brigand King's, which CiS have tried to keep for the past several weeks. Taxes will go to 0%.

Please consider jobbing for Guerrilla Warfare this weekend!

Details:
- Saturday, December 15 @ Noon GT
- Pay starting at 6K/segment
- Tops/token bonuses
- Familiar giveaways each round
- Trivia + random mystery prizes to jobbers

xo.

Subscribe to PEWDIEPIE!!!
[Dec 14, 2018 2:02:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Spooksz wrote:

Factually incorrect. One. You ran an event for another shoppe when you didn't even own the island ???

Ahoy Spooksz,

Our shoppe event began while GW owned Melanaster, and I would argue that running an island includes the shoppes on the island. The deed was transferred over to the winner of the event, with full intention of re-opening upon a successful blockade last weekend.

Spooksz wrote:

You then go on to promote how you kept a shoppe open by people who "bandwagon" did shoppe giveaways. (Mind you, CIS kept a shoppe given away by you guys open for four weeks compared to your two)

You then state you're paying 6k / seg + tops + familiars; when you weren't offering this in previous weeks. You are now offering this as soon as AH offers this.

If giving away prizes and starting out at the same pay as your opponent is considered band-wagoning, I guess I'm a band-wagoner.

Thank you for your interest.
Pasteyman
King of Guerrilla Warfare (Obsidian, retired)
Prince of Grow Up (Emerald, active)

[Dec 14, 2018 4:18:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

umm sounds like matching, pay I guess they can pay 7k and then AH will be the "bandwagon flag" if they match.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Dec 14, 2018 4:31:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spooksz

Spooksz wrote:

Ahoy Spooksz,

Our shoppe event began while GW owned Melanaster, and I would argue that running an island includes the shoppes on the island. The deed was transferred over to the winner of the event, with full intention of re-opening upon a successful blockade last weekend.

Spooksz wrote:

You then go on to promote how you kept a shoppe open by people who "bandwagon" did shoppe giveaways. (Mind you, CIS kept a shoppe given away by you guys open for four weeks compared to your two)

If giving away prizes and starting out at the same pay as your opponent is considered band-wagoning, I guess I'm a band-wagoner.

Thank you for your interest.

Hi.

The first PvP's occurred long after you lost the island. You could've postponed, but you didn't, a la, you ran it after you had lost the island (and failed to defend it a few times may I add)

I am glad we've cleared up that taking an action to remain competitive in the blockade scene is not bandwagoning. Not sure why you used such rhetoric in the first place. My guess is because that's all you've got. :0)
Captain of Job Here
Royal of Clap Back
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Spooksz at Dec 14, 2018 6:14:37 AM]
[Dec 14, 2018 5:17:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greeniguanaa

CIS assisted Black Veil in freeing the island from GW. We are trying to ally with Black Veil and did this as a good will gesture! It didn't work in our favor..

Scum will be scum!
Beijing of Obsidian
[Dec 14, 2018 6:17:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spooksz

CIS assisted Black Veil in freeing the island from GW. We are trying to ally with Black Veil and did this as a good will gesture! It didn't work in our favor..

Scum will be scum!

Hi Iggy. Do you want a 5 litre or 10 litre off Amazon? I would've gotten a 10L last week but so many members have now quit from GW I think we only need the 5L?
Captain of Job Here
Royal of Clap Back
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Spooksz at Dec 14, 2018 6:43:44 AM]
[Dec 14, 2018 6:42:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

The first shop plot was given to Julie the second shop was given to me, not sure how any of that is factually incorrect.

However, It's factually correct that the recent shop given away in an event was lost due to several unsuccesful attempts to regain control over Melanaster. To compare it to you running an event for Magpie is a bit weird 1) you are unlikely to obtain Magpie in the near future, whereas GW have shown their main blockade priority is to get back Melanaster on a short term basis, 2) with your recent trade chat escapades (buying war brigs with a U such that your flag members war brigs get sunk instead of yours) it's unlikely that you'll ever run a shoppe event without getting anything in return.

Islands plans show the philosophy of a flag. Some flags put the main emphasis of islands plans on their own flag by owning the majority of the shoppes (CiS for example) whereas others are more focused to returning a favour (e.g. shoppe giveaways). Both work and are completely reasonable as blockades do cost a lot of money. Personally, I don't mind any plans as long as you show transparency and talk openly about them. Sadly this is where it goes wrong, AH previously said on the forums that they had given flags shops with the reason of preparing them for blockades. Obviously, shortly after it was very clear this was merely done to buy jobbing support. When they realized they would still get outjobbed they changed course drastically and almost copied GW island plans. This is what we call band wagoning.

As for the payment, many flags usually agree on payment before blockades (just like AH and GW agreed on not bribing any flags for jobbing support, lol?). Besides that, Guerrilla Warfare have given out tops/familiars in previous blockades.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Paulisma at Dec 14, 2018 7:35:36 AM]
[Dec 14, 2018 7:31:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazyreece

Another fine example of salt-filled propaganda. You ever thought that the reason CiS retain high jobber support in every blockade is because we're not as terrible as you guys paint us out to be in these intents?
Rhizz

Drunk of the Southsea Bandits

Founder of Consider it Sunk.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by crazyreece at Dec 14, 2018 8:12:41 AM]
[Dec 14, 2018 8:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greeniguanaa

Hi Iggy. Do you want a 5 litre or 10 litre off Amazon? I would've gotten a 10L last week but so many members have now quit from GW I think we only need the 5L?

Ah quite a hard choice! I'd personally go with the 10L. I heard the scum is often hard to get rid off. Never hurts to have the extra amount at your disposal!
Beijing of Obsidian
[Dec 14, 2018 8:56:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I'm ignoring the tl;dr posts, so if someone already pointed this out, then I apologize for being late to the party.

Spooksz wrote: 
Mind you, CIS kept a shoppe given away by you guys open for four weeks compared to your two

I believe there's a difference between keeping a shoppe open that was awarded to the winners of an ocean-wide contest vs keeping a shoppe open that was alliance driven.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Dec 14, 2018 9:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Kingerr1

25% of the Text was the actual intent and
75% of the Text was "Lets see if we can make the side we are blockading against bad in eyes of the Ocean so we look "good" and people job for us."
Didn't know you can drop so low, i am really disappointed.
[Dec 14, 2018 11:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
missjudithan

I wish Guerrilla Warfare and the team representing them on the blockade boards the best of luck tomorrow. Happiest of holidays to you!

It's been an exciting year, Obsidian! Can't wait to see what 2019 holds...

Ye have traded: your soul.
Ahoymatey - Viridian/Meridian
Judithxoxo - Emerald and Obsidian
[Dec 14, 2018 12:10:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thomas91

75% of the Text was "Lets see if we can make the side we are blockading against bad in eyes of the Ocean so we look "good" and people job for us."

If I rob a bank and you write an article detailing the facts about how I robbed the bank, are you in the wrong or “dropping so low” for making me look bad or am I in the wrong for robbing the bank in the first place? : thinking face :
The most inglorious of basterds, Mtdizzle

Viridian famous in 2008, Magicaltouch
[Dec 14, 2018 12:15:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingerr1

If I rob a bank and you write an article detailing the facts about how I robbed the bank, are you in the wrong or ?dropping so low? for making me look bad or am I in the wrong for robbing the bank in the first place? : thinking face :

1st. Totally wrong analogy.
2nd. I am disappointed because you instead to try to be a better, a nicer flag you try to make the other flags seems worse then you, which in contrary makes you more toxic unfortunately.
3. Might as well now change the Title of the post into "Intent to Destroy AH/CIS jobbing support"
4. Good luck in the kade.
[Dec 14, 2018 2:23:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates