• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1021 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
luki2000

The Almost Olympic Rowing Competition [Prize Pool announced] Reply to this Post

The Almost Olympic Rowing Competition

The Basic Idea:
17 brave Racehorses are set to hunt down the Kraken as fast as possible. It?s a race, so make sure you knock down the head first. While sportsmanship is still important, it is totally fine to bomb your competitors to the seas ground.

The Date:
Wednesday, the 22nd August, ~9 AM Pirate Time (due to possible Real Life collisions, the event might be postponed 2 days)

The Scoring:
Scoring will be done as in Formula 1 Races, that means, only the ten fastest people will score points. As a Reminder, this is how points are distributed.

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point

There will be given 3 bonus points for the ?Mafia Driver?, which is the person dealing the most ?direct kills? in one race.

The Rules:
*In order to participate, you need a Powder Keg Kit. Please bring it by your own.
*To prevent teaming up and dual clienting, no Alts are allowed.
*Teaming up is not allowed, yet it is not possible to prevent.
*Line-up is random. Inner Beginnings and Outer Beginnings have different Pros and Cons.
*The Race will start once the Referee has set a ?Go?. So please be patient once the stadium has loaded.
*Every player has a 1 minute immunity once the race starts. That means noone is allowed to throw a bomb in the first three rounds after the referee has set the race to start. Whoever bombs in the first minutes will be disqualified and planked.
*Once the Race started, everyone?s goal is to bomb down the kraken first. While doing this it is allowed to throw bombs at your competitors* or to bump them into tentacles.
*If a player throws a bomb, and another player gets sunk by that bomb in the same round (4 moves) it will be counted as a ?direct kill?.
*If a player bumps another player into a bomb, it will be counted as a ?direct kill?. If said bomb was deployed in the same round, both players will get awarded the ?direct kill?.
*If a player gets sunk, he can start over from the safezone.
*In order to finish the race, the player must bomb the kraken. After the first player sunk the head, the following participants can still bomb the 2x2 square where the bubbles arise to finish the race as a runner-up. Be aware that sinking there is probable and make sure that you won?t move ?into? the kraken itself.
This might not work out. Plan B and C stands and will take effect if necessary (I?ll test it once Kraken Maps are available again)
*Once a player finished the race, he will be thrown off board.
*The race will go on till the majority has finished the race - or - the map timer has run up.

*There will be 3 races in which scores can be awarded.

*The referee will livestream(muted) the whole event for curious people and finished participants (My bandwith will probably only allow a laggy stream). Judging and scoring will be done after all 3 races have been taken place. I fear that it will be not possible to do live rankings, so ranking will be done with the above video.

Reasons to be disqualified:
*Not paying attention to the referee
*Using the wrong kit
*Early start
*Throwing bombs in the first 3 moves (Immunity Rule)
*Anything being done against the spirit of the competition

The Prizes:
Port Venture Grand Prix
1st: 30k and a Gold medal
2nd: 10k
3rd: 10k

Night Harbour Grand Prix

Lionhaven Grand Prix

Championship:
1st: 100k
2nd: 50k
3rd: 20k
4th: 20k
5th: 20k

Starting with the winner, the Top 3 overall scorers may choose one item of this prize pool:
*Custom painted/renamed sloop "Champagne Carbon"
*Gold Panda
*Additional 100k Prize Pool

Also every player in the Top 10 will be awarded a random colored LE Chroma!

How to sign up:
Spots are limited to 17 persons. I will accept sign ups ingame as long as i have free spots. If a signed up person doesn't attend in time, players will be pulled from a waiting list or it will be opened for short-time signups.

Disclaimer:
I am not 100% sure if the game allows everything I planned, so rules might change while I further test the mechanics or if an apparent problem occurs while the event is live.

Greetings, Luki!
----------------------------------------
SuperLuki on Meridian, Emerald and Obsidian

[Edit 2 times, last edit by luki2000 at Aug 14, 2018 4:58:29 AM]
[Aug 13, 2018 5:38:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
luki2000

Re: The Almost Olympic Rowing Competition Reply to this Post

Reserved for scores
SuperLuki on Meridian, Emerald and Obsidian

[Aug 13, 2018 5:39:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

count me in
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Aug 15, 2018 6:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Did the event occur? I am sorry to have missed I have family items to deal with suddenly.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Aug 22, 2018 5:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates