• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1095 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Threehundred

Keyboard Rumble Problem with Mac OS Mojave Reply to this Post

Anyone else having a problem when using the Z and X keyboard keys in rumble on a Mac running Mojave?

If rumbling with the keyboard keys, I have complete loss of the entire keyboard (within PP) after a few seconds and the only way to get the use of the keyboard back is to re-client. Although I can copy text from the chat history (but can't paste into PP when the keyboard loss occurs).

If using a mouse there are no issues. The loss of keyboard only happens within Puzzle Pirates (it still works everywhere else on the Mac) and it only happens (on 2 different Macs) since Mojave (all versions, all the way back to the beta versions). Also happens with all versions of Java, including Apple's 2017 version and the Oracle versions.

Also tried using different keyboards, but it makes no difference.

As far as I know, this only happens with the rumble puzzle, okay with sailing and sword fighting.
[Nov 18, 2018 11:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Keyboard Rumble Problem with Mac OS Mojave Reply to this Post

Anyone else having a problem when using the Z and X keyboard keys in rumble on a Mac running Mojave?

If rumbling with the keyboard keys, I have complete loss of the entire keyboard (within PP) after a few seconds and the only way to get the use of the keyboard back is to re-client. Although I can copy text from the chat history (but can't paste into PP when the keyboard loss occurs).

If using a mouse there are no issues. The loss of keyboard only happens within Puzzle Pirates (it still works everywhere else on the Mac) and it only happens (on 2 different Macs) since Mojave (all versions, all the way back to the beta versions). Also happens with all versions of Java, including Apple's 2017 version and the Oracle versions.

As far as I know, this only happens with the rumble puzzle, okay with sailing and sword fighting.

Just use your mouse, scroll to aim, left click to shoot and right click to aim.
----------------------------------------
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Seal Event is pointless, because people just use 20+ alts on Grand Frigates against sloops.
[Nov 18, 2018 12:02:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Threehundred

Been using a mouse on desktops (Mac Mini and iMac) but have held off updating my MacBook Air due to this problem. No fun using a mouse with a laptop...
[Nov 18, 2018 12:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Been using a mouse on desktops (Mac Mini and iMac) but have held off updating my MacBook Air due to this problem. No fun using a mouse with a laptop...

Keyboard is too complex to rumble, just carry a small mouse with you, much easier to rumble with a mouse since its more simple.
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Seal Event is pointless, because people just use 20+ alts on Grand Frigates against sloops.
[Nov 18, 2018 12:25:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I haven't had any issues with rumble (don't use the keyboard for it), but have with gunning losing the ASDW keys, and maybe others (I use the mouse for pointing). It happens maybe once every dozen times or so.

If I hop off station, go into the options, and play with the keys (even if I don't accomplish anything), it resets everything so it works right after that.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 18, 2018 4:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Threehundred

Tried the key settings in Options but couldn't get the keyboard working again.

But, I went to Emerald and when I lost use of the keyboard I was able to type in a value in the Doubloon Exchange in a Bank and the keyboard started working again.
[Nov 18, 2018 8:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

hidemyhoney wrote: 
Keyboard is too complex to rumble, just carry a small mouse with you, much easier to rumble with a mouse since its more simple.

Too complex for you. Could be that OP is much more accurate/faster/efficient using the keyboard.

OP wrote: 

I just upgraded to Mojave last night. I'll try to test to see if I have the same problem.

Did you upgrade or perform a fresh install of Mojave?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Nov 19, 2018 10:40:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Threehundred

I did a fresh install of Mojave (10.14.1) and using Java jdk-8u192-macosx-x64.

For some reason JDK 10 and 11 refuses to open PP, but all versions of 8 seem okay. I'm specifically using the JDK for occasional use of Steam and Obsidian.
[Nov 19, 2018 10:56:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I did a fresh install of Mojave (10.14.1) and using Java jdk-8u192-macosx-x64.

For some reason JDK 10 and 11 refuses to open PP, but all versions of 8 seem okay. I'm specifically using the JDK for occasional use of Steam and Obsidian.

I think PP:DS (Obsidian) has its own Java install as part of the PP:DS package. I'll get the folder path when I get on my Mac.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Nov 19, 2018 11:47:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
ebaysj

I'm having the exact same problem on multiple Macs running Mojave. In Rumble the keyboard quits on me if I hold a key down to charge a ball before firing. If I don't hold a key down, I can complete a rumble fine. I think it has to do with Java booching key repeat under Mojave but am not sure.

Like the OP, the Keyboard continues to work in every other app, but once this happens, I'm totally without a keyboard in Puzzle Pirates. I have to quit and re-client to restore.

Would really like to be able to resolve this as I can't really do my best in Rumble without charging balls.

Aarrtie on Emerald.
[Jan 7, 2019 4:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates