• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 884 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
boroboy1

Amateur Hour Shoppe Giveaway - War Frig Race Reply to this Post

As part our our promise in our blockade intent thread Amateur Hour is proud to present our first shoppe giveaway on Melanaster!

This Wednesday (7th November) at 2pm Game Time we are hosting a War Frigate race across the blockade board. The first flag to get their Frigate from one side to the other will win a shoppe of their choosing on Melanaster. The race will be ran from the Island side of the board to the ocean side.

If your flag wishes to take part and you do not have access to a War Frigate on Melanaster please contact any Royal of Amateur Hour and we will hook you up.

Prizes:

1st Place - Shoppe of your choosing on Melanaster
2nd Place - 1 War Frigate
3rd Place - 1 War Galleon

Rules:

Only 1 War Frigate per flag may participate in the event - any flag that fields more than 1 War Frigate on the blockade board will be disqualified.

You are only allowed 5 humans on board the vessel including your navigator.

Cannon's are ineffective, ram away - if you want to take that risk ;)
----------------------------------------
Seepnah
[Edit 2 times, last edit by boroboy1 at Nov 4, 2018 2:27:47 PM]
[Nov 4, 2018 1:49:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Re: Amateur Hour Shoppe Giveaway - War Frig Race Reply to this Post

Just a reminder that the event is today! AH will have a watching ship. If you would like to watch with us, just send me a /tell in-game.

To clarify, your signal to go is the ocean wide announcement of the event blockade starting so be sure to watch chat. We will give some countdowns in /global too. Please remember to press "Join Event" instead of deport.
Anchovia
[Nov 7, 2018 10:07:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

As recently stated by myself in Global - I will present the winner of the event with 100k PoE if they choose (and build, of course) an Apothecary.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Nov 7, 2018 1:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Almost required a photo finish for that one!

Congratulations Leetage on taking first place and winning a Shipyard on Melanaster.

A Tie for 2nd place brings a War Frigate a piece for Swordplay with Veto and Frontguy with The Wall

In 3rd (4th if you want to be picky ;)) place came Consider it Sunk claiming a War Galleon.

Thanks to all flags that took part in the event today and be on the look out for another event soon.

x
Seepnah
[Nov 7, 2018 2:28:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Congrats again to all the winners, we hope everyone had fun!

If anyone wants to watch the race, I've uploaded a recording here.
Anchovia
[Nov 7, 2018 2:47:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Had a blast. Can't wait to participate in the next event.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Nov 7, 2018 2:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

As recently stated by myself in Global - I will present the winner of the event with 100k PoE if they choose (and build, of course) an Apothecary.

Afternoon, out of curiousity what are the benefits of a shoppe apothecary over a standard stall? I haven’t delved into the apothecary world and don’t have a reason to however you seem to really want one so I am sure there is reasoning behind it. Feel free to tell me in game or catch me on Discord if it is easier!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Nov 8, 2018 11:34:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

No problem!

On the practical side: Greater labour throughput, increased storage capacity, mercantile presence (a name appears on the island map and has it's own identity beyond "X's tiny box in a bazaar"). All fairly benign in the grand scheme of things but still notable as tangible benefits.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been an apoth shop on the ocean to date - happy to be corrected on that if otherwise - that would make it an Ocean First.

The appearance of an apothecary shoppe is unique, it always seems a shame to have an unused aesthetic package that someone put time and effort into creating. It's one more interesting thing for a player to discover.

Lastly - but the reason I made the offer - because it would have been amusing. In an ocean blanketed with SY/IM/Dist and very little else (How long did it take to get a Tailor shoppe? Any Weaveries? Furnishers?) it would have made a fun change to the dust/repeat cycle the martial trifecta go through constantly, and brought a little more quirkiness back.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Nov 8, 2018 2:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates