• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1918 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
thenatedogg

Obsidian's Got Talent! Reply to this Post

Hello Obsidian Ocean! We at Primordial Raiders would love to invite you to our new game show Obsidian's Got Talent!! Springing from everyone's love for our Karaoke Pillies we are going to be hosting for three weeks a fun little contest to find out who on Obsidian has the most talent! Details are as follows-

Prize- The thing everyone cares about, the prize! We will be awarding the winner of the contest 250k and a medal inscribed with Obsidian's Got Talent Season 1 winner. For second prize we will be giving out 50k and a medal inscribed with Obsidian's Got Talent 2nd place.

Who?- everyone is welcome to join in this event! <3

Where?- this ultimately has to at least be submitted to us through our discord which you can find at this link-https://discord.gg/tCeXEGt

When?- This contest will be broken into three "episodes" each week. The "episodes" will "air" in our discord every Friday night starting at 4pm GT and ending when needed. Can't make it? Fret not!! That's just when the live studio audience is you will have until midnight GT on Friday to submit your audition for the week and can of course submit before hand. The first day this contest starts will be Friday 11/30, followed of course by Friday 12/7 and the finale on Friday 12/14

But Matt how the heck is this gonna work?- This is going to be a talent contest so anyone can enter with an one time entry fee of 10k per pirate. This fee will cover you all the way till the end of the contest to be clear. Once you have entered you can paint a masterpiece, record yourself playing an instrument, sing a song or record yourself doing something amazing. For some of these such as the singing of a song and the playing an instrument we encourage you to show off your talent on Friday in our discord call. But if you're too shy or you need video to show off your artwork or cool skill please create a video file or image file and send it to me preferably through discord, or DM me and I can give you an email address to send to! All entries of course should try to display in some way that this is YOUR work such as if it's a painting please show images of your progress and a sign with your name and the date much like the past pumpkin contest held. Once all these entries are submitted they will be posted in our contest page and we will TRY to make a video of everything and post it here in an episode for everyone to view by the following Monday.

Judging-Much like the tv show there will on the first episode be five judges (the five royals of our flag.) The next week there will only be three and on the final week none. Each judge will have a golden buzzer where if they thought your act was amazing will automatically push you to the next round! Outside of the judges just mentioned you the audience will be the judge of who goes forward! How do you do that? You vote! How do you vote? You pay a royal in game and send a tell who your vote is for of course. Each FIRST vote will cost only 2k. You can vote as much as you like for the contestant of your choice HOWEVER be warned your next vote will double in price from the previous one! So for example if I vote for someone my first vote is only 2k, my second 4k, third 8k and so on. To be clear this is for ANY vote you give as you CAN vote on multiple contestants. This cycle will reset each week so don't worry if you paid a lot the week before your first vote for the next "episode" is only 2k. We will have a live googlesheet letting everyone know the vote tallies as we get the payments and update them. Cut off of votes will be Tuesday at 12am GT. To move forward outside of a buzzer one will need to hit above the average of the number of votes for all contestants with ties moving to the next week. The winners will be announced on Wednesday both in the discord channel and in the forums. The first and second prize winners will of course be the two people with the most votes at the end of the third week.

Once the week is over the cycle will repeat and please note the contestants that move forward just like in the tv show this is based off of are expected to bring new material the following week. Please note any contestant that we deem to be cheating in any way will be disqualified and the results of the contest are final. This is our first time trying something like this out so please hang in there with us as we fix any possible issues! We hope that everyone has a blast with this and hope to see everyone there! Please let me know if you have any questions! <3
----------------------------------------
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by thenatedogg at Nov 20, 2018 9:44:33 PM]
[Nov 20, 2018 9:37:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

Re: Obsidian's Got Talent! Reply to this Post

Just a reminder tonight is the night if you plan to enter!! Live show is at 4pm game time if you just wanna sing/play instruments etc and you have until midnight gametime tonight to submit otherwise. Please don’t forget to pay the 10k entry fee to a royal to qualify for that 250k prize! Hope to see you all there and that we can have a fun time!!
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Nov 30, 2018 9:15:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

First off a huge thank you to those who have shown up so far! Second because we feel there may be some entrants who just haven’t entered yet we are extending the entry deadline to Tuesday. More details to come but if you have an entry as before just come by our discord and we are happy to listen or shoot us a recording or image of your talent!
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Dec 1, 2018 10:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

It's time for the finale!! Seeing as we have had issues with converting the bot's recording to the video, there were barely more entrants than golden buzzers for the first round and a few other things we have gone ahead and pushed all contestants that entered week one to the finals! So please clap your hands for the following as they will be going head to head against each other for that 250k first prize!

-Batman entered with an amazing rendition of "Barbie Girl!"

-Headless wowed us all by playing the puzzle pirates theme song (the song you hear when you first start the game and choose your pirate) on the violin!

-Dewlittle showed us her art chops and posted a beautiful painting!

-Pearl went real classy with a classical piano composition!

-Crashxx sang for us "I Try" and boy did she not only try but succeeded!

-Trousersnake show off his eye for beauty by displaying some of his photo shoots!

-Eggchick went down to the Shire and read some of "The Hobbit" in a charming Irish accent!

These 7 contestants now have until Friday 12/14/18 at midnight gametime to submit their final entries. As previously planned we will have the live show on Friday 12/14/18 at 4pm GT so that of course is a great time to make your entries. As always EVERYONE is welcome to come spectate and enjoy! We will HOPEFULLY this time be able to get the recordings onto a final video by Monday. Final voting will close Thursday 12/20/18 at midnight GT. I will post the winner on Friday 12/21/18! Please don't forget to vote for the person you want to see win that prize you just have to pay 2k to a royal of Primordial Raiders for your first vote and then double your previous payment for every subsequent vote. You may also vote on multiple contestants if you love more than one. A live spreadsheet will be on our discord starting Saturday. Winner will be the contestant with the most votes. Good luck to everyone let's have some fun!! Oh also we will be having our typical Flag Fun Friday on SUNDAY 12/16/18 at Noon GT or after the cades if there are any.We will be doing a Karaoke pilly!! EVERYONE again is invited so if you didn't get to enter this season or just want to have some fun please join us!
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Dec 12, 2018 9:53:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Is there a way to look back?
Like, did you record it on twitch or anything?
Love, Bisca
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Wayfarer
[Dec 13, 2018 3:02:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Is there a way to look back?
Like, did you record it on twitch or anything?
Love, Bisca

Hey Bisca!

I’?ll take full responsibility for the previous entries not being recorded. I didn?’t know the bot only kept recordings posted for a short time and I was in the middle of finals so didn?’t download and mess with it till it had already expired. This time around I won?’t be making that mistake. ALSO I have a twitch account and have actually figured out how to stream so if that is something everyone is interested in I would be happy to stream it. Not sure how to stream discord Audio but I?’ll be sure and figure it out before tomorrow. I?’m sure it?’s just an overlay option. If anyone would like to send me a DM on discord with any tips/tricks they have found out please hit me up! Natedawg#8410. If you can?’t send me a DM due to privacy restrictions then feel free to join our flag Discord:https://discord.gg/tCeXEGt

Oh and my Twitch if you’?d just like to watch and don?t have an account is twitch.com/natedawgobsidian
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by natethedawg at Dec 13, 2018 11:41:59 AM]
[Dec 13, 2018 11:39:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

All but one of our contestants have entered and we streamed it for everyone to watch and enjoy! The link is here and voting is live and the tally is on our discord! https://www.twitch.tv/natedawgobsidian
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Dec 14, 2018 6:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

Hello Obsidian!! I wanted to say first off thank you ALL so much for hanging out with us during our Obsidian's Got Talent event! I hope that everyone had a lot of fun cause I know I sure did! The final results are closed and the winners are- Headless with 30 votes for first which earned her 250k and a first place medal. In second was Eggchick who won 100k and a second place medal! Way to go to EVERYONE who came and made the ocean a little more fun! :) We will be hosting a second season in the months to come and cleaning up the format a bit better so hopefully we can once again bring some fun and joy to everyone! Thank you again all!
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Dec 21, 2018 7:43:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates