• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2069 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Zenithar

Question for community sheet project - Sunk-PoE stall opening cost Reply to this Post

I'm missing one piece of data for the spreadsheets I'm working on and I hope someone can point me in the right direction to someplace versus having to gather it all myself.

Is there anywhere that mentions where this specific number comes from?

It appears to be based on tax & population just like rent, but it differs slightly from island to island.

(For example, Obsidian-ocean wise, the cost to open a Shipyard in PoE is approximately equal to 10.48 times the rent of a medium stall, but the precise ratio differs slightly on every island I looked at.)

Cheers.
[Sep 18, 2018 9:10:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Question for community sheet project - Sunk-PoE stall opening cost Reply to this Post

"Anyone can open their own stall in a bazaar with some amount of PoE, which is determined by the type of stall, the population of the island, and the island's tax rate." - https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bazaar#Stall_management

No mention of exact values as far as I'm aware.
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Sep 18, 2018 10:28:12 AM]
[Sep 18, 2018 10:27:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Question for community sheet project - Sunk-PoE stall opening cost Reply to this Post

The opening cost remains the same for all sized stalls

The opening costs is 8 times the rent of a deluxe stall.

The rent, as explained in the yppedia article is bases on both the island population and the island wide tax rate as set by the governor.

The tax rate and population can be found either on the island tab, or via yoweb, however the numbers aren't always in sync. The reported population appears to be updated quicker than the rent.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 18, 2018 1:20:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenithar

The opening costs is 8 times the rent of a deluxe stall.

Thank you, that is precisely the thing I could not find, and now I'm much more accurate. (I was taking numbers and using an estimate of ~10 times the rent of a medium stall.)
[Sep 18, 2018 2:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates