• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1651 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Mastrchief55

How do I colonize? Reply to this Post

So I've been trying to increase my fame level to colonize islands and I reached noted yesterday and when I went through the said process of trying to colonize (start a blockade on an uncolonized island and pay the fee and be the right reputation level(25,000 poe and noted fame for an OUTPOST island) but it says that I can't colonize it despite me having the requirements? What's up with that and how can I actually colonize an island?
[Sep 2, 2018 10:10:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: How do I colonize? Reply to this Post

Is the uncolonized island open to be colonized?
----------------------------------------
[Sep 2, 2018 10:51:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Mastrchief55

I'm not sure how to do that
[Sep 2, 2018 12:03:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I'm not sure how to do that

Go to the "island" tab of the sun menu and hit the "colonized islands" button. If the island you want isn't on the list, then it isn't open to be colonized. Islands that will be opened in the future are noted in the forum thread Blockades News and Island Openings.

There is a very good chance that there will never be another island open to colonization, all you can do is blockade existing colonized islands. All the older oceans have FAR more colonized islands than they need for the population of those oceans, enough oversupply to hurt the game, and they haven't had any new islands opened since 2011. The new ocean, Obsidian, have had largely uncontested island openings recently and few blockades overall. It is likely that Obsidian now has more islands opened than the population can use and opening more will hurt the ocean.

Sorry, there have probably been under 50 players ever who have gotten to colonize an island. Of those few dozen, quite a few have colonized more than one. That sucks, but so have a lot of OOO/GH's game design choices...
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 2, 2018 12:37:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mastrchief55

Bleh, alright thanks for the help.
[Sep 2, 2018 12:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

One (possibly easier) way to tell if an island is open. If it is uncolonized, look on the island. If it isn't able to blockaded, it will say Uninhabitable. If it is (this pretty much never happens at this point), it will say Unclaimed Land.

It is possible for an island to revert to having no owner. If the palace or fort dusts (assuming the OMs will allow it, I think they don't still), the island will revert. Also, if the island owning flag disbands, it will also revert to Unclaimed Land.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 3, 2018 3:16:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

One (possibly easier) way to tell if an island is open. If it is uncolonized, look on the island. If it isn't able to blockaded, it will say Uninhabitable. If it is (this pretty much never happens at this point), it will say Unclaimed Land.

Good point about looking at the island tab of the island you are on.

As far as an island saying "unclaimed land", that won't happen for more than a few minutes as the way OOO/GH has been opening islands is by giving them to a brigand king, thus "claiming" them.

If the palace or fort dusts (assuming the OMs will allow it, I think they don't still)

It appears that the OMs still try not to let a fort/palace dust. I reported the Conglin fort on Cerulean a few days ago via petition, and the OM thanked me. See: Official Policy: dark forts and palaces However, if no one reports the buildings being dark, the OMs will let them dust. This happened earlier this year to the fort on Diastrophe on Cerulean. It took a couple of petitions before the OMs cleaned up the mess.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 4, 2018 5:33:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates