• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 560 times and has 12 replies
etieti

Poker rake on emerald aswell! (All classic oceans) Reply to this Post

Let's put it this way ... 25% population online playing poker ... While we see 1 table max on obsidian!

So let's play a fair game between classics ocean and dark seas and force a poker rake on classic oceans!

Sincerely from a player who wants to increase players coming at sea instead of wagering!
----------------------------------------
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 8, 2018 7:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Poker rake on emerald aswell! (All classic oceans) Reply to this Post

Let's put it this way ... 25% population online playing poker ... While we see 1 table max on obsidian!

So let's play a fair game between classics ocean and dark seas and force a poker rake on classic oceans!

Sincerely from a player who wants to increase players coming at sea instead of wagering!

+1 even removing 20-200k tables will help down the line, so theres more balance in the ocean.
Keaze is right.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Oct 8, 2018 1:44:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

a Rake should be applied to all wagers or none

A large reason people don't poker on Obsidian in my opinion is the low stakes not the rake.

I often just go to Emerald and poker for the fun instead of playing Obsidian as the high stakes is way more fun then playing for hours to make a a few hundred thousand where you can do it in 1 a hand on the other ocean.

Maybe no loitering signs on the docks could help.

Reality is poker and other parlor games fill time when you can not spend time on the ocean and provide a reason to log in. Some days I don't feel like hoping on a ship and I will just do tournies others poker, others shop puzzles. The great thing about this game it has many different things to do, if I don't want to hop a ship and the parlor games were not there I would log in to one of the many poker apps on my phone or puzzle games also on my phone.

TLDR
All for a wager rake across all parlor games, on all oceans it is a great poe sink.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Oct 8, 2018 2:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

The only reason Emerald still has some players is poker. Go play Obsidian Emerlaus.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Oct 8, 2018 5:25:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

The only reason Emerald still has some players is poker. Go play Obsidian Emerlaus.

I will stay on Emerald but thanks for the advice there Paul!

There's always Pokerstars if ye wanna play poker! This game is called PUZZLE PIRATES afterall as far as I am concerned!

Have a nice day anyway!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 8, 2018 5:53:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

TLDR
All for a wager rake across all parlor games, on all oceans it is a great poe sink.

+9999999999
Keaze is right.

[Oct 9, 2018 2:22:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Weird idea that may work
- Add rake + remove 20k-200k table from Emerald
- Leave the less-populated oceans as it is.

You may slowly start to see some kind of activity on those less populated oceans as the die hard poker fans will need to find a way to get their fix. Emerald won't take too much of a negative hit. That or I could be completely wrong and it would be the end of the game as we know it
[Oct 11, 2018 7:12:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Weird idea that may work
- Add rake + remove 20k-200k table from Emerald
- Leave the less-populated oceans as it is.

You may slowly start to see some kind of activity on those less populated oceans as the die hard poker fans will need to find a way to get their fix. Emerald won't take too much of a negative hit. That or I could be completely wrong and it would be the end of the game as we know it

That is probably a good idea, removing 20-200k poker from emerald so then it forces the poker players to play poker elsewhere for 20-200k poker, great idea!
Keaze is right.

[Oct 11, 2018 1:26:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

er if Hidemyhoney thinks its a good idea, it's probably shouldn't even be considered. I take it back
[Oct 11, 2018 4:13:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

The parlor badge on Meridaian would be ridiculous with the outrageous dub prices. The reason people poker is to fund kades/make money... no much of a purpose on dead oceans. Poker is not the reason people don't pillage, people play the part of the game they want to at the time. It may be poker, it may shop puzzles or even a pillage or even a SMH or Float.

Forcing people into parts of the game they don't want to do or removing the parts they enjoy will not help the game grow, but help it to die quicker.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Oct 11, 2018 4:52:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenithar

I don't know why the parlor badge exists in it's current state.

At the very least it could be tweaked to allow wager-less gaming at all times.

Sometimes I'd rather enjoy hopping on to socially play spades or hearts or something but there's no point since it's not a free day.
[Oct 11, 2018 5:19:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

The parlor badge on Meridaian would be ridiculous with the outrageous dub prices. The reason people poker is to fund kades/make money... no much of a purpose on dead oceans. Poker is not the reason people don't pillage, people play the part of the game they want to at the time. It may be poker, it may shop puzzles or even a pillage or even a SMH or Float.

Forcing people into parts of the game they don't want to do or removing the parts they enjoy will not help the game grow, but help it to die quicker.

The Dev(s) pretty much did that when, they reduced the blockade window without players approval so whats the difference?

I don't know why the parlor badge exists in it's current state.

At the very least it could be tweaked to allow wager-less gaming at all times.

Sometimes I'd rather enjoy hopping on to socially play spades or hearts or something but there's no point since it's not a free day.

+1
Keaze is right.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Oct 11, 2018 6:56:57 PM]
[Oct 11, 2018 6:56:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nahemah69

I stay off the poker tables for the most part but sadly, some ONLY play poker. It is very sad to see when there is nothing on the Notice Board but the Inn is packed with poker players. :(
[Oct 11, 2018 8:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates