• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 485 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Tzening8

(Web-based client help) A nostalgic visit Reply to this Post

Never played for several years but felt nostalgic and decided to login to the game. Instead of downloading it I played via the web client. After updating my email and checking that my pirates are still there, I decided to leave knowing that my account is safe.

Since this version of the game client is browser based, I can't get rid of the 2-3GB worth of files. My space in my C: Drive went from 146GB to 144GB with this as the most likely cause.

Any way to get rid of the files? I already tried cleaning my cookies, Temporary internet files and history but the files are still there after clean up while I have to painstakingly re-login to all my current websites.
[Oct 4, 2018 8:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenithar

Re: (Web-based client help) A nostalgic visit Reply to this Post

Never played for several years but felt nostalgic and decided to login to the game. Instead of downloading it I played via the web client. After updating my email and checking that my pirates are still there, I decided to leave knowing that my account is safe.

Since this version of the game client is browser based, I can't get rid of the 2-3GB worth of files. My space in my C: Drive went from 146GB to 144GB with this as the most likely cause.

Any way to get rid of the files? I already tried cleaning my cookies, Temporary internet files and history but the files are still there after clean up while I have to painstakingly re-login to all my current websites.

Here's a rough attempt to help. I've never run the web client but might be able to point you in the right direction.

The web based client seems to be running in flash - which means you might be looking for the flash object files?

See (By default) C:/Users/UserID/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/Shared Objects - that might have the item you're looking for.

If it's not in that section it's going to be in some kind of cache. If it wasn't in temporary internet files try looking around that same AppData folder for Three Rings - that's where my assets are stored for the desktop app. It's about 500MB. (C:Users/YourUserID/AppData/Roaming/ThreeRingsDesign)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Zenithar at Oct 5, 2018 9:39:07 AM]
[Oct 5, 2018 9:36:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates