• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 772 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

[Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle: Feeling Harder-Pressed! Deadline 10.00am 11 Dec winners announced! Reply to this Post

Yes, yes. I'm EARLY! In my opinion, you can never be too early or have too much chocolate. To protect my beauty sleep, I'm posting this now but the end time will remain the same!

After having such a fun time with Feeling Hard-Pressed I thought it was time to take this one step further!

Your doodle task is as follows! You need to create a creative sketch incorporating one real life item into your design. You shouldn't draw on the item, but your drawing should connect to the item and be an integral part of the design. You can see examples of what I'm after here and here.

The theme? Holiday Pirates! How do pirates cope with the stress of the holiday season? I want to see! Your design can be a simple sketch or a full on drawing; I'll be judging on the originality of the design rather than the artwork itself. So even if you are only incredible at stick figures, give it a go!

Please include the following in your post:
  • Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Link to a photo of the materials with ID card
  • Link to an in-progress picture with ID card
  • Link to the finished picture with ID card
  • Host your images on Imgur . You don't need to make an account--just upload them
  • Double check your entry to make sure you have three working links to each entry, and that it follows the template below.

Entry Template:
    Pirate Name:
    Ocean:
    Creation Link:
    Creation Link:
    Finished Link:

Other rules/information
  • Only one entry per player
  • Contest will finish at game time
  • Items used should be whole and easily identifiable. No cutting them down to a preferred shape!
  • You don't need to glue the item to your art work; it can just sit on it and you can photograph it laying flat!
  • All photos must have a card/paper in them with your pirate name written on it.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of 10.00am 11 Dec
  • Have fun creating!
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 7 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 12, 2018 8:21:07 PM]
  • [Nov 4, 2018 2:25:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Re: [Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle: Feeling Harder-Pressed! Deadline 10.00am 11 Dec Reply to this Post

Reserved! Remember, this thread is for entries ONLY. Comments should be in the main thread for December Doodles!

Winners are announced here!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 12, 2018 8:21:31 PM]
    [Dec 5, 2018 5:38:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Re: [Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle: Feeling Harder-Pressed! Deadline 10.00am 11 Dec Reply to this Post

Bisca of Obsidian

This is what us pirates do on a holiday (Dutch Pirates Meetup)

Link to Materials
    Link to In Progress 1
    Link to In Progress 2
    Link to Finished Product with Card
    Link to Finished Product without card Large
    Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Taskbeta at Dec 9, 2018 7:37:40 AM]
    [Dec 6, 2018 5:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Wobblysquab

Squabbles
    Emerald

I have no imagination so I had to go for the obvious... because who wouldn't wanna ride a reindeer robin? :) Brilliant stress reliever if you can find one...

Materials
    In Progress
    Finished!
    Squabbles on Emerald/Obsidian
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Wobblysquab at Dec 6, 2018 1:38:02 PM]
    [Dec 6, 2018 1:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Obisidian
    Item: Water bottle cap

[Materials]
    [Progress]
    [Large finished]

Decorating can be quite therapeutic... though we don't have a tree at sea... and the first mate doesn't seem to think the candles are a good idea.
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 6, 2018 3:05:09 PM]
    [Dec 6, 2018 3:02:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha on Obsidian
    Binge-watching Netflix

Materials
    Progress
    Progress
    Finished Link

Yup, time to catch up on romantic drama series ^_^
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Dec 8, 2018 1:09:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lilymoon

Faeree of Cerulean

Final Drawing Link
    Creation Link 1 and 2
    Material Link Its a fingerless glove if you can't make out what the material item is.

When the holiday stress comes-a-knocking .... I go-a-sleeping! (and usually my cat does too!):D
    Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
    Avvie by Ballantine!
    Apollo wrote: 
    (Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Dec 10, 2018 10:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean

How does my pirate cope with the stress of the holidays? A bubble bath with her rubber ducky of course!!

Materials
    Progress
    Final
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Dec 10, 2018 3:48:50 PM]
    [Dec 10, 2018 2:10:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

Nothing is more relaxing than a big mug o' nog.

Materials
    Progress
    Entry (larger)
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 10, 2018 3:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    missjudithan

Noot Noot!

After all, the holidays are best served with a cup of warm hot chocolate and a dose of positive vibes!

Pirate Name: Judithxoxo
    Ocean: Obsidian

Materials Link
    Creation Link 1
    Creation Link 2
    Creation Link 3
    Creation Link 4
    Finished Link
    Ye have traded: your soul.
    Ahoymatey - Viridian/Meridian
    Judithxoxo - Emerald and Obsidian
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by missjudithan at Dec 11, 2018 9:17:10 AM]
    [Dec 10, 2018 7:42:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cobaltgirl

"All I want for Christmas is food"

Delicious dinner and gingerbread cookies for dessert! Super excited for the relaxed festivities with family and friends.

Pirate Name: Margaroo
    Ocean: Obsidian
    Materials
    Progress
    Finished

Happy Holidays!!
    Margaroo of Sage/Emerald/Obsidian
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Cobaltgirl at Dec 10, 2018 9:12:11 PM]
    [Dec 10, 2018 9:11:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Phaerie
    Obsidian

De-stress the Tresses! I got my hair did!

Materials
    Progress Link
    Completed Entry

[Dec 11, 2018 8:27:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SmiteyObsid

Christmas Stress means one thing for a man like me,

As a true Brit I believe a good old Cup of tea will calm us down and help us sleep.

Pirate Name: Smitey
    Ocean:Obsidian
    Creation Link
    Creation Link
    Finished Link

Glug glug Good luck
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by SmiteyObsid at Dec 11, 2018 9:58:47 AM]
    [Dec 11, 2018 9:53:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Halfbrain5

rats, I really need to learn to read - 10am, not 10pm :(
    o, well, onward to recycling
    Born on Midnight and never want to leave

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Dec 11, 2018 12:02:31 PM]
    [Dec 11, 2018 12:01:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Thank you all for your fun entries! Without further ado...

Herowena of Cerulean wins with her mug o' nog and gets herself a standard renamed sloop "Eggy Schelle", a rather nice Winter Ornament AND a shiny sun point. (I may even sneak a Hera Egg into your inventory too!

Runners up, who get a Hera Egg, Winter Ornament trinket and a shiny sun point (OH YOU LUCKY THINGS, YOU!) are:

Bisca of Obsidian - you had me when you included real flames.
    Smitey of Obsidian - Who can say no to a nice cuppa tea!

Congratulations to all who entered! Prizes will be coming out to you soon(ish)!
    [Dec 12, 2018 8:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Thank you so much!!!
    *dances* shiny sun pointsss
    Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
    [Dec 13, 2018 2:06:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates