• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 226 times and has 2 replies
Scrappyilse

maximum number of free accounts? Reply to this Post

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong place, please move it to the correct place :)

It's been quite a while since I've played PP, but I recently returned and decided to try out the Dark Seas. I've several accounts that have all been paid for in the past. Since I want to keep those pirate names, I thought to login those accounts on Steam as well. And, just in case I decide that I want any of the DLC's on those other accounts in the future, I decided to make different steam accounts (since DLC's are a one time buy on a steam account).
I've logged in each PP account on a different Steam account, until I got the message:

"login failed this computer has created the maximum number of free account".

I thought once paid, it was paid, no matter how long ago it was? I've checked all my accounts in the billing support and all say ex-subscriber.

Is it the fact that I was a subscriber instead of a Doubloon ocean player?
Is it that they're all on their own steam account? I don't use the Steam account to login, but instead the PP account because those are accounts I've already got. Seemed far more logical to use in my opinion.

So... that leaves me with two (technical?) questions:
1. What is causing this?
2. How can I solve this?

Thanks for the help!
----------------------------------------
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 2, 2018 11:33:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: maximum number of free accounts? Reply to this Post

At least on traditional oceans, you can create a maximum of three free accounts every few (6?) months.

Even if your account is marked with "ex-subscriber" on the billing system, that doesn't mean it isn't a free account. You have to pay OOO/GH real money by buying either dubs or subscription time. If you buy dubs off the exchange, or buy subscription time with dubs, it won't count. Dub-scribing will mark an account as an "ex-subscriber".

I know of no way of telling if an account is "free" or "has been paid for", the billing system can't tell you. Personally, I think this is really bad, but just ended up keeping track in a file.

And, since I've never used steam, these rules might be quite different there, but it was my understanding that it is the same.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 2, 2018 1:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Re: maximum number of free accounts? Reply to this Post

Thanks, Algol!
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 4, 2018 5:20:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates