• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 580 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Phaerie2

Connectivity Problems with Dark Seas Reply to this Post

I suddenly started having problems with Dark Seas, experiencing one or all of the symptoms listed below, making play impossible. The problems were not present playing Emerald.

• Lag
  • Choppy play
  • Minimap blue
  • Main map blue
  • No dock, ship list etc
  • Rectangle placeholder for pirates, pets, etc
  • Client freeze
  • Disconnect

Usually the only remedy was to kill java through Task Manager, close Steam and restart everything again.

I tried updating drivers, updating java, updating Steam, updating PP, none of which worked.

I uninstalled Java, PP, Steam, chased up Registry items and then reinstalled everything. This gave me about 90 minutes of smooth, normal gameplay, then the problems started again.

After chatting with crew, Calamarie and Legendhunter, I tried the following (this varies slightly from the fix that Legendhunter tried). I have been playing problem free since.

Download and open a classic ocean on Steam. I opened Emerald.
- Close Puzzle Pirates and then close Steam.
- Copy the java.exe file from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Puzzle Pirates\java_vm\bin
- Paste the java.exe file to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas\java_vm\bin
- Restart Steam and open Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas.
----------------------------------------
Wallfish says, "I have never been sexually stimulated by a candy cane... maybe I'm using them wrong"
[Nov 19, 2018 2:57:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Connectivity Problems with Dark Seas Reply to this Post

Have also had the issue just been un then reinstalling dark seas every so often seems to also work.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Nov 19, 2018 5:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates