• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2920 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

[Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle: Good Ship Whatevers-in-the-Cupboard! Deadline 10:00am 18 Dec Reply to this Post

Winners announced!

What are we doing? Good Ship Whatevers-in-the-Cupboard
A Little Background: I've been hearin' tale of a ship made of lollies and it intrigues me. I also happen to be stuck on an island without any wood spawn and far too many Hera eggs.
Why do we do this? TO GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Create a ship out of any foodstuffs you have tucked away in your cupboard. This is not limited to candies and you can use whatever you like to hold it together, but it must be primarily food! That means if you want to stitch baked beans together for a sail, go right ahead, though I'd stay upwind of that vessel! I bet she'd move fast though. I'm putting way too much thought into this. MOVING ON!

Entry Template:
Pirate Name:
Ocean:
Supplies: (image of your supplies you'll be using)
Construction: (A picture or two of different stages of construction)
Finished: (your final product)
Description: (Pretend you're announcing this monstrosity to the ocean like a LE ship. Keep it brief, but fun! Give it a name!)

What do you have to do?
* Raid your pantry for materials to construct a vessel
* Think 3D! Painting with ketchup won't work!
* Host your image(s) on Imgur. You don't need to make an account--just upload them
* Submit your entry in this thread following the template above
* Double check your entry to make sure your image link works and that you have not exceeded the word count for the description."
When do I have to do this? Deadline is 10am on December 18, 2018
The prizes
*Prizes will be flexible, depending on the quantity and quality of entries.
The details
* Only one entry per player
* All photos must have a card/paper in them with your pirate name written on it.
* You may edit your post up until the deadline of 10am 18 Dec

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 13, 2019 7:31:24 AM]
[Dec 13, 2018 7:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: [Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle: Good Ship Whatevers-in-the-Cupboard! Deadline 10:00am 18 Dec Reply to this Post

Is there a strict word limit for the description all it says is "keep it brief but fun" but you tell us to make sure we don't exceed the word limit.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Dec 13, 2018 5:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Re: [Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle: Good Ship Whatevers-in-the-Cupboard! Deadline 10:00am 18 Dec Reply to this Post

Is there a strict word limit for the description all it says is "keep it brief but fun" but you tell us to make sure we don't exceed the word limit.

No word limit, but I don't want to read an essay on the joys of food sailing. If it's particularly well-written and fun, I might last longer reading through it.
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Dec 13, 2018 9:03:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SmiteyObsid

Pirate Name: Smitey
Ocean: Obsidian
Supplies: (image of your supplies you'll be using)
Everything I could spare from my cupboards

Construction: (A picture or two of different stages of construction)

Development 1
Development 2
Development 3
Development 4

Finished: (your final product)

Front Shot
Back Shot
Side View 1
Team Evil

Description: (Pretend you're announcing this monstrosity to the ocean like a LE ship. Keep it brief, but fun! Give it a name!)

As your average British pirate, browsing Netfl** I came to find myself watching a show about how we got dominated by the Vikings.

I bring to you Team Evil, a Longship of Cotton Candy Vegetables the ultimate speed demon that would sufficiently transport Nemesis to a guaranteed victory as she continues her rule as Champion of Team Evil.

Hope everyone enjoys

Kind Regards

Smitey
[Dec 16, 2018 5:36:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Bisca of Obsidian..

Very busy weekend, a lot of travelling and parties, so I definitely needed this candy ship! The name is Sweet Angel. (I used the receipt as name card.. lmao)

Supplies
Construction
Full Size Finished
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
[Dec 16, 2018 11:10:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donatelo3

Stephs
Emerald

Hear ye hear ye! Pawrates of all breeds a new ship captained by the fluffiest of floofs be headin this way. The Dalmatian she be known as crewed by the yappin Yorkies. Residing under the flag Fox Terrier, Captain Corgi and lieutenant Labrador are seeking all the squeaking treasures out there.

Supplies: woof
Construction: arf bow grrr
Finished: bark awhoo sniff

*disclaimer* No doggos where left treat-less in the making of this vessel
[Dec 16, 2018 12:50:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena
Cerulean

Materials
Progress
Progress 2
Finished

Introducing the Carb Class Sloop!
Undertake a lengthy voyage without the proper snacks? Im-pasta-ble! No pirates worth their salt-ines would dream o' lettin' rum slosh in their bellies with nuthin' to absorb it. The Carb Class sloop is bun-derfully equipped. Get cracker-ing on carpentry, tack the toasty sails, and use yer noodle when ye aim the guns.
With the Carb Class sloop, ye'll never set sail half-baked.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Dec 17, 2018 12:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin
Obsidian

Supplies: [Sweet potato mold, noodles, bread, plastic wrap and mod podge]
Construction: [preparing the mold for][noodles] [a delicate, noodly process]
Finished: [1][2][3]

I give you... the Carb Cutter!*

-awkward silence at seeing Herowena's post-

I mean, uh, I give you... the Starchy Sloop?

It's floury, it's yeasty, it's surprisingly stable! Made using the finest in yam-based technology, it's bound to get you out of your crumby situation. Signaled on the wind with the delectable scent of the best pirate bakeries, your mates will know of your return from leagues away.

*not recommended for use in cutting carbs
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 17, 2018 3:10:00 PM]
[Dec 17, 2018 1:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Lettuce just say we went the whole hog to bring ye.....the BLT! With a figurehead that will cut through the seas like butter, a toasty cabin where ye can put up yer trotters after a hard day pillagin' to bring home the bacon, and a hold full of mayo, HOLD THE MAYO, it will be just to your taste. The BLT is available for a limited time only- so stop in at yer favorite shipyard today and order up a BLT before it's taken off the menu.

materials https://i.imgur.com/JGXGsfW.png
progress https://i.imgur.com/CrIabrV.png
piggie figurehead https://i.imgur.com/gn1qMOZ.jpg
finished views https://i.imgur.com/ag3lt0G.png andhttps://i.imgur.com/qbzHmXd.png

after opening the refrigerator and seeing a piggie just chillin' and staring back at him, my husband says he will never eat butter again.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Dec 17, 2018 9:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha on Obsidian

Introducing the newest most crazy class ship of all times - Festive Fondant Fuchsia (on biscuits) sailing on deep blue jelly.
Who said evil is not sweet and pretty?

Materials : 1
Progress : 1 2 3 4 5
Final stages : 1 2

- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 18, 2018 6:27:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

The Winners!

1st : Doggbreath (Cerulean) - A sloop named Good Gravy, a Nemesis egg and a lily trinket! - Delivered
2nd : Smitey (Obsidian) - A Nemesis egg and a rose trinket! - Delivered
3rd : Stephs (Emerald) - A random trinket from my pocket, and maybe some lint. - Delivered
4th : Cattrin (Obsidian) - A random trinket from my pocket, and maybe some lint. - Delivered
Honorable Mention: Everyone that isn't Hera on every ocean ever - My congratulations on not being Hera

Prizes will be delivered in the next week (barring catastrophe!) for everything except ships and portraits. For ships and portraits, please petition letting me know when you'll be available and we'll schedule a time. Use "Nemesis - You're Slow!" as the subject!

SHINY SUN POINTS
Doggbreath (Cerulean) - 3 Shiny Sun Points!
Smitey (Obsidian) - 1 Shiny Sun Point!
Stephs (Emerald) - 1 Shiny Sun Point!
Cattrin (Obsidian) - 1 Shiny Sun Point!
Bisca (Obsidian) - 1 Shiny Sun Point!
Herowena (Emerald) - 1 Shiny Sun Point!
Alpha (Obsidian) - 1 Shiny Sun Point!

Later...
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 27, 2019 9:18:20 AM]
[Jan 13, 2019 7:27:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates