• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1144 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Stan5

Clickbait >> Reasons I got banned.<< Do not click Reply to this Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the click-bait title, and sorry to disappoint but I'm not banned, not yet at least. I do need your help with something though.
I am unable to no longer enjoy the Wild Seas Pillaging as the bugs that came with the July swabbie updates have made it impossible to run a good pillage without having a full ship and practically begging/bribing people to stay aboard. This is not a plea to get greedy bashing patched or nefed but a plea to help get the following bugs addressed:

1. Regardless of what % you set the swabbie configuration slider to, the spawns you generate still see your ship as full or swabbies and we get very outnumbered in the frays. This is especially on the Wild Seas Arch pillages, I'm not sure what's going on elsewhere. This has led to frays like 10 v 24, 12 v 25.

2. Even with the frays being very loop-sided, the pay has significantly dropped after the update. With any luck, if you can maintain a full ship, you'll be lucky to generate about 1.5k - 2.3k initial cut payout per jobber on the Wild Seas. If your ship isn't full, with or without swabbies, even if only one spot is open, you'll be restricted to 500 PoE - 1.3k per battle.

3. Brigand King expos you get from battles are have gotten worse significantly. The frays have gone from 15 v 25 or 18 v 27 to things like 12 v 32, 18 v 40 which even at a perfect bnav score of Max-0, is highly unwinnable.

4. The way payouts are calculated after each battle is highly calculated. Things that raise your pay or at least keep your pay steady: Having a full ship, winning frays. Things that significantly lower your pay: Losing a fray, a jobber hopping off the ship even if temporarily, having a green named player aboard, re-charting, doing expos, going to use the bathroom. Ok maybe not the last one but point is, way too many things lower your pay in a pillage and there is no reason why the entire ship needs to be penalized simply because a jobber has to go.

I have done the following actions to try to get a fix or even some kind of acknowledgement that the issues exist and they are or are not able to fix it: Submitted many detailed bug reports, posted information about the problems on the forum in games design as advied by the OMs, sent petitions and received generic copy/paste answers telling me to bug report/post on the forums some more, sent direct mails to the developers showing details about the bugs, and asked for help over global chat.

I don?t want to have to quit a game I?ve enjoyed for the last 13 years, no do I wish to quit pillaging as I believe it is the backbone of the game and a lot of people enjoy the action but when it has gotten to the point of misery, I have to step aside too. If the intention of the swabbie update was to turn pillaging into ?Having 3 people lazing on grand frigates taking battles and farming lots of greedy trinkets?, then the update was indeed successful, but to me this is not what Pillages are. The update was great and has allowed a lot of people the chance to take ships out to sea without being at the mercy of the notice board. I am not advocating for a reversal of the update, just some kind of fix to the bugs.

The following links on the forums have more details, if you wish to help get it fixed or want more details:

Game Design > Thread: Have spawns and the booty ramp been impacted by the swabbie change?

Game Design > Thread: Swabbie update impact on the Wild Seas

My name is Stan, and my love for Pillaging is fading
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Stan5 at Nov 6, 2018 8:04:13 AM]
[Nov 6, 2018 6:04:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Please at least try to fix the big issues Reply to this Post

Have you tried smaller ships? Its much easier to find 4-5 people to commit to a port to port pillage.

As far as your bribes well you don't need them your pillages are above par and I don't think many come for the bribes. Yes they are nice the added competition of your box pillages are fun even though I miss more then they hit its just a twist of fun.

The pay bribes I can only speak for my self... People seem to think this game is all about the poe but for me its about a good time, relaxing and if I have the poe to play the game I am good, sadly the hyper inflated dub prices and the nurfing of many paying parts of the game has hurt the game as well.

Only a few more bad decisions for the game and well we won't have to leave we just won't have anywhere to go.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Nov 6, 2018 6:25:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Re: Please at least try to fix the big issues Reply to this Post

From the other navvers that use smaller ships, they are plagued with longships when they have 5/6 people aboard. If you've never battled a longship with a sloop, it's a bit of a nightmare for even the better navvers. I've been able to convince full ships to commit to port to port on baghlahs and fanchuans but the problem is the pay sucks, and it significantly limits the amount of battles I'd be able to do in one go.

Regarding the 'bribes", tbh they are ridiculously fun for me, I put stuff in those boxes that I want to win myself (and sometimes, I get to win too). I think it sucks that the only things we can get on a pillage are a chair, a table, a pelican and a lobster in terms of items. After you get one of each, it loses its meaning significantly, At least on SMHs, there's some sort of variety to reduce redundancy. I have however run extremely low on things to giveaway other than PoE and the rest of my familiars and I don't wish to run boring pillages so taking a bit of a break. If more people can help voice their opinions maybe we can get a fix sooner or later cos I know from the tells I get about it that I'm not the only one with these issues. Unfortunately the word of a recently unbanned player carries no weight with the OMs/Devs so I need you guys' help.
[Nov 6, 2018 6:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ryanford350

Re: Reasons I got banned. Reply to this Post

intentionally posing as a banned player...

W-E-A-K
PoE

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Nov 6, 2018 7:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Really Stan,

I go to your crew page to see the time of the pillage tonight to find you huge message, in place Not sure what you think we can do to fix it but what ever. Maybe they will take your ability to play again as your post indicated and then you will like the game again. Remember how happy you were to be back? Who cares about poe... You got more fam's then most so your clearly broke.

I think maybe you like the poe more then the pillage, if you don't want the massive numbers coming at you set the difficulty low unless your ego can't deal with it. your pillages were fun and yes we some times lost because its incredibly hard but the challenge was great which is what makes it fun.

You should be happy you can fill a ship most people can't even get a gunner. Much less the level of players your pillages attract.

The game lost you pillages once before and it sucked, but we will press on, just like before.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Nov 6, 2018 3:30:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Don't make me out to be the bad guy here, I'm here to have fun on the game just like everyone else. You find puzzling and pillaging in general fun, I find challenges fun. I will forever remain grateful that I was allowed to return to the game, and if the pillages I ran weren't evidence of that, I'm not sure what is. I'm not quitting the game or even quitting pillaging, but take it like a real life job: If you have a job and all of a sudden your pay is significantly lowered for no reason, and your work load is increased, and everytime you complain, you get blown off or completely ignored, how likely are you to continue working as hard as you did?

My morale has significantly lowered in the last week or two and only very few people seem to care. When folks start making an attempt to at least join in trying to help get this fixed, I can promise you I'll run the best f'ing pillages you'll ever go on. Until then, I'll be focusing on parts of the game that I don't get to enjoy due to always bnaving like jobbing for other people. Who knows, maybe I'll even learn how to distill.
[Nov 6, 2018 4:49:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Don't make me out to be the bad guy here.

Not making you a bad guy. You either like pillaging or not. I don't enjoy running them for lots of reasons. I love going on them. Your arguments are not wrong however I have spent the entire day on pillages (as I was off work). Green ships provided even numbers M-0 very easy wins. I went solo faunch set to hard same route. Was out numbered all battles set average I out numbered them. Just saying if you slide the other slider you may find the balance. Deep red ships will be very difficult and again are fun but you will lose hard fights. Your many arguments point out to the pay cut, while I agree its annoying they nerfed all pay outs most people here buy dubs with CC's now as new people can't even play for free due to the stupidly high dub prices and the lack of ability to be jobbed.

You are not a bad guy, I am annoyed your answer is to quit doing what you do as your pillages an asset to the game as a whole and something I looked forward as do many. the last two I planed on attending left me disappointed by a early start and a cancellation. You don't owe the ocean pillages but don't think your pillages don't bring your flag support, and the ocean life. Again you set out looking for the hardest battles you will find them. Enjoy distilling I have found it as frustrating as the social side of this game.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Nov 6, 2018 5:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Lets not worry ourselves with what I need to do as an individual pirate to get around this bug. We agree that there's an issue, lets focus on bringing attention to it so it can be fixed.
[Nov 6, 2018 5:28:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Re: Please at least try to fix the big issues Reply to this Post

Stan wrote:

so I need you guys' help.

I can't speak to pillaging mechanics like some can, and I can't write this post without being honest that I have profited off of the new update via GF greedy runs, however I can speak to the fact that as a pirate, new to Obsidian, coming back to the came in mid-December, that Stan's pillages are the reason I stuck around. It was nice to go on a voyage, beginning the savings for my badges & stalls, and expecting a payout of 2.5-3k+ per battle.

Stan, and other pillagers of his ilk, provide the backbone of the game for players who enjoy puzzling for their money. I went on one of his pillages last night, and the battles were something like 10 humans on our ship, vs. 27 Wild Seas bots. If you're a really good battle navigator, these battles are winnable, but even then it is a close fight every time. It gives no opportunity for anyone to branch out and try it, as they know it will be a stock sink/waste of time.

Stan has been making it up to jobbers by paying the difference in lack of pay to the people puzzling for him, which he shouldn't have to do, but I think the real problem here isn't necessarily the nerf in pay, but the fact that so many of these battles are simply unwinnable with this new update. We've all faced the fact that the population is declining, but the game is still fun, but little bugs like this which make a big aspect of the game almost unplayable is a big turn off for people. It's hard to fill a baghlah, for example, to 18 at 8pm GT. Why should the 10 jobbers be penalized with a subpar pillage, when it is an easily fixed solution (revert it back to the way it was).

It might be wishful thinking, or it might just be that we haven't adapted yet, but I do think it wrong that this has been a talked about problem being neglected & not addressed for several months now.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pasteyman at Nov 6, 2018 6:35:08 PM]
[Nov 6, 2018 6:34:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Lets not worry ourselves with what I need to do as an individual pirate to get around this bug. We agree that there's an issue, lets focus on bringing attention to it so it can be fixed.

What if what your calling a bug isn't a bug. This is my point. There may not be anything broken.

If an Elite Ship pulling Excellent and Incredible is out seeking a hard battle set by the slider I am referring too. So you have A full ship of these elite pirates, hunting hard battles, or very hard in the case of BK's.

How is the game to make the battle and fray hard or very hard when the players are topping the scale on such an elite ship with out adding more pirates.

I am all for experimenting and playing with it I am simply pointing out if you have a Full ship of Elite Pirates and you get a battle of double the average (fine/good)(Proficient/Distinguished) pirates in pvp the elites(Exl/Incred) will likely win.

Perhaps PVE has been adjusted to this curve much like other puzzles on Obsidian. I haven't pillaged on Emerald ect... but no on from the classic oceans seems to be having issues. If it is a curve based issue on an elite ocean it may not be broken just as Distilling is not broken just sucks the way it is.

Yes I am aware it was possible to go destroy red ships over and over before, maybe that was the broken part and now that more pirates are established the curve has been corrected sharply to challenge the most elite station/frayers.

I guess my plee to you is lets gather data if you want to find out if not I understand but I also understand why they are ignoring the issue if its a curve issue not a bug.

I find it odd that Green might rings have even numbers while Red might ring are out numbered most times. Seems like they may just be working fine.

Your crew statement asked for help here I am just offing a different view Every Curve on Obsidian is Sharp as its a ocean of elite pirates.

Take it for what it is worth but it is a possibility.

Several factors go into the color of a ship's might ring relative to another ship. One important factor that goes into the strength of a might ring is the number of pirates on board. A ship with many more pirates on board is likely to have a higher might ring than a ship with only a few pirates. Another factor that determines the strength of the might ring is the skill of the pirates on board.

The size of ship does not factor into the might ring calculations. Thus, one pirate on a sloop might view one pirate on a war brig as having a similar might ring.

Ships with easier might rings may bring easier fights, but they will often bring in less booty, and attacking stronger might rings can often lead to losses

Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Nov 6, 2018 6:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Jake, mate. Simply going off my screenshots on the original post alone, do you see anything that looks abnormal?

If you can't, take this screenshot of one of my pillages from late 2017

Pay attention to the kind of boats spawned with a Baghlah that has 9-ish Pirates on board, how many bots the ships have, and the kinds of ships we spawned. This spawn ships & size has been the trend since Baghlahs were introduced to the game in 2007 until July 2018 when the updates where done to add more swabbies to the vessel. Taking into account my screenshots, would you say anything is different?

I don't battle any ships with "red rings", all these battle screenshots i'm posting are all yellow to orange, even with them being this outnumbered. I never engage any ship by myself, all the ships were spawned by the game based on the people I have aboard my vessel, and the ships engaged me. If your argument is that we are battling red ships that completely outnumber us, like the bolded part of yppedia quote, then there is something broken with the might ring calculators if red ships are being generated and engaging player ships.

Is your solution that we ignore this "non-bugs", ignore any issues wild seas may have, move all our ships away from the arch and pretend like everything is normal, and battle green ships at Port Venture instead?

You're in no way helping this situation at all Jake, you're running circles around what people agree is an issue, making it personal attack on me, derailing the thread with things that are not even remotely close to issue and I can bet everything I own that you have never once loaded any ship, with Pirates on the Wild Seas Arch and gone out to pillage there, and yet you have strong opinions about what needs to be done about it. Quit distracting from the issue, if you don't see any problem with it, move on to something else and ignore this thread please. If we get a confirmation from an Oceanmaster/Developer that nothing is broken and everything is working perfectly as intended, everything here will be dropped and no one will ever hear me complain about this ever again.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stan5 at Nov 6, 2018 7:52:36 PM]
[Nov 6, 2018 7:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

I have been a bystander on this way too long and should have spoken up a long time ago. I LOVE to pilly and this “bug” design flaw whatever you want to call it is no good. I loved the swabbies update because for a while it did what it was supposed to, revive the pillies. But now it’s hurting the game. Stan is 100% right the might of the ship and payouts are hurt badly post update. People left for bashing as it makes more money myself included but it doesn’t build community and excludes the average and below average player. Worse yet it hurts the new player as they will bottom line make less and see few to no pillies on the board. I still for the record try to run pillies and have a lot of fun when they fill. Add onto this issue however the fact that the ocean is dying down even in the European time zone where the most players are online on this ocean and you have the following- few pillies cause they don’t make poe, few to no large ship floats or SMH runs cause they don’t fill and all that leaves you are KH, forage and CI which save forage are elitist anyway! Bottom line you hurt the game. I have never been suspended or banned and am #2 bnav right below Stan so if my chiming in and pointing this out helps the OMs wake up a bit then I’m happy. (Even though I want Stan to pause so I can finally have #1 nav lol) Jokes aside please at least let us know that you care and are going to try to work on it or are working on it. Thanks!!
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Nov 6, 2018 9:06:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Just because a lot of people agree doesn't make something correct.

Again the difficultly curve is sharp on obsidian. You can continue to ignore it but its a fact. The curve has been catching up since 2017 as people don't start with high stats they come and casual players take longer to get to it. Again this is a fact that is why many rush to get Ult trophies in the beginning I my self have some that I couldn't get ult in now if I wanted, so the curve of the puzzle is increased.

I don't battle any ships with "red rings", all these battle screenshots i'm posting are all yellow to orange, even with them being this outnumbered. I never engage any ship by myself, all the ships were spawned by the game based on the people I have aboard my vessel, and the ships engaged me. If your argument is that we are battling red ships that completely outnumber us, like the bolded part of yppedia quote, then there is something broken with the might ring calculators if red ships are being generated and engaging player ships

If the players on the ship are Above average as they are how can the battle be hard with out more pirates? If your all ready top level you can't fight a top level bot that would be an even fight, however you can battle 2 or 1.5 per 1 to increase difficultly.

Is your solution that we ignore this "non-bugs", ignore any issues wild seas may have, move all our ships away from the arch and pretend like everything is normal, and battle green ships at Port Venture instead?

Not at all but if you would try to lower the difficultly slider you will find that the battles do as they should they become easier in number and skill and pillaging can become enjoyable again.

u're in no way helping this situation at all Jake, you're running circles around what people agree is an issue, making it personal attack on me,

How are you helping by tossing up your arms and please what personal attack. The fact that you want me to go away because you don't agree with me isn't likely.

derailing the thread with things that are not even remotely close to issue

such as? speaking of personal attacks

Quit distracting from the issue, if you don't see any problem with it, move on to something else and ignore this thread please. If we get a confirmation from an Oceanmaster/Developer that nothing is broken and everything is working perfectly as intended, everything here will be dropped and no one will ever hear me complain about this ever again.

Like it or not you asked for the help on your crew page to prove your argument. My information collection has lead me to believe that your information assumption is false and this is a curve issue not a bug from the game its a issue with to many top end players and a harsh curve. Oddly like many of the puzzles on this ocean and the problem being unique to Obsidian.

Data to back my hypothesis: I would be glad to test it with a few people on larger ships but soloing larger ships isn't fun and doesn't end well.

Voyage 50% Swabies Easiest Difficultly

I had 2 bots and myself, only spawned sloops of which the last was full the rest were not.

4 Battles All Green 3 wins 1-L
B1 Sloop 3 vs 6 Lost killed 5 Dnav Fine
B2 Sloop 3 vs 6 Won No Dnav
B3 Sloop 6 vs 6 Won Dnav Good
B4 Sloop 6 vs 7 Won Dnav Fine

Same Route: Voyage 50% Swabies Hardest Difficultly
D1 Orange Dhow 3v8 killed 2
D2 Orange Faunch 3 v 8
Destroyed switched to evading
D3 Green Sloop 3v6 Win
D4 Green Sloop Disengaged

Documentation:
B1
Loss and forgot pics
B2
No Fray pics fail..

B3

B4

Div

Hard Difficultly
D1

loss
D2

EVADING
D3

D4 dissed
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Nov 6, 2018 9:59:58 PM]
[Nov 6, 2018 9:54:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

mate...what the f***
[Nov 6, 2018 10:32:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Are you actually defending 3v6 on the easiest route in the game, while set to easy/easy?

This is NOT only on obsidian. Here's me on emerald, same settings as you had.

My first battle I was attacked by this FANCHUAN.

Threw me straight into a 3v7.

Tell me how this is in any way fair at all.

Look at your own stats.

4 Battles All Green 3 wins 1-L
B1 Sloop 3 vs 6 Lost killed 5 Dnav Fine
B2 Sloop 3 vs 6 Won No Dnav
B3 Sloop 6 vs 6 Won Dnav Good
B4 Sloop 6 vs 7 Won Dnav Fine

There is (nearly?) NO DIFFERENCE for the amount of enemies you see between you having one and two swabbies, and getting your boat up to six total.

Then you swap your slider to difficult, spawn a 3v8, get completely destroyed, still on the easiest route in the game. Swap to evading (which is like minimum settings / avoid spawns mode, deleting any booty ramp), and still for some reason continue your testing, still getting into 3v6 fights.

@GH/Forculus please fix pillaging.

--

somewhat unrelated:

The size of ship does not factor into the might ring calculations. Thus, one pirate on a sloop might view one pirate on a war brig as having a similar might ring.

This page is outdated. As of march 2009, the firepower of ships is considered in their might rating.
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Nov 7, 2018 2:56:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

The configuration slider for swabbies seems to only control the amount of swabbies. Regardless of the route and your difficulty settings, your spawns will still behave as if you have a full ship aboard. If you take Filthyjake's screenshots without reading any of the things he wrote, it supports this claim too. In my experience (Doing nothing but BNav for years straight), the spawn for a ship is rarely ever more than x2 the amount of pirates (+swabbies) aboard. A sloop with 3 aboard usually had 5-6 at the most, and that certainly has better odds of winning than having 7-8.

@Filthyjake mate, I appreciate the tutorial on how the configuration sliders on the voyage settings work. I'd be honest, it really made me laugh. It's not about finding settings on a configuration that makes the game easy enough for a "Paragon/Ultimate/#1" Battle Navigator to enjoy the game again. It's about pointing out that regardless of what you set the ship to, if you don't have the maximum amount of swabbies aboard the ship, you're going to be very outnumbered everytime. That's the problem, even at Easy/Average setting like your screenshots showed.

Unfortunately, on the Wild Seas, at the highest difficulty, it does not make sense to even have one swabbie aboard. You get significantly penalized in the payout when you win with swabbies aboard and will be restricted to the kind of Pay that you experience around Port Venture. My only option has been to sail around with vessels full of Pirates, which can be very challenging at hours of the days where the population is very low..
[Nov 7, 2018 5:19:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

ok its broken Reply to this Post

Are you actually defending 3v6 on the easiest route in the game, while set to easy/easy?

Well the fact that they were all very winnable as the bots are so bad. I am not a good SF but can easily take the Ultimate bots...

Did the same on Emerald I got orange Dhow, i wont' pic spam that test but it shows the same issue there as you said Pat.

On to the issue of the game seeing ships full that are not. I have chosen to look at the might ring as it should show the streanth of the ship and the fight you will find should you engage. It is the only measure I know of that accesses the ships battle.

Looked into the clam that the states
One important factor that goes into the strength of a might ring is the number of pirates on board

A full ship vs a ship with one of the same size both produced the same green ring. This backs up the claim that the game sees the ships as full even when there is only one jobber. Used the largest equal ship I had at the same island.

Looked into the claim
Another factor that determines the strength of the might ring is the skill of the pirates on board. Carousing puzzles do not factor into this, nor do crafting puzzles. Thus, the only statistics that factor into the might ring calculations are those of duty puzzles such as sailing or carpentry. It is not known exactly how each pirate's statistics factor into the might ring, but a higher puzzle standing will lead to a stronger might ring.

Also False, a stat less pirate (waste of 8 dubs). to My main same ring.
Hired both ships ring did not change.

Filled the ship of equal size on both ships with bots again no change. The game is recognizing a single pirate(laborjake) with no stats equal to the ability of 1 good pirate(filthyjake) and a ship full of bots.

Clearly these are not equal and should launch the El Pollo Diabloas 30 vs 1 should.

It is less noticeable on the smaller ships as getting spawns of 2-1 isn't that bad as most players are better then the NPC's.

Took out a a WB this with stat less pirate. Spawn was still 2-1 set at 50% that gave me a MG with 22 which easily beat my WB with 11 despite the MG having 70% damage and the WB 10%.

I don't see a fast or easy fix just like the owls there are some who love the swabies and the exploit that allows 3 players to go out and destroy large ships for the poe.... It has destroyed legit large ship pillages the same as the set up sinks sunk legit pvp's. (Not dragging the dead birds in other then to show that the ignored problem/bug/exploit has led to more upset pirates, no matter what they do),

Love the swabie up date for stock moves...hate what it has done to the legit larger ship pillages which it was intend to help. No win If I had to vote I would as that the swabie update be reversed until it can be implemented properly and successfully, perhaps test it out on Ice or that other ocean that starts with E.

I don't think it is as large of issue with smaller ships.

The pay ramp is also very jacked up and never disagreed with that.

People coming and going shouldn't destroy the effect of the ships spawns either. a ship that is out for 10 battles takes the same risks staying out even if there are people hoping on and off.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Nov 7, 2018 6:36:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Re: ok its broken Reply to this Post

I don't see a fast or easy fix just like the owls there are some who love the swabies and the exploit that allows 3 players to go out and destroy large ships for the poe....

It shouldn't be a binary choice of, "do we keep the new swabbies change or do we make genuine pillages a thing again?". The issue highlighted over the last few months is an unintended consequence of that swabbie update.

Minimal testing would have surely highlighted this problem before the update's release, had any actually been carried out. Pillaging is perhaps the most integral part of this game and it's shocking that the issue has been ignored for this long.
[Nov 7, 2018 8:53:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Just some thoughts.

Stan wrote: 
Unfortunately, on the Wild Seas, at the highest difficulty, it does not make sense to even have one swabbie aboard. You get significantly penalized in the payout when you win with swabbies aboard and will be restricted to the kind of Pay that you experience around Port Venture. My only option has been to sail around with vessels full of Pirates, which can be very challenging at hours of the days where the population is very low..

I haven't joined a pilly in forever so I plead ignorance there. But from your sharings, it sounds like the swabbies update have forced pillagers towards the extremes. Either:
  • Use a sloop (which is more reasonable to fully load and have 0 hoppers until port) or
  • Adopt the greedybash format.
Is that bad? Kinda. Baghlah/WB pillies look borderline impossible to run at Wild Seas from your screenshots, but maybe this is just the way things have to be. The reality is that the active playerbase simply isn't large, not to mention the online population during "bad hours of the day". Seeing as GH doesn't seem to be doing much to grow the playerbase, it's natural that Baghlah pillies can't stick around forever, much less remain effective at Wild Seas. Maybe it's time to move to sloops for authentic pillies?

Stan wrote: 
1. Regardless of what % you set the swabbie configuration slider to, the spawns you generate still see your ship as full or swabbies and we get very outnumbered in the frays
The swabbies update gave players more swabbies, seems only fair that enemy spawns get more swabbies too. Whether or not you maximise the swabbies given to you is a trade-off you decide for yourself between Difficulty and Payout. This bit sounds somewhat fair to me.

Stan wrote: 
3. Brigand King expos you get from battles are have gotten worse significantly. The frays have gone from 15 v 25 or 18 v 27 to things like 12 v 32, 18 v 40 which even at a perfect bnav score of Max-0, is highly unwinnable.

This experience comes to mind. Thereafter there was a release patch to address this, but yeah they probably overcompensated for whatever was broken. Should be something easy to tweak once more, they just need to get around to doing it.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Nov 7, 2018 11:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

I haven't joined a pilly in forever so I plead ignorance there. But from your sharings, it sounds like the swabbies update have forced pillagers towards the extremes. Either:
Use a sloop (which is more reasonable to fully load and have 0 hoppers until port) or
Adopt the greedybash format.
Is that bad? Kinda. Baghlah/WB pillies look borderline impossible to run at Wild Seas from your screenshots, but maybe this is just the way things have to be. The reality is that the active playerbase simply isn't large, not to mention the online population during "bad hours of the day". Seeing as GH doesn't seem to be doing much to grow the playerbase, it's natural that Baghlah pillies can't stick around forever, much less remain effective at Wild Seas. Maybe it's time to move to sloops for authentic pillies?

Nothing has really changed much in terms of the population to require a switch to a smaller ship. The guys that run 7-man sloops on the wild seas (Talked to Solitude and Gembert) have recently been plagued with Longship, MB and Baghlah battles, which, while doable, are can be unnecessarily challenging. Prior to the update, even on days where I could only get 9 people on a baghlah, we still had decent spawns (15-18 bots on WBs, Baghlahs, Junks and MBs), and we did not get penalized in terms of pay because we did not use swabbies. I posted a screenshot logs earlier in the thread and you can see what the pay was like.

Wild Seas Pillaging is still feasible, we don't need a roll-back on the update, we just need testing to be done on these updates (Ice) before it is implemented on the oceans. I'll be happy to spend all my free time helping to test any pillage related update on Ice. I believe the problem is simply with the Swabbie slider on the voyage configuration screen. The slider already helps select how many bots you want aboard the ship, spawns should be able to take that setting into account, so those of us running ships at 0% swabbies aren't getting penalized.
[Nov 7, 2018 12:16:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Remember guys, its not enough to just post about this on the forums, we have to also follow the protocols as directed by the OMs for reporting issues.
- Send in Bug Reports via the Game. If you're having issues with that, let someone know
- Send an email to bugs@puzzlepirates.com detailing what you're experiencing with screenshots if you have them.
- If you're in a jam that needs immediate assistance, file a petition in-game.

- If you witness anything whether it's something already covered in this thread or something new, that has to do with Pillaging and is not a request for new features, please also post it here.

With any luck we will/may have gotten the attention of the OMs/Game developers and can hopefully get something fixed. It's pretty sad to see an empty Notice board with 150+ people online You guys have spent a lot of time/money on this game and shouldn't sit by and watch it go further downhill due to bugs that can be fixed if attention is brought to it.

@Forculus, We aren't requestiing any new features or even a reversal of the updates. Prior to the updates, we could pillage with bare minimum people on the ships (without swabbies) and not get outnumbered and penalized in pay. Please make it possible that this can be the case again or tell us this is permanent so we can find ways to cope with it.
[Nov 8, 2018 8:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

I have realized if I sit out of Pillaging, by the time we get some kind of official statement made regarding whether or not this is in fact a bug or a permanent feature, my grandkids will be old enough to fully staff a sloop for me to nav. Thank you everyone that cared about this issue enough to voice an opinion and try to get it addressed. My pillage schedule is back on my crew page, and the Familiar Mystery Box voyages are on. We will keep posting screenshots and submitting bug reports of whatever we think may be a bug as per the copy/paste petition responses received on this issue.

Back to the grind.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stan5 at Nov 9, 2018 5:27:27 AM]
[Nov 9, 2018 5:26:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I have realized if I sit out of Pillaging, by the time we get some kind of official statement made regarding whether or not this is in fact a bug or a permanent feature, my grandkids will be old enough to fully staff a sloop for me to nav. Thank you everyone that cared about this issue enough to voice an opinion and try to get it addressed. My pillage schedule is back on my crew page, and the Familiar Mystery Box voyages are on. We will keep posting screenshots and submitting bug reports of whatever we think may be a bug as per the copy/paste petition responses received on this issue.

Back to the grind.

sigh I held it back to long

But all in all I am glad your back at it, was ready to move on.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Nov 9, 2018 5:58:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

Are we still pretending this game is in an open-beta thing? Theres dedicated developers waiting for the feedback on changes? Bugs will be getting fixed and what not....

<s>IMO, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the mechanics...you guys just need to get good. </s> If thats not possible, theres definately that great game called RDR2 which has even got Satan playing !
Cruzo of Obsidian
(Dead and gone)
[Nov 16, 2018 1:36:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates