• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 177 times and has 4 replies
Suiryu

A thought experiment

Okay, this thread is intended to be 100% serious. I'm curious what other people think on this matter. (just a heads up idk which forum section this belongs in)

You play Puzzle Pirates for quite a long time. You've met many friends and had a good time in this game, you've even bought dubs at some point and invested a lot of time to (presumably) become better at the puzzles. One day you log onto YPP and see you got banned. (The cause of ban doesn't matter imo for this). First thing you do is be confused, as you're innocent. You send an appeal and after a few emails they deny your appeal. Even more so, the Ocean Master tells you they will not be replying to any more emails regarding the unban of your account.

So here's the question, what is your best move in this situation?

- You got banned and the Ocean Masters will not reply.

- You are innocent.

Besides ban evading. What do you do if you want to play ypp again?

Serious question, if you got banned tomorrow and are innocent, is there anything you can do if the OM's decide to ghost you?

This may or may not be related to me(xD). But I'm curious what others would do in my spot.
[Oct 12, 2018 3:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: A thought experiment

Don't flood them with emails, repeal each month. Don't evade, don't give them a reason to ban you or reject your ban appeal.

With the number of banned players given a second (or more) chance(s) I find it hard to believe they are singling out an innocent person to keep out of the game for the fun of it.

I know if I had to make the call getting a hate filled email would not go far, rather an apologetic sincere what did I do wrong would get further then I am gonna trash the game and burn it down and get my lawyers ect...

Perhaps ask what was the reasoning for the ban rather then claiming ones innocents, it could be a misunderstanding or guilt by association. I would imagine allot of the the letters they get are anger and innocent full of demands.

Edit,
Oh your the video maker I missed that RIP you burned the bridges in my opinion. I would wait a month and come back humbly and ask for forgiveness and maybe you will get it. Spamming the forms weekly probably won't help.

----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Oct 12, 2018 4:57:34 PM]
[Oct 12, 2018 4:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Walk away from the game. Come back after a few months to a year. Tell them how much you've matured and how sorry you are and that you'd like to play again. Ban evading, spamming the forums, and/or spamming them with emails are the worst things you could do. Also, maintaining your innocence when they don't believe you doesn't help much either. Sometimes they're more lenient when you plead guilty.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Oct 12, 2018 8:12:31 PM]
[Oct 12, 2018 8:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Suiryu

Don't flood them with emails, repeal each month. Don't evade, don't give them a reason to ban you or reject your ban appeal.

With the number of banned players given a second (or more) chance(s) I find it hard to believe they are singling out an innocent person to keep out of the game for the fun of it.

I know if I had to make the call getting a hate filled email would not go far, rather an apologetic sincere what did I do wrong would get further then I am gonna trash the game and burn it down and get my lawyers ect...

Perhaps ask what was the reasoning for the ban rather then claiming ones innocents, it could be a misunderstanding or guilt by association. I would imagine allot of the the letters they get are anger and innocent full of demands.

Edit,
Oh your the video maker I missed that RIP you burned the bridges in my opinion. I would wait a month and come back humbly and ask for forgiveness and maybe you will get it. Spamming the forms weekly probably won't help.

I mean, I never sent hate emails, I was always very polite in my mails and tried to get to understand their reasoning but you need to understand that Ocean Masters will very rarely actually write anything. 99% of the time their replies are copy/pasted responses. I am sure not asking for forgiveness for something I didn't do. in their email they said

"We welcome appeals from players who give a full and honest account of their behavior."

I did exactly that, but I was punished instead.

Hey come on, this is the second thread I made xD because I'm lost on what to do. I don't consider this spamming... I don't think.
[Oct 12, 2018 10:49:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Suiryu

Walk away from the game. Come back after a few months to a year. Tell them how much you've matured and how sorry you are and that you'd like to play again. Ban evading, spamming the forums, and/or spamming them with emails are the worst things you could do. Also, maintaining your innocence when they don't believe you doesn't help much either. Sometimes they're more lenient when you plead guilty.

Yea let me walk away for a year. I doubt the servers/playerbase will still exist at that point.

Clearly, you don't think I'm innocent. Which is fine, but I know I am so pleading guilty or apologizing for something that didn't happen makes zero sense to me.

I've seen similar posts like these in the past, and the people on the forums always draw the worst conclusions, I'm not evading, or spamming the forums. This is my second thread(and most likely my last one) which was made 1 week after the previous one. I've since sent 3 emails(2 week period, not planning on sending anymore).

People who have never been in a similar situation will not understand the nature of Ocean Masters. This was obvious given the last thread I made. The event they think I did was RMT has been recorded and put up publicly. I really don't understand why they still think I did RMT. I wish they gave me their reasoning, but they never do they just reply with a copy paste message, deny your appeal and then ignore you :*
[Oct 12, 2018 11:07:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates