• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 85
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4325 times and has 84 replies Next Thread
dangerdann

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...Consider it Sunk Intent for Melanaster Reply to this Post

'Tis a lesson you should heed,
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again;

Then your courage should appear,
For if you will persevere,
You will conquer, never fear
Try, try again;

Once or twice, though you should fail,
If you would at last prevail,
Try, try again;

If we strive, 'tis no disgrace
Though we do not win the race;
What should you do in the case?
Try, try again

If you find your task is hard,
Time will bring you your reward,
Try, try again

All that other folks can do,
Why, with patience, should not you?
Only keep this rule in view:

Try, try again.

Come help Consider it Sunk attempt to take Melanaster back....again!

Where: Melanaster Island
Who: Consider it Sunk
When: Sunday Midday GT!
Pay: 6k/seg
Tops & Tokens: 3k

(Intent by Rhizz)
----------------------------------------
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Aug 3, 2018 6:02:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Re: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...Consider it Sunk Intent for Melanaster Reply to this Post

I wish both sides good luck! Although we are not allies nor friends I do always enjoy your intents :3
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Aug 3, 2018 9:27:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Re: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...Consider it Sunk Intent for Melanaster Reply to this Post

Good luck this weekend! Oh and uh Dr Pepper is the best!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Powers
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Aug 3, 2018 9:36:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

What are your plans for shoppes such as the tailor that was won from GW’s event. Are you demolishing them?
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Aug 5, 2018 4:44:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Wonderful blockade today, I hope everyone on both sides had fun. You guys did very well and definitely earned your win! :)
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Aug 5, 2018 4:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

What are your plans for shoppes such as the tailor that was won from GW?s event. Are you demolishing them?

We will be publishing our full island plans shortly, I can confirm that we do not intend to demolish the tailor that was won as part of GW's event.
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 

[Aug 6, 2018 4:42:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dustinkyle

What are your plans for shoppes such as the tailor that was won from GW?s event. Are you demolishing them?

We will be publishing our full island plans shortly, I can confirm that we do not intend to demolish the tailor that was won as part of GW's event.

A sincere thank you to you.

All praise the Macadamia Jubilation Congregation.
Julie on Obsidian
Mazi on Cobalt/Emerald

Xelliana tells ye, "I went to Hooters today :D!"
[Aug 6, 2018 10:14:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

You certainly shouldn't dust the tailor shop before it has a full rack. Then you can ask for 1000 dubs to keep it open.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 6, 2018 12:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spooksz

Dear CIS.

It has been three days since you obtained the island.

You have stated you intend on being transparent with your Island plans.

Can you please indicate when this will occur? So far you have been less than so.

Regards,
Captain of BrookynNINENINENINENINE

Job Guerrilla Warfare, the responsible island owners
[Aug 8, 2018 4:27:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

9 SY's
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Aug 8, 2018 5:17:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

Dear CIS.

It has been three days since you obtained the island.

You have stated you intend on being transparent with your Island plans.

Can you please indicate when this will occur? So far you have been less than so.

Regards,

Hi Spooksz. Thanks for your post.

We have been working hard at a constructive and well-thought-out island plan. Lots has changed to the island (both good and bad) since we last held it meaning our original plans have changed quite considerably. Therefore, we feel it is more prudent to make sure we took our time, got things right and not rushed a plan that would not benefit the ocean in the long term. I am sure you can understand that we would not be interested in rushing our plans and getting things wrong.

I should note, not as an excuse but as a a note to RL, our major island planner/architect within the flag has not been around the past few days due to a family bereavement, so this has slowed us down - but RL does always take priority in these situations.

I can state that our island plans are now 99% confirmed and we will be posting them very shortly for the ocean to view. I believe that our new Governor will be making the announcement.

I hope that this answers your question.
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 

[Aug 8, 2018 6:44:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greeniguanaa

Ahoy,

As promised, we are sharing our plans for the development of Melanaster. Island plans take time and solid planning. We are very happy that the ocean is taking interest in this wonderful island.

Our plan is to continue with the Game Of Thrones name theme. We plan to rename the bazaars that do not follow this theme.

We will also continue towards building our original planned island design. Much thought was put into aesthetics, We have had to completely re-work our original island plan since GW's hold on the island. We want to make sure that each building is placed with precision and thought in order to aesthetically benefit the island, such as placing the SY near the water and not in the middle of an island

We also plan to drop a couple of charms around the docks of the island to spice it up and make it feel more welcoming. While this is simply just a rough draft and would pend OM approval first. This is the kinda idea we'd like to do

We do plan on shutting down all GW owned shoppes for the foreseeable future. We do NOT have plans to dust the tailor owned by Julie, which was won in a contest.

We have dropped two shipyards and upgraded the fort. We also plan to drop two iron mongers. One SY and IM will be run as personal shoppes by members of CiS. The other two will be managed as flag shoppes.

If we continue to hold the island after this weekend, we will be inviting those who supported us (Allies) to participate in an auction event for a plot of their choice, if interested.

We also are planning to expand the housing options on the island. We do plan to drop most housing options as you can see in our image render below.

Our next housing drop will either be an estate or manor in the next week. Let us know which you prefer! Feedback is welcome.

We will continue to keep the taxes at 15 % for the foreseeable future. We will continue to share our additional decisions and plans for the island as they are made by CiS.

Any modifications to this plan will be announced to the ocean here. As always, we are interested in your ideas and how we can best serve the ocean's unique needs.

Greeniguana of Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greeniguanaa at Aug 8, 2018 8:31:25 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 8:14:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Thank goodness this is truly needed+1

Governor Greeniguanaaa congrats on joining the forums one day ago and becoming Governor of the Only Large island in your short publicly visible ypp career.

r plan is to continue with the Game Of Thrones name theme. We plan to rename the bazaars that do not follow this theme.

Which don't? don't watch the show/movie or whatever it is.

Our next housing drop will either be an estate or manor in the next week. Let us know which you prefer! Feedback is welcome.

Mannor there already is an over priced housing option xD

Would be really nice to see intents include plans rather then meemes I mean who wouldn't job for flowers on the dock and a fountain. Odd that people don't put together plans prior to spending all that poe on the gaining the island not sure any flag has just saying it can gain or hurt jobber support all the way around.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Aug 8, 2018 9:03:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dustinkyle

Just for clarity, I named the tailor "Nonsensical Nudity" when I won the shop.

I personally hate Game of Thrones, but I also feel that it is 100% Game of Thrones themed.
Julie on Obsidian
Mazi on Cobalt/Emerald

Xelliana tells ye, "I went to Hooters today :D!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dustinkyle at Aug 8, 2018 9:21:13 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 9:20:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Syntinel

Would be really nice to see intents include plans rather then meemes I mean who wouldn't job for flowers on the dock and a fountain. Odd that people don't put together plans prior to spending all that poe on the gaining the island not sure any flag has just saying it can gain or hurt jobber support all the way around.

I had a fully complete island design before melanaster was released. With how few buildings you can fully drop in the first week, and the untimely change of hands for 2 weeks, I had to redo my design to incorporate some mistakes made by GW.
DarkCocoa of Obsidian and Meridian
Prince of Consider it Sunk
Captain of Message in a Bottle
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Syntinel at Aug 8, 2018 9:20:54 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 9:20:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bauds

CiS has proven as island holders to act on extensive internal debates as to what buildings should be placed as well as considering where would be most logical and aesthetically pleasing to place those buildings. The debates take time as many people give their inputs and feedback and we have to react to what others who hold the island do. It takes time and we will let you know as soon as we reach a consensus through voting or otherwise.
Bauds of Obsidian, formerly Cerulean and before that Midnight.
[Aug 8, 2018 9:25:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

what do you mean by auctioning a plot? for moneyz? if u auction it off for moneyzzz. The first week GW takes it back, it will instantly get dusted.
[Aug 8, 2018 9:34:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greeniguanaa

Thank goodness this is truly needed+1

Thanks! I thought it would be a nice addition to the island and no additional cost to the tax payers! Most people don't typically make these types of edits to an island aside from shoppe additions. I'd like to change that and try to set a new precedent with each island CIS takes/holds.

Governor Greeniguanaaa congrats on joining the forums one day ago and becoming Governor of the Only Large island in your short publicly visible ypp career.

Thank you again! While I've just joined the forms I wouldn't call my YPP career short or none visible. I like to think I'm quite well know around the obsidian ocean! :D

Which don't? don't watch the show/movie or whatever it is.

I do not watch the show my self. I will have to get back to you on this at a later date.

Mannor there already is an over priced housing option xD

It sounds like quite a bit of people are leaning toward the manor :)
Greeniguana of Obsidian
[Aug 8, 2018 9:44:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

All of the bazaar names fall within GoT canon already, so don't see any renaming necessary there. Which ones do you consider OOC?

I did call out a typo to GW in the black market name though (Valerian != Valyrian). That could do with fixing.

Also, I don't really think Chateau scans very well as a pun. Perhaps there's some mileage in using the name of a certain deceased GoT character who rhymes with Melanaster?

Perhaps the bank's name could be made more punny (Minterfell, The Gold In Company for example).

I'll shut up now before G.R.R. has me added to his surprise death list :D
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grinfish at Aug 8, 2018 9:50:22 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 9:49:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I did call out a typo to GW in the black market name though (Valerian != Valyrian). That could do with fixing.

That was in our plans to get fixed, but we didn't get to it in time. Blighty/Greeniguana, hit me up in-game and I'll provide the RMs to correct the name to Valyrian.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Aug 8, 2018 10:04:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Greeniguanaa

what do you mean by auctioning a plot? for moneyz? if u auction it off for moneyzzz. The first week GW takes it back, it will instantly get dusted.

This will be on a need to know bases for those allies who will be participating. We will have a plan in place if this does happen.

@Grinfish Some shoppe names could use some fixing. Again, I am not a GOT person so will have to get back on these questions.

That was in our plans to get fixed, but we didn't get to it in time. Blighty/Greeniguana, hit me up in-game and I'll provide the RMs to correct the name to Valyrian.

I will find you in game! :)
Greeniguana of Obsidian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Greeniguanaa at Aug 8, 2018 10:12:03 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 10:07:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

This will be on a need to know bases for those allies who will be participating. We will have a plan in place if this does happen.

Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

[Aug 8, 2018 10:27:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

auctioning off plots behind the scene for allies = building w/e CIS as a flag wants to see builded and will fully benefit off it. but with some plebstar pirate holding the deed to the shop. Atleast auction it off for the ocean. Or else Support GW... 1 or 2 events was good, and i get that both flags who claim they don't use CC warriors need money to cade so by all means auction them off ofcourse. But don't be BSers and do it behind closed doors atleast have the balls like we did in Brenda to say "scupper off" in your face. -
[Aug 8, 2018 10:34:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

I'll be sure to let you know which ally won the shoppe Pika, You haven't been a staunch supporter of CIS like our other allies have which is why they will be invited to it and you won't.

I am sorry this offends you and you won't have a chance to purchase a shoppe on Mel, our supporters will be the ones who are invited because they are the ones who put the grunt work in with us and made it possible for us to win Mel. To said supporters, we are currently deciding on the time of the auction but will be in touch shortly to give you plenty of time to make arrangements and will try to accommodate all time zones! Thank you all again for the support at Mel, you are all amazing <3
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Aug 8, 2018 10:44:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

I'll be sure to let you know which ally won the shoppe Pika, You haven't been a staunch supporter of CIS like our other allies have which is why they will be invited to it and you won't.

I am sorry this offends you and you won't have a chance to purchase a shoppe on Mel, our supporters will be the ones who are invited because they are the ones who put the grunt work in with us and made it possible for us to win Mel. To said supporters, we are currently deciding on the time of the auction but will be in touch shortly to give you plenty of time to make arrangements and will try to accommodate all time zones! Thank you all again for the support at Mel, you are all amazing <3

brah, if i buy or win a shop i have no doubt one side will eventually dust it. I'm just telling you how it looks what you are doing. The comparisment between GW giving the plots away in an open ocean event vs closed door sell off. You should know by now that i would have said the same thing about either flag.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pikapyah at Aug 8, 2018 10:53:13 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 10:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greeniguanaa

I apoglize for not being clear enough for you.

Its on a need to know bases as we do not have a solid idea of how we are going about that. Whether its an event or monetization.

What we do know is it will be held specifically for our allies and that is what we are being transparent about. That we are are giving a shoppe away. Again, not sure in what form or fashion.

Once we have more details I am more than happy to let you know<3

I hope this clears it up for you!

You should know by now that i would have said the same thing about either flag.

Pika, You should know by now that we typically think 10 steps ahead. Regardless of a poe auction or some type of event. We will have somthing in places so those allies who have none stopped supported us over the months don't lose in the end.

I will no longer be replying to your comments. While I like your persistence you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of how diplomacy works. And thats okay.
Greeniguana of Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greeniguanaa at Aug 8, 2018 11:03:33 AM]
[Aug 8, 2018 11:02:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

brah, if i buy or win a shop i have no doubt one side will eventually dust it. I'm just telling you how it looks what you are doing. The comparisment between GW giving the plots away in an open ocean event vs closed door sell off. You should know by now that i would have said the same thing about either flag.

Why the intentions are so important prekade, there was a PVP contest and Casnio Frig Raffle open to EVERY ONE. But hey it is important to take care of your friends/supporters. Looking forward to the stream, Pika gave CIS love and now well we shall see.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Aug 8, 2018 11:04:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

If we continue to hold the island after this weekend, we will be inviting those who supported us (Allies) to participate in an auction event for a plot of their choice, if interested.

If you lose the island (it's already changed hands twice in 3 weeks), the ally who bought it loses their money. Surely you have more respect for your allies than this?
[Aug 8, 2018 11:16:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

I will no longer be replying to your comments. While I like your persistence you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of how diplomacy works. And thats okay.

Feeding the people who are already eating from your hands, while the common folk starve. It's the same politics i would do for sure as it makes me feel good and i can spread my shinny bling bling amongst my friends.

Neutral flags and jobbers what a time to be alive.
[Aug 8, 2018 11:18:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

If you lose the island (it's already changed hands twice in 3 weeks), the ally who bought it loses their money. Surely you have more respect for your allies than this?

1. We don't intend to lose.

2. No allies are forced to have anything to do with this, many have asked and therefore we have listened. Nobody is forcing anybody's hand and everybody who gets involved knows the risks and rewards.

3. I like eating cucumber slices and find them very addictive. Sometimes I dip them into ketchup.
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 

[Aug 8, 2018 11:23:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates