• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 352 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
vampet17

YPPedia: Obsidian Alliance Rings (Future Script) Reply to this Post

(Reference: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Alliance_Rings_(Obsidian))

A YPPedia page has been generated to help show the balance of actual power on the Obsidian Ocean in terms of politics, active wars, islands held, and so forth.

I'm currently working on another version inspired by YPP Dweeb's Political Map, but due to the functionalities of Obsidian (DA cannot ally with Shadow Fleet) I've taken it as a side project to produce a similar version that is "Obsidian function friendly" if possible.

While I work on things I also plan to keep track of the political climate. Primarily Alliances, Islands Held, and the frequent updates of Alliance changes. The script itself will do its best to be automatic, but due to the functionalities on Obsidian with the two factions it may include manual adaptation.

A few flags (on both sides including Independent Flags) have volunteered to help keep the YPPedia Page up to date as an active way to track the political climate. Additionally, it may also help me with the scripting. I don't plan on buying a domain or anything to host it (just yet) but if it works out well I don't mind investing in a domain name to make the political webpage easily accessible as a Puzzle Pirate fansite.

YPPedia Page: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Alliance_Rings_(Obsidian))

* Please only update accordingly. There are roughly 5 or 6 active volunteers but everyone is welcome to adjust it according to their flags "visual" benefits. Examples: Don't put yourself in an Alliance Ring if you are not in one, you may put yourself (or your flag) under Independent, do not switch and/or adjust already accurate information. Try to ensure you add editing notes if the edit is major and/or changes anything in terms of political climate. (Alliance changes, war declarations, island ownership switches, etc.)

More of a personal/hobby project.

[A very rough sketch on how I visually see the script working out, and how it would display the political climate. I'm not familiar with how the YPP Dweeb Political Map was scripted per say, but I plan to try and make it just as easy but avoid copying it directly to keep it as it's own genuine creation.]
----------------------------------------
Syrupmaker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vampet17 at Dec 6, 2018 7:54:04 PM]
[Dec 6, 2018 7:47:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vampet17

Re: YPPedia: Obsidian Alliance Rings (Future Script) Reply to this Post

Example: https://i.imgur.com/vEeePp6.png

(For those not familiar with the Political Map [Dweeb] you can see it here: http://ypp.dweeb.com/maps/obsidian.svg)
Syrupmaker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vampet17 at Dec 6, 2018 7:59:15 PM]
[Dec 6, 2018 7:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vampet17

Re: YPPedia: Obsidian Alliance Rings (Future Script) Reply to this Post

https://discord.gg/Qc6MSNF

Official Discord. Trying out a few ways to make it possible, but it requires at least ONE Royal (and/or Monarch) to join the Discord to keep things up to date when the time comes. Right now, I'm working with someone to generate a Discord Bot that syncs with the visual political map on a web page.

Ex.

Flag A would type !alliance FLAGNAME B to report an alliance on the Political Map.
Flag A would type !war FLAGNAME B to declare war on the Political Map.

For more information and an indepth posting please join us on Discord.

Everyone is welcome, but keep in mind this is a Political oriented project Discord. Only ROYALS and MONARCHS of each flag will be given specific roles which will then be upgraded access to the Discord Bot. (A flag may have up to 5 valid Flag Royals, Ambassador(s) and/or including their Monarch - otherwise the rest will stay under "Regular Members" but may have their appropriate FLAG Role Tag to represent themselves and their flag.)
Syrupmaker
[Dec 8, 2018 5:19:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates