• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 178 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
xelto

Can you chart to a island that you don't have the end point memorized? Reply to this Post

Yeah, this one sounds odd, I know. At least, I hope it does.

I have an unusual situation where I have an island on my map, but I don't have the league point that that island resides at on my map. The island in question can be bypassed while memorizing by charting to the island beyond it, letting me memorize two different routes at the same time while cutting 1 LP off the total trip. But if I do this, will I be able to reach the island I'm bypassing later on?

(Island in question is Cryo on Emerald.)
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 10, 2018 6:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Can you chart to a island that you don't have the end point memorized? Reply to this Post

Yeah, this one sounds odd, I know. At least, I hope it does.

I have an unusual situation where I have an island on my map, but I don't have the league point that that island resides at on my map. The island in question can be bypassed while memorizing by charting to the island beyond it, letting me memorize two different routes at the same time while cutting 1 LP off the total trip. But if I do this, will I be able to reach the island I'm bypassing later on?

(Island in question is Cryo on Emerald.)

No, you cannot chart anywhere without the league point, if you want to memorize the island ask a hearty or a friend to get you to that island, then basically hop on and off the ship until you have it memmed. Buy the chart to that island then you will be able to chart to the island.
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Nov 10, 2018 6:30:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Can you chart to a island that you don't have the end point memorized? Reply to this Post

you can "memorize" an island league point by going to the island enough times. And, by "going to the island", that can mean taking a ferry to it, whisking to it, hoping on a ship ported at the island and then going back to the island, or simply logging off and logging on.

island league points are easy to get if you have ever visited the island....
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Nov 10, 2018 6:40:16 PM]
[Nov 10, 2018 6:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates