• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1054 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

December (not) Daily Doodles, 2018 edition! Starting Thur 6 Dec! Reply to this Post

December (not) Daily Doodles! December (not) Daily Doodles!

December is HERE! You know what that means, right? Right?? This year our holidays have been cancelled but that is ok because it means we get to run the December Doodles IN DECEMBER! What fun! It is time to start preparing and you know the drill; prepare your pens, paper and random possibly useful stuff from around the house and be ready to DOODLE with the first event starting on December 6th . Remember, we may require the use of holiday notions such as wrapping paper, cards, ribbons or any to complete some of the tasks so remember to not recycle holiday detritus too early!

Doodles will happen twice a week starting from Thursday 6 December* - a creative contest will be posted, once on Tuesday and once on Thursday. Most, if not all, of these contests will be forum-based and will require entries before the next event is posted. The contests will be posted around 11 AM at the beginning of each contest day, and will close 3-4 days later (Tuesday contests will close at 11 AM on Thursday, and Thursday contest will close at 11 AM on Tuesday). There will be a variety of prizes during the event and they won't be pre-announced.

There will be multiple forum threads for this event. This sticky thread will contain a running summary of events, winners and prizes. Each doodle will then have its own entry thread.

The general rules for the forum contests are as follows (stolen from previous years, but it will broadly apply to this year too)
  • Only one entry per player in each contest, but you may enter as many different contests as you wish during the month.
  • In earlier years, we tended to have Dedicated Doodler prizes for those who completed all Doodles during the month. As this is a lesser achievement with only two doodles a week, we will have to see how entries go this year to decide whether or not to do this. We'll do something for Dedicated Doodlers, but it may be something a little different e.g. a prize draw between Dedicated Doodlers rather than a prize for each? We'll see how many of you there are!
  • You must include your pirate name and ocean at the top of each entry post. Make sure you use the pirate and ocean for which you would want to receive a prize.
  • We will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. As the contests are short, don't get too hung up on the minutiae of rules. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.
  • If we say "draw", we generally mean the creation of a 2D picture, whether that's done by hand or by computer. Where more physical media are allowed, we will remember to say so.
  • If we say "original" or "must be your own work", we mean that you must create something from scratch, without the use of game art or other resources.
  • Plagiarism: this is the use of someone else's work, claiming it as your own, and applies to all contest types. Don't do it!
  • The entry threads are going to be busy enough without chat. Keep the entry thread just for entries please!
  • The general rules on avoiding tasteless or offensive material apply at all times on this forum but we are mentioning them again here just in case.
  • Judging will be completed as soon as possible after the contest has closed, and usually within a day of the contest closing. Winners and prizes will be posted in the second post of this thread once judging is complete, as well as a more detailed results post at the end of each Doodle's entry thread. At any one time, therefore, there is likely to be one contest open for entries and one contest being judged.
  • Clotho, Hera and Nemesis will be doing most of the judging, bringing in others as and when we need them. There will be a variety of events, though, and we are not going to get into discussions on the judging on any individual event.
  • We will try to deliver prizes as they are announced, but we may not always be as speedy as we would like! Please be patient with us!
  • Don't get hung up on the prizes and the winners. Lots of people participate, and only a few win prizes. Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your quick-fire skills with your fellow players or to try your hand and something different.

If you're interested in how the Doodles work, take a look at one of the previous year's editions, linked from this page. We are following the same format that has been in place since 2012.

*(with the exception of Tuesday 25th - that last Doodle will run on Thursday 27th and finish on 10:00am 29th!)

----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 7 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 2, 2018 9:28:10 PM]
  • [Nov 4, 2018 9:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Re: December (not) Daily Doodles, 2018 edition! Starting Thur 6 Dec! Reply to this Post

First Doodle: Feeling Harder-Pressed! Deadline 11 December Winners are announced here!
    Second Doodle: Recycled Reconstruction Deadline 13 December
    Third Doodle: Good Ship Whatevers-in-the-Cupboard Deadline 18 December
    Forth Doodle: Hera-self on the Shelf Deadline 20 December
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 7 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 17, 2018 9:34:36 PM]
    [Dec 2, 2018 4:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Re: December (not) Daily Doodles, 2018 edition! Starting Thur 6 Dec! Reply to this Post

HURRAH!
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 2, 2018 9:19:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Crazymg

Yay!
    ~Princessmg~
    [Dec 3, 2018 12:04:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Linakid

Yarr!!!
    [Dec 3, 2018 2:44:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Yay, it's the most wonderful time of the year (Doodle Time)!
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 3, 2018 5:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Awesome!!!
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Dec 3, 2018 8:00:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

For the Harder Pressed Doodle, may you use two separate items or does it really have to be just one?
    Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
    [Dec 6, 2018 4:15:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Just one! I'm a big ol' meanie :D
    [Dec 6, 2018 10:24:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Wobblysquab

Yay!

I'm pretty sure I've done the first one wrong already but it was fun nonetheless! My sheep are jealous now. ;)
    Squabbles on Emerald/Obsidian
    [Dec 6, 2018 1:36:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

It's very hard to do a doodle wrong!

You have an item and a drawing and that's definitely right, and cute. :)
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Dec 6, 2018 3:06:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

A little early! Recycled Reconstruction has been posted. Have fun :)
    [Dec 11, 2018 1:54:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Thank ye, Hera! There will always be a mug o' nog with your name on it. Maybe even your face. :D
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 12, 2018 9:07:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Maybe even your face. :D

0_0 (prizes now delivered!)

(Sun points will be all added up at the end of Dec Daily Doodles, so don't be concerned if you don't see your points increase immediately! We are making a note!)
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 12, 2018 9:52:29 PM]
    [Dec 12, 2018 9:48:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Thank you for the wonderful rewards Hera :)
    *waits anxiously for the next doodle*

[Dec 13, 2018 2:41:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemesis
    OceanMaster

HALP!
    Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
    Later...
    Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
    ----------------------------
    [Dec 13, 2018 7:52:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Halfbrain5

does cupboard also include refrigerator? I don't have anything specific in mind yet - just seeing what my options are.
    Born on Midnight and never want to leave

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.
    [Dec 13, 2018 9:33:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemesis
    OceanMaster

does cupboard also include refrigerator? I don't have anything specific in mind yet - just seeing what my options are.

Let's be honest, I don't know who keeps what in their cupboard, so go for it. I won't be showing up at your house to make sure you pulled it out of a cabinet. The main thing is that it should be made of edible things.
    Later...
    Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
    [Dec 13, 2018 10:08:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Personally I live like a true pirate- fridges are witchcraft. Veggies? Pantry. Milk? Pantry.

Just have to replace some things multiple times a week day.
    Cattrin of Cerulean

[Dec 13, 2018 10:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

... as long as i dont have to eat it after it has been created ...
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Dec 13, 2018 11:04:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SmiteyObsid

Oh Nemesis,

How we meet again,
    I have the perfect design in my mind time to show you the Destroyer of the Sea and get you back to the warzone
    [Dec 13, 2018 2:29:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

This is sitting in my kitchen to dry.

There's realtors bringing people by looking to rent my apartment.

Please don't stare at my noodle-draped sweet potato.
    Cattrin of Cerulean

[Dec 13, 2018 2:41:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Halfbrain5

another silly question. I want to use bread and toast - do I need to include the toaster in the supplies photo or does a loaf of bread cover toast too?
    Born on Midnight and never want to leave

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.
    [Dec 14, 2018 12:05:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemesis
    OceanMaster

another silly question. I want to use bread and toast - do I need to include the toaster in the supplies photo or does a loaf of bread cover toast too?

Thanks so much for bringing this requirement oversight to my attention!! Definitely include the toaster, the socket it's plugged into, a blueprint of your kitchen, and a receipt of purchase.

Everyone else can just take pictures of the basic supplies that'll actually be used in in the final structure. :P

<3
    Later...
    [Dec 14, 2018 12:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

The pantry contest is sooo right up my ally!
    I just don't have the time to really make something, travelled all weekend and now staying at some lovely people's house.. but I can't exactly go raiding their pantries... xD

[Dec 16, 2018 11:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

I spent several minutes giggling to myself about my carb cutter and how many carb-based jokes I could cram into the description, and then I got beaten to the punch by Herowena!

This can only mean our ships have to do sea battle to see whose carb creation is truly the most carbiest.
    Cattrin of Cerulean

[Dec 17, 2018 1:41:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

I spent several minutes giggling to myself about my carb cutter and how many carb-based jokes I could cram into the description, and then I got beaten to the punch by Herowena!

This can only mean our ships have to do sea battle to see whose carb creation is truly the most carbiest.

We can form the Floury Flag, and together we will conquer the ocean with our starchy strength!

Also, your woven noodles are cool.
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 17, 2018 5:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemesis
    OceanMaster

Shh...I snuck the next doodle in a bit early. Don't tell!
    Later...
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 17, 2018 9:37:26 PM]
    [Dec 17, 2018 9:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Don't tell!

=_=
    [Dec 18, 2018 12:10:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Wobblysquab

Funny how we have the right colour felt for me to make a Nemesis egg but no purples or anything for a Hera one...
    conspiracy, clearly
    Squabbles on Emerald/Obsidian
    [Dec 18, 2018 12:54:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates