• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 557 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Grinfish

Fray interaction and motivation to enter Reply to this Post

Hi All,

I wondered if there was the possibility of developing a relatively benign mechanism which could benefit participation in larger frays on inhabited islands.

The idea: When a large (10+?) Fray spawns, all players on an island not currently in a building/puzzle activity receive a Tell from the zombies/skeletons.

The purpose: This informs a player who may be distracted on an info page or other non-critical task that denies them sight of the fray huddle of an activity happening in their surroundings. It also gives new pirates a little nudge towards an activity they may not have previously engaged in, or are unsure what to do whilst giving a bit of atmospheric "creeps" to the event. This should help to fill larger frays a little faster, stopping early joiners having a long delay before the fray begins.
----------------------------------------
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Aug 4, 2018 8:53:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Re: Fray interaction and motivation to enter Reply to this Post

Too much effort for a very small addition to the game. Big and medium frays should either have reduced NPC numbers or be replaced by small frays only.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Aug 4, 2018 9:37:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Too much effort for a very small addition to the game. Big and medium frays should either have reduced NPC numbers or be replaced by small frays only.

Scale the size of the frays to the number of players that join, up or down, with a top-end limit (number unknown) and a lower limit of 2 or 3 instead of 5.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Aug 6, 2018 9:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Scale the size of the frays to the number of players that join, up or down, with a top-end limit (number unknown) and a lower limit of 2 or 3 instead of 5.

I wouldn't lower it more than 3 or 4, because otherwise people will just 1v2 fray and win if there good enough, then basically nobody will get to fray.

The scale I would go from 10 to 3, so then your not waiting for hours for it to go down from 25 to 5 all the time. So therefore I would have a limit of 10 until it goes down to 3, and higher the rewards for it, since most people fray to get maps, with additional fray spawns, instead of 2 of each make it 3 of each. For werewolves on full moon stick with 1 since they should stay rare.
Heckle

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Greedy bashing is the result of no SMHs! (remove officer badge when greedy bashing is ovar)
[Aug 6, 2018 8:17:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

I agree, because I can do 1v5 solo, make it 1v2/3 and I can win by myself every time. They should be multiplayer.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Aug 6, 2018 8:26:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Or lower the stats requirement to get the fray on your Missions. It's really hard to lift your stats these days because there are not enough players to play against.
Zapa of Emerald
[Aug 7, 2018 5:12:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Or lower the stats requirement to get the fray on your Missions. It's really hard to lift your stats these days because there are not enough players to play against.

People just alt bash anyway...
Heckle

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Greedy bashing is the result of no SMHs! (remove officer badge when greedy bashing is ovar)
[Aug 7, 2018 5:26:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates