• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1307 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Lotus_elise3

10 THINGS THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT MELANASTER - AN INVESTIGATION (not clickbait) - Guerrilla Warfare’s Intent for Melanaster! Reply to this Post

Guerrilla Warfare’s Intent for Melanaster (Again)
This intent has been compiled by a team of world renowned investigators working for JoshSivils Investgations Ltd ~ Lead Investigator Mtdizzle responsible for contents of this post

Allow me to take you back to last weekend, when Amateur Hour declared a blockade on Melanaster:

Seepnah wrote:

The remaining open shoppes on the island will be closed with the exception of the Tailor Shoppe. One shoppe will be rebuilt by AH for use of our flag members initially and once demand falls will be opened to the ocean.

The remaining 8 plots will be given away

x

<3

After the blockade on Melanaster ended a number of shoppes were “re- opened” rather than “given away” or “closed” as stated above. As of 10/11/2018:

• Re-opened Consider it Sunk shipyard shoppe (Allie)
• Re-opened Primordial Raiders IM shoppe (Allie)
• Gave away shipyard shoppe to Black Plague (Formal/Informal Allie)
• Gave away shipyard shoppe to Anchor Issues (Allie)
• Likely to re-open Primordial Raiders shipyard shoppe once transferred back by Stan (Allie)

• 4 or 5 of the 8 shoppes are actually just given to flags that provided jobbers

Jobbing numbers for Amateur Hour last weekend at Melanaster by flags:

“So you’re telling me when Amateur Hour said “giving away shoppes” they actually meant “re-opening” shoppes for allies and trading shoppes for jobbing support?”

When you finally realise the “shoppe giveaways” were actually shoppe deals in return for jobbing support

Let it be known that there is no issue giving shoppes to flags for jobbers, we at GW simply argue that jobbing adverts such as this one last weekend:

[17:58:59] [Redacted] global chats, "Job with Amateur Hour today and be a part of a 8 shoppe giveaway event!! Let's distribute shoppes to flags preparing for blockading and events for anyone on the ocean!"

Are quite misleading.

We at Guerrilla Warfare request your company this weekend at Melanaster to support us with re-taking Melanaster Island and returning to our plan of giving away shoppes in events (thank you AH for running one event while we’ve been away)

Our intention should deeds not be traded to us, is to dust off Majestrates bulldozer and demolish all shoppes apart from the ones won in events by Julie and recently by Leetage.

When: 12 pm Game Time on Saturday!
Where: Melanaster Island
Pay: 5k per seg and rising, 1k tops and tokens, familiar and box giveaways as usual!

----------------------------------------
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Nov 9, 2018 5:05:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Re: 10 THINGS THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT MELANASTER - AN INVESTIGATION (not clickbait) - Guerrilla Warfare?s Intent for Melanaster! Reply to this Post

Someone owes me money.

Antix wrote: 
[17:58:59] [Redacted] global chats, "Job with Amateur Hour today and be a part of a 8 shoppe giveaway event!! Let's distribute shoppes to flags preparing for blockading and events for anyone on the ocean!"
You bolded the wrong part.

So, in short:
- 1 was given for AH use and to open up to the ocean. If we don't receive a lot of demand, then we'll just give that away. We'll be reviewing this in 2 weeks.
- 1 was given to the flag who sent us the most jobbers, that was CiS.
- 3 were given to flags who are keen to blockade (and one is blockading this weekend!), they are Primordial Raiders, Anchor Issues and Black Plague. As I said in a /tell, if PR end up winning Anole then we will discuss with them redistributing shoppes. No one in your ring approached us about wanting a shoppe, but then, I guess they don't have many options to blockade.
- 3 are reserved for events. 1 of which has already been given to Leetage. The next event will be forum based, once Demeter moves the inn that covers the pawprint. The third will be in-game based on a Friday, around 3pm game time (just as a heads up to people!).

Antix wrote: 
(thank you AH for running one event while we?ve been away)
You're welcome! We're currently equal in number of shoppe giveaway events.

Edit: soz the two people's trade chats that I forgot to remove.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Nov 9, 2018 5:53:46 PM]
[Nov 9, 2018 5:51:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thomas91

Re: 10 THINGS THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT MELANASTER - AN INVESTIGATION (not clickbait) - Guerrilla Warfare?s Intent for Melanaster! Reply to this Post

You're welcome! We're currently equal in number of shoppe giveaway events.

We were going to give away more but unfortunately Scar wasn't empty on his threat to 9999 us into oblivion :)
The most inglorious of basterds, Mtdizzle

Viridian famous in 2008, Magicaltouch
[Nov 9, 2018 6:12:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Very nice work on the investigation Mtdizzle. You really do look like an experianced investigator. I always wondered why you were logging on so little, but now knowing you've such an important job on the side it all makes sense.

Someone owes Pasteyman money.

As freelance private investigator I am known to have a very neutral opinion. After numerously analyzing this quote I came down to the following results:

1) This quote suggests that 8 shoppes will be given away in events.
2) Amateur Hour is anticipating to give away shoppes to flags preparing for blockading.

Frankly, Antix (GW) takes conclusions from result 1 and Anchovia (AH) takes conclusions from results 2.

One could argue for both to be in their right. Fortunately, private investigators don't settle for average and with JoshSivils Investgations Ltd database I came to further conclusions. These conclusions are based on both inside and outside acquired information from very close sources to GW and AH (unfortunately, I can't give away my sources as easily as AH give away their shoppes).

The main question that has yet to be answered is whether the 3 shoppe giveaways (Black Plague, Anchor Issues and Primordial Raiders) to said flags are a compensation for jobbing support (Antix) or a stimulance to get new flags blockading.

Database results:
1) Primordial Raiders were already planning to blockade before receiving the shop. Therefore, it's questionable to believe this is not a bribe for jobbing support.
2) Black Plague, as to quote AHs spokesman: ''Saying they outjobbed Ape by 40 is a silly comparison to look at as Ape has done nothing other than troll the blockade scene he's never been in a serious blockade flag or even tried to be.''
3) Anchor Issues. Unfortunately, Joshsivils investgations Ltd database shows a lack of information on this flag.
4) GW allies have recently shown they're very eager to blockade. Unfortunately, mass disconnection problems prior to the blockade has led to some flagsits that went in their way.
5) Supposedly Primordial Raiders will face a Clap Back team that is staffed by AH. Rumours are that AH are getting a percentage of PR's profit on the SY, this could clarify a CB team with AH staff.

As for cases like this no one is usually completely right or wrong. However, based on 1-5 I, on behalf of Joshsivils investgations Ltd, can conclude that the 3 shoppes given away to PR, AI and BP are more likely to be a compensation for jobbing support than a stimulance to get the blockading.

Personal addition: Wednesday I felt very tilted as I tanked Azy's first chance on his tailor shop on Melanaster. However, shortly after Antix reminded me that there were 7 more events to come, which obviously brightened up my day. In the days after, I spent hours looking up old events and preparing for them and only today I found out there will just be 2 more events.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Paulisma at Nov 9, 2018 7:46:59 PM]
[Nov 9, 2018 7:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Thank you to everyone, all of our allies who support us consistently, and everyone who came out and jobbed for Guerrilla Warfare, we could not have pulled off this win without you - and a special thank you to individuals we never thought we would see helping Guerrilla Warfare to victory. It means a lot to us.

We hope everyone had some fun, were paid well and potentially picked up an injury or two!

We hope to see you all at future Guerrilla Warfare blockades.

Thank you.
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Nov 11, 2018 5:35:23 AM]
[Nov 11, 2018 5:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Nate Dawg
Lead Legal Advisor for Primordial Raiders
1 Shack Way
Night Harbour, Obsidian

13th November 2018

JoshSivils Ltd
World Renowned Investigator
1 Melanaster Palace

Dear JoshSivils Ltd,

We write to you to clear up any doubts on the clean record that is Primordial Raiders reputation. In this letter we hope to address all of your concerns. My client, after conferring with us, has clarified on the issues that have been found by the “World Renowned” Investigators and their response is below.

Reference 1: Primordial Raiders IM shoppe was transferred back in to ownership from The OG Faction Sink Runner shortly before the weekend and immediately used to prepare for the blockade that they were running that same weekend. Referring to document “Amateur Hour Melanaster Intent Thingymajig” this is in terms with Amateur Hour’s intent to give shoppes to a few flags that are looking to blockade.

Reference 2: In terms of providing jobber support and getting a shoppe in return for it, PR have never asked for anything in terms of our jobber support and believe that as allies and friends it is common courtesy to support said allies and friends in their efforts.

Reference 3: In response to the rumors that PR is giving part of the profits from the SY to AH they would like to point out that at no time during AH ownership did PR own a SY on Melanaster.

Lastly my client would like to congratulate GW on their ownership of Melanaster and are looking forward to the events to come!

If anything has not been addressed we apologize.

Cordially,

Nate Dawg on behalf of Primordial Raiders

CC:Paulisma Freelance Private Investigator

Reference 1:

After the blockade on Melanaster ended a number of shoppes were re- opened rather than given away or closed as stated above. As of 10/11/2018:

Re-opened Consider it Sunk shipyard shoppe (Allie)
Re-opened Primordial Raiders IM shoppe (Allie)
Gave away shipyard shoppe to Black Plague (Formal/Informal Allie)
Gave away shipyard shoppe to Anchor Issues (Allie)
? Likely to re-open Primordial Raiders shipyard shoppe once transferred back by Stan (Allie)

Reference 2:

The main question that has yet to be answered is whether the 3 shoppe giveaways (Black Plague, Anchor Issues and Primordial Raiders) to said flags are a compensation for jobbing support (Antix) or a stimulance to get new flags blockading.
Database results:
1) Primordial Raiders were already planning to blockade before receiving the shop. Therefore, it's questionable to believe this is not a bribe for jobbing support.

Reference 3

5) Supposedly Primordial Raiders will face a Clap Back team that is staffed by AH. Rumours are that AH are getting a percentage of PR's profit on the SY, this could clarify a CB team with AH staff.

To anyone wondering, yes this is in the form of a proper business document, I'm taking a business communication class and figure why not. Also seriously did just want to clear this up but also wanted to have fun doing this. Props to anyone who read through it!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Nov 12, 2018 11:24:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

10 SHOPPES THINGS THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT MELANASTER

This investigation has been conducted by Oceanside Entry Investigation Inc

Allow me to scroll to the top of this thread whereby Antix suggested GW would be 'resuming' shoppe giveaways on Melanaster.

Antix wrote:

We at Guerrilla Warfare request your company this weekend at Melanaster to support us with re-taking Melanaster Island and returning to our plan of giving away shoppes in events (thank you AH for running one event while we?ve been away)

After the blockade on Melanaster 2 shoppes were constructed:

Of which Antix, King of Guerrilla Warfare, Illustrious Bilger, Reasonable Fifa Player, Skin Colour Changing Chameleon (the list could go on), can clearly been seen to have an involvement with - along with other members of said flag.

N.B - Advanced Thinking Face™ technology has been used to avoid public recognition

Shoppes currently on Melanaster by type:

?So you?re telling me when Guerrilla Warfare said ? returning to our plan of giving away shoppes in events? they actually meant ?building? shoppes for themselves??

When you finally realise the ?shoppe limit? of a large island is 10 and you were promised shoppe giveaways would resume

Let it be known that there is no issue with building shoppes for your own flag/use, we at AH simply argue that jobbing adverts such as this one last weekend:

Antix wrote:

We at Guerrilla Warfare request your company this weekend at Melanaster to support us with re-taking Melanaster Island and returning to our plan of giving away shoppes in events (thank you AH for running one event while we?ve been away)

Are quite misleading.
Seepnah
[Nov 14, 2018 12:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Be right back 10 hours Corp. Melanaster Island report

A chronological summary of key aspects ''what happened at Melanaster Island'

October 20) GW attacks Melanaster which is then owned by CiS as a counter drop to AHs earlier drop on Anole Garden.
October 20) GW wins Melanaster and closes down all but Julie's tailor shop as intended.
October 22) Pasteyman pays the rent at the trading post for the first time in many months.
October 28) Unsuccesful attack from CiS vs GW on Melanaster, shop situation remains unchanged.
November 1) Flopternal is spotted on Melanaster docks.
November 3) Seepnah uploads an intent for Melanster saying: ''The remaining open shoppes on the island will be closed with the exception of the Tailor Shoppe.''
November 4) Amateur Hour turn on global chat to win some extra support for their blockade: They are also promising: [17:58:59] [Redacted] global chats, "Job with Amateur Hour today and be a part of a 8 shoppe giveaway event!
November 4) Amateur hour win Melanaster after they just paused jobbing 6 minutes before the end of the blockade because oh boy they want even cades so badly. Consequently, AH re-open several shops which is in contradiction with their intent. Most of those shops end up being spread amongst AH supporting flags. No flag supporting GW side receives a shop.
November 5) Ela's SY shop gets shut down.
November 7) AH host their first event for a shop, which Leetage as winner.
November 10) GW wins back Melanaster which leads to Seepnah ragequitting AH.
November 10) GW, unlike AH, follow up on their intent promises and reset the shutdown timer on several AH & affiliates owned shops. Once these are shutdown event giveaways can follow.
November 11) A tailor and flag shipyard are dropped to 1) satisfy the wishes of those that contribute to our blockades and 2) to be able to sustain from the ship losses we took in previous blockades.
November 12) Antix asks for Melanaster governor to make a portrait.

What GW have published about their shoppe giveaways: ''Guerrilla Warfare will be continuing with our plans once the current shoppes are dusted, to run events to giveaway shoppes once again!'' Antix, in his defense intent on November 4.
Unfortunately, for both Guerrilla Warfare and the ocean the blockade on November 4th didn't go GWs way resulting in AH taking over and removing the possibility for GW to pursue their island plans. Because of said reasons GW have dropped 2 shops which are mostly dedicated to flag members use only. If AH & affiliates owned shops happen to shut down in the estimated time of 10 days, unbiased shoppe giveaways will follow shortly after.

Obviously, this process can speed up if AH and/or affiliates decide to hand over their shops (that are currently being shut down) to us so we can already start hosting shoppe giveaway events!

hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Nov 14, 2018 4:47:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jobtart

Paulisma wrote:
November 5) Ela's SY shop gets shut down.

just to clarify was a IM and i paid for that.
nothing else to add.
Ela/Elanav

Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jobtart at Nov 15, 2018 9:15:34 AM]
[Nov 15, 2018 9:12:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I'd like to request that any further investigation results be posted as cliff notes.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Nov 15, 2018 12:48:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Nov 18, 2018 1:37:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Aye, we promised 0% taxes for the first couple weeks at the beginning of our Melanaster campaign and Amateur Hour graciously helped us keep that promise for the 1 week they held the island too. After 4 weeks at 0%, we have reverted it back to the 15% that is the across the ocean.Surely you weren't expecting a large Island to stay at 0% taxes permanently, Filthyjake.
[Nov 18, 2018 4:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Aye, we promised 0% taxes for the first couple weeks at the beginning of our Melanaster campaign and Amateur Hour graciously helped us keep that promise for the 1 week they held the island too. After 4 weeks at 0%, we have reverted it back to the 15% that is the across the ocean.Surely you weren't expecting a large Island to stay at 0% taxes permanently, Filthyjake.

Leave the old man be!

He must complain about everything on the game 24/7 :)
Emerald
Cerulean
[Nov 18, 2018 7:22:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Leave the old man be!

He must complain about everything on the game 24/7 :)

I didn't make a statement just shared a fact a change in the tax rate. I don't think 15% is unfair at all.

I did the same in the past for a different island.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Nov 18, 2018 8:08:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates