• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1666 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
drc500free

[Suggestion]Treat indoor ship scenes as rooms for chatting. Reply to this Post

Err... why do all of my suggestions not really need body text?

Basically a room allows people to speak without a chat circle. The rooms on ships don't have that option, so you need a circle. Now some of the rooms (like the captains quarter's on a war frig) don't have room for a chat circle, so your only option is to speak on vessel chat.

Well, that's kind of silly, as the only real reason to have Captain's Quarters on a frig is to have somewhere to go talk in private - and it's the only place on the boat what you CAN'T talk in private without tells. Oh - and now that we've gone and written code to allow a deed holder to /expel people from their property, can we have that work for ship scenes as well? Don't even need the whole ship, just the quarters.

Anyway, I assume that the reason we don't have room chat set is so that people don't get confused and think people in another scene can hear them like in vessel chat. So only set it for rooms that have no stations.
----------------------------------------
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Jul 5, 2005 11:03:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Re: [Suggestion]Treat indoor ship scenes as rooms for chatting. Reply to this Post

I have no problems with this suggestion, but I have a question about the /eject part. When would you need someone out of a room but on the ship?
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Jul 5, 2005 11:44:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Re: [Suggestion]Treat indoor ship scenes as rooms for chatting. Reply to this Post

When you are having a private discussion between two pirates in the captain's bedroom, of course.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 5, 2005 1:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

/me blushes.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 

[Jul 5, 2005 10:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LethalLizord

funnybones wrote: 
I have no problems with this suggestion, but I have a question about the /eject part. When would you need someone out of a room but on the ship?

when dealing with lazers you want to do their duty...
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
[Jul 5, 2005 10:52:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

/o chat?

/tell jobber
Hypnos Score: 4.
[Jul 5, 2005 11:51:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Ian_Rhodes wrote: 
/o chat?

/tell jobber
Either too broad, or too exclusive. And neither emote. These little rooms are more or less there for some form of role playing, anyway.

Stealth Edit:
No TMBTC, I don't mean it like that.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
Squid wrote: 

[Jul 6, 2005 12:04:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

stand in a circle in the room and speak?
Hypnos Score: 4.
[Jul 6, 2005 1:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shivver

Ian_Rhodes wrote: 
stand in a circle in the room and speak?

drc500free wrote: 
Now some of the rooms (like the captains quarter's on a war frig) don't have room for a chat circle, so your only option is to speak on vessel chat.

'Nuff said.
[Jul 6, 2005 1:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

I'd buy that, for a dollar.

Notorious atteSmythe,
tired of ihetpa/os

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jul 6, 2005 1:46:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Triumvirete

And I think its more that the captains quarters are basically the same as a shop, and should have the same rules apply.
--Aelesaia
[Jul 6, 2005 1:48:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    aelesaia [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

When do we get our fully customizable chat rooms implemented?

edit: Or Instant Messenger.

It's like a rollcall of retirees!
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 6, 2005 2:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

We don't even need this to be the indoor scenes only--if the ship were divided into pieces (NOT physically, sheesh) that room chat couldn't cross...
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Jul 6, 2005 6:08:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates