• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 404 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
boblles

Can not play Reply to this Post

My friend's account has apparently been removed from inactivity, and our computers have made the maximum number of accounts. I suppose we are no longer allowed to play your game?
[Sep 11, 2018 11:51:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Can not play Reply to this Post

My friend's account has apparently been removed from inactivity, and our computers have made the maximum number of accounts. I suppose we are no longer allowed to play your game?

Get a new computer.
----------------------------------------
Heckle

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Greedy bashing is the result of no SMHs! (remove officer badge when greedy bashing is ovar)
[Sep 12, 2018 3:43:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

I don't write much these days, but 1 of the forum replies below got me worked up so I thought I would fly on & step in.

Dear Hidemyhoney, please stop heckling players with genuine technical issues or players returning on their first day back. There surely must be other people you can heckle. Hey you can even heckle me, feel free to go ahead & heckle me as much as you like. Just please, please don't keep heckling new/returning players or players experiencing technical issues.
Ghostbeards of Emerald
Senior Officer of The Royal United Navy
[Sep 13, 2018 8:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenithar

The maximum account creation, according to the last staff post I've read about it - limits the number of accounts made within the last 90 days to a max of 3, I believe.(?)

If you've been out of the game for longer than that you might be experiencing some other kind of issue - you could try contacting support via email if you cannot log into the game.
[Sep 13, 2018 1:38:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I don't write much these days, but 1 of the forum replies below got me worked up so I thought I would fly on & step in.

Dear Hidemyhoney, please stop heckling players with genuine technical issues or players returning on their first day back. There surely must be other people you can heckle. Hey you can even heckle me, feel free to go ahead & heckle me as much as you like. Just please, please don't keep heckling new/returning players or players experiencing technical issues.

You can't lie to your playerbase, so I'm telling the truth on how to get around it. Telling the truth does not equal heckle.
Heckle

Greedy bashing is the result of no SMHs! (remove officer badge when greedy bashing is ovar)
[Sep 13, 2018 2:52:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

Dear Hidemyhoney,

My only request is please think for a moment before trolling a new player on their first day back. Like, really do you really want to keep writing toxic troll-posts forever. Do you really want that to be what people remember you by. You've had some really thoughtful well-written posts in the past.

Hidemyhoney, Would you prefer people to remember you for the thoughtful proposals you've written or would you prefer to throw it all away to only be remembered for every mean one-liner to every random person who appeared on the forums everyday.
Ghostbeards of Emerald
[Sep 13, 2018 3:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

The maximum account creation, according to the last staff post I've read about it - limits the number of accounts made within the last 90 days to a max of 3, I believe.(?)
If you've been out of the game for longer than that you might be experiencing some other kind of issue - you could try contacting support via email if you cannot log into the game.

Wanted to write genuine thanks here to Zenithar for adding the really useful info on maximum account creation within the last 90 days. The 90-day component was something I hadn't know before & something I will keep to remember if others ask for help in the future.

Genuine thanks to you Zenithar for all your really thoughtful contributions out here on these forums. Best of wishes to you all year.
Ghostbeards of Emerald
[Sep 13, 2018 3:44:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

As of my testing a few years ago, your understanding is correct, with one minor point: You are only limited to the number of "free" accounts. If you pay real money to GH to buy dubs or sub time, you can create as many of these paid accounts as you want.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 13, 2018 5:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Dear Hidemyhoney,

My only request is please think for a moment before trolling a new player on their first day back. Like, really do you really want to keep writing toxic troll-posts forever. Do you really want that to be what people remember you by. You've had some really thoughtful well-written posts in the past.

Hidemyhoney, Would you prefer people to remember you for the thoughtful proposals you've written or would you prefer to throw it all away to only be remembered for every mean one-liner to every random person who appeared on the forums everyday.

There all well-written, just helping out the playerbase on how to get around situations, not to just make them go away, if you still have an issue just send me pms.

I don't really care what people think of me, the more you think about that the more less confidence, you will be with your own answers.
Heckle

[Sep 13, 2018 7:36:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Ghostbeardz1 wrote: 

This link is still relevant.

@Topic:
  • Yep the 90-day thing should allow you to create more accounts, I don't think that was ever removed.
  • Alternatively you could try sending something to support@puzzlepirates.com if no representative responds to this thread.
  • Not too sure about this one but, if you were playing previously through the downloaded standalone launcher (as opposed to launching it from Steam), you might be able to get a fresh account through the Steam launcher.
    Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
    I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
    I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Sep 14, 2018 1:30:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Ghostbeardz1 wrote: 

This link is still relevant.

@Topic:
  • Yep the 90-day thing should allow you to create more accounts, I don't think that was ever removed.
  • Alternatively you could try sending something to support@puzzlepirates.com if no representative responds to this thread.
  • Not too sure about this one but, if you were playing previously through the downloaded standalone launcher (as opposed to launching it from Steam), you might be able to get a fresh account through the Steam launcher.

I ran into the same problem earlier. With Steam you have to have an active paying account (at least that is how I understand it).

I've had multiple PP accounts in the past and at one point in time I've paid for them all. When I tried to link them all to Steam after 4 linked accounts, I got the message I couldn't get another free account. It is possible that, because one was recently paid the smallest amount cause I wanted to transfer my alt crew to a character who wasn't in there yet, it was still registered as paid.
Until you pay through Steam for an account, it is regarded as free and thus counts for the max of 3 free accounts. Only after you've paid through steam for an account, can you make another free account. At least, that is how I understood it from the petition answer I got.
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scrappyilse at Sep 14, 2018 10:01:04 AM]
[Sep 14, 2018 10:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates