• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 514 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Ocxela

reenter ships Reply to this Post

New idea: there should be a way to come back to a ship in battle or in a map, if we disconnected. Also any new player should be put on the most populated island of the most populated ocean as a start, no newcomers want to start at Greenwich.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ocxela at Dec 10, 2018 1:32:14 PM]
[Dec 10, 2018 1:29:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: reenter ships Reply to this Post

New idea: there should be a way to come back to a ship in battle or in a map, if we disconnected.

That Idea is already been suggested many times before about SMHs, I vote no because it can really unbalance the booty wages and cause chaos with bugs on the oceans which is most likely why they have not been established on main oceans. But honestly I'm happy for anything to support SMHs.

Also any new player should be put on the most populated island of the most populated ocean as a start, no newcomers want to start at Greenwich.

I'm hearing that you are talking about Cerulean? If so I don't have much information about that since i haven't played for 6 years on that ocean. But since this is game design thread, with Meridian it really doesn't matter at this point no population = nothing matters. Emerald should always be Admiral because of the population (more chance of keeping players on populated islands or you can just take a free whisk to a gallery and make that your home arch). For Obsidian same story with Port Venture.
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Seal Event is pointless, because people just use 20+ alts on Grand Frigates against sloops.
[Dec 10, 2018 9:45:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

For the game design forum, to avoid confusion or to have on subject lost, it is usually best to make separate suggestions in different threads.

New idea: there should be a way to come back to a ship in battle or in a map, if we disconnected.

A few years back, OOO did improve this. It used to be that if you disconnected, you would always be kicked off the ship. Now, if you log back on quickly, you stay on the ship. There may be more stuff the developers can do, but I'm not sure how easy this would be to fix.

Also any new player should be put on the most populated island of the most populated ocean as a start, no newcomers want to start at Greenwich.

There is already minimum standards for a island to spawn greenies, see Greenie island spawn requirements. In particular, an island must have a population over 250, which greenwich has had since late 2015. In the past, I have argued that these minimal requirements should be increased, but nothing has been changed.

I can certainly see Meridian and Cerulean being removed as oceans that spawn greenies. Obsidian is smaller than Emerald, but I really doubt that GH will stop spawning greenies there.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Dec 11, 2018 5:34:56 AM]
[Dec 11, 2018 5:21:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

For the game design forum, to avoid confusion or to have on subject lost, it is usually best to make separate suggestions in different threads.

A few years back, OOO did improve this. It used to be that if you disconnected, you would always be kicked off the ship. Now, if you log back on quickly, you stay on the ship. There may be more stuff the developers can do, but I'm not sure how easy this would be to fix.

There is already minimum standards for a island to spawn greenies, see Greenie island spawn requirements. In particular, an island must have a population over 250, which greenwich has had since late 2015. In the past, I have argued that these minimal requirements should be increased, but nothing has been changed.

I can certainly see Meridian and Cerulean being removed as oceans that spawn greenies. Obsidian is smaller than Emerald, but I really doubt that GH will stop spawning greenies there.

Might as well remove the other dead oceans as well other than Cerulean :)
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Seal Event is pointless, because people just use 20+ alts on Grand Frigates against sloops.
[Dec 12, 2018 1:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates