• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 669 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Stan5

Stan's "Get out and join voyages" Contest Reply to this Post

RE-DOING SOME PARTS OF THE CONTEST, POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO LOGISTICAL ISSUES

It's that time of the year when we'll likely get another Christmas Pillaging event to assemble meaningless toy parts for trophies like we have been doing for the last decade. Instead of complaining however, I have decided to share a Voyage Competition with the entire ocean that I have run for my flags in the past.

Starting: TBD

Ending: TBD

How to enter: Run a pillage, Kraken hunt or CI or help any Pirate who is running any of these.

Who is eligible: Every Pirate on the Ocean.

Rules:
1. Voyage must be completed on a non-navy vessel so vessel logs can be verified if shadiness is suspected.
2. All battles for the contest entry must happen on a single run (Multiple entries permitted for Sea Monster hunts).
3. Only pirates that are aboard the vessel for the entire voyage will be eligible to receive prizes.
4. There has to be at least one person aboard the ship other than the bnaver for the entire voyage for it to count as an entry. Use of alts as the 2nd person will not be permitted and If caught, would lead to the entire entry being thrown out.
5. The officer running the voyage has to take a screenshot showing two things - the booty division screen that shows who helped on the voyage and the screen that shows how many wins/losses there were or, for a Sea Monster Hunt, how many boxes were plundered.
6. Pirates are able to win multiple boxes if they are part of multiple winning teams.
7. Greedy bash voyages and Solo'd ships are ineligible for prizes (Ships bigger than a sloop ran by mostly swabbies to farm for Greedy lockers).
8. LIMIT OF 18 PEOPLE PER TEAM, any entry with more than 18 people (not counting swabbies) will be ineligible for prizes.

Pillages:
- The top three teams that port with the most points at the end of the contest win the prize
- 1 win = 1 point. - 1 Loss = -0.75 points.
- The Total points for the run will be multiplied by the amount of pirates that stayed the entire voyage. (Example 3 pirates out of 10 were aboard a ship that won 5 battles and lost 2. The total points will be 5 (for wins) -1.5 (for 2 losses) multiplied by the 3 people giving the voyage 10.5 points total)
- Screenshots required: Screenshot of the booty division screen showing every pirate aboard and how long they were on board. Screenshot of the Ahoy Tab after the booty is divided that shows how many Wins/Losses there were.

KH
- The top 3 groups of pirates that port with the most points at the end of the competition win the prize
Cuttle Boxes = 1 Point.
Kraken Ink = 2 Points.
Tentacle Lockers = 3 Points.
Cephalopod = 4 Points.
Eggs = 5 Points
- Like Pillaging, the total points will be multiplied by all the pirates aboard for the entire voyage
- Screenshots Required: Screenshot of the Booty Division screen showing every pirate aboard and how long they were on board. Screenshot of the booty division screen showing ALL the chests from that run.

CI:
- The top 3 groups of flag mates that port with the most points at the end of the week win the prize
- Bone Boxes = 1 Point. Fetish Boxes = 2 Points. Cursed Chests = 3 Points
- Like Pillaging, the total points will be multiplied by all the flaggies aboard for the entire voyage
- Screenshots Required: Screenshot of the booty division screen showing every pirate aboard and how long they were on board. Screenshot of the booty division screen showing ALL the chests from that run

NOTE

- Use Ctrl+P to take a screenshot.
- See the rules above for the screenshots needed per entry.
- All Screenshots must be uploaded to this thread. Please make separate posts per entry to reduce confusion.
- Only one person needs to upload the screenshot for the team.
-If you do not have screenshots for your run, it will not be used as an entry.
- I will do my best to maintain a ?Leaderboard? of entries, and update them daily with what groups has the most point in each of the contests.

This is an example of what an entry should look like (This is not an actual entry)

If anyone has a tutorial on how to post images on the forums, please post a link or send it to me in-game.

PRIZES
- Every Pirate who was aboard the vessel of a winning team from the the beginning to the end will win ONE (1) Mystery box

The Mystery Boxes Contain Prizes that include and are not limited to
- Tan Monkey (x1)
- Tan Octopus (x1)
- Krakling (x1)
- PoE Prizes (From 10k - 1 Mil)
- LE Pets (Yetis, Large Cats)
- Regular Pets
- Plain Ships (Sloop to Grand Frig, 1 of each)
- Wrapped Badges (Parlor, Deluxe Labor Badges, Officer Badges)
- Chromas
- Stock (Packs of 250 cbs + 100 Grog - Small medium and Large)

and many more. Prize donations accepted.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Stan5 at Dec 1, 2018 4:03:46 PM]
[Dec 1, 2018 10:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Re: Stan's "Get out and join voyages" Contest Reply to this Post

Reserved for leaderboards.
[Dec 1, 2018 10:40:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Geez dude you just signed up for a logistical nightmare! Props for ANOTHER awesome pillage event you?re running and it?s people like you that give me hope for this game. If you need help with anything feel free to let me know and I?ll do my best!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by natethedawg at Dec 1, 2018 11:48:04 AM]
[Dec 1, 2018 11:47:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Postponed till further notice. Posted the event a bit preemptively and need to fine-tune it first. Sorry for the inconvinience
[Dec 1, 2018 4:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates