• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2817 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Event: The Great Escape! Win a Hera Doll Trinket! (Winners Announced) Reply to this Post

Winners here!

The Great Escape! (or how Ippolito Familiars finally arrived on Obsidian!) An art event!

Ippolito familiars have finally been spotted on Obsidian Ocean! Just how did those critters finally evade the Oceanmasters and find their freedom? I want to know so I can prevent future escapes! Its up to YOU to show me their escape plan! This is primarily an art event; how you illustrate it is up to you. It could be a map with notations of escape steps, it could be a picture showing objectives needed in order for them to gain freedom, it could be a one page cartoon panel showing the different stages of the escape. We are only after one image; after all Ippolito familars are small things and wouldn't be able to hide a bigger multi-page plan!

What to do!
- Create an escape plan that the Ippolito familiars may have used.
- Your plan can contain both illustrations and text
- Your plan should have a YPP theme

Please include the following in your post :
- Your pirate's name and ocean (open to all oceans)
- Post the original plan in this thread as shown here. Please keep it to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels. (you can link to a larger image as well if detail is lost)

The Prizes

Prizes will be flexible, depending on the quantity and quality of entries, but you can expect to see

* Hera Doll trinket
* Renamed Sloop
* Clothes, trinkets, furniture
* Hera Eggs (Because everyone loves those!)
* Shiny Sun Points!

Other rules/information
-Only one entry per player
-Original art work please - while I'm after elements in the game being used, I do want you to draw them and not photoshop existing artwork into your work.
-Contest will finish 26 August 11.59pm game time
- You may edit your post up until the deadline.
- I'm sure it goes without saying, but lets please keep the entries PG13!

----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Hera at Sep 2, 2018 8:15:06 PM]
[Jul 29, 2018 3:13:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Event: The Great Escape! Win a Hera Doll Trinket! (deadline 26 August 11.59pm) Reply to this Post

Reserved!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jul 29, 2018 4:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Re: Event: The Great Escape! Win a Hera Doll Trinket! (deadline 26 August 11.59pm) Reply to this Post

Is this the entry thread? (If so reserved!)
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Jul 29, 2018 8:04:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Pirate name: Robyns
Ocean: Emerald

Yes, I draw like a 4 year old :P
Robyns
<3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Robyns090 at Jul 31, 2018 8:49:13 PM]
[Jul 31, 2018 8:48:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andrew121664

Pirate Name:DGK

Ocean:Obsidian

[Aug 3, 2018 5:41:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DerSteinbock

Sent by Steinbock from Obsidian Ocean

The Oceanmasters were prisoning innocent Ippolitas under the seas! The plan of Seahorses was to somehow break the golden lock of the improsining cage. One day a curious Crab came along and saw the shiny lock. The lock was so luminous that the Crab became both frightened and rejoiced, because it has finally found itself a wonderful trinket! So Ippolitas told the credulous Crab to break the lock with its claw.

In the end, Ippolitas obtained their freedom by the help of a Crab. The joyful Seahorses carried the pieces of broken lock for their delighted friend. After these tiny critters arrived to a safe place, both Ippolitas and Crab were happy. Now the Ippolitas are enjoying the life of freedom.
[Aug 4, 2018 5:56:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talm1

reserved?
Talm on emerald and meridian
[Aug 5, 2018 4:00:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seapint

Escape plan: Suck it in.

-Enforcer on Obsidian
Seapint of Emerald ocean
Enforcer of Obsidian ocean
Drawing avatars and stuff visit:
This thing here
[Aug 5, 2018 5:45:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Obsidian

Ippolito are well-known for their mastery of mimicry- who knew they could use their skills to deceive even the Ocean Masters? Steam is a newfangled thing, popping up in the strangest places on the ocean...
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Aug 12, 2018 5:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Bisca of Obsidian
Fav color: mint

In case not readable:
Little Thief Hera.
Hera; My Precioussss!!!
Cronus; HERA! I know you are in there!
Hera; OH NO! He found me.
Cronus; What is that there?
Cronus; AHA! You must return them hera.
Hera; Bye my darlings.

Large Image

Sorry for the poor drawing, I was tired but I still wanted to enter something.
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Enforcer
[Aug 14, 2018 1:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zardahn

Hesher on Obsidian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by zardahn at Aug 26, 2018 8:34:33 AM]
[Aug 14, 2018 8:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
consumecards

-
[Edit 3 times, last edit by consumecards at Sep 3, 2018 4:09:10 AM]
[Aug 16, 2018 9:54:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

Sovereignty on Obsidian

[Aug 17, 2018 4:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cassiopeiah

Noeuli on Emerald ocean.

Please release the plum ippos, Hera! XD

Thank ye for holding the contest! My first art contest entry <3

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cassiopeiah at Aug 26, 2018 3:27:20 PM]
[Aug 25, 2018 11:22:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LilMudblood

Pirate: Kiyit
Ocean: Obsidian

Just came back to the oceans from a long time off. Forgot how much fun art comps can be! Threw a little 'The Great Escape' reference in there for good measure :)
Kiyit, on Obsidian.

Pirate formerly known as Hungrypirate on Viridian.

Avatar by the wonderful Hippihanni, an eon ago!
[Aug 26, 2018 3:47:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

last minute entry

Story : Hera Grabs the last chest before heading home

Opens the chest at port and find the Ippolito

Hera goes to show off her new prize at the Magpie Inn

Hera Passes out from ''celebrating too much"

Ippolito slips the key from heras pocket and unlocks the chain.

Ippolito swims back to atlantis and lives happy ever after.

Link to full image https://imageshack.com/a/img924/3074/ggS0Jo.jpg

Pirate: Detail
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Aug 26, 2018 10:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha
Obsidian

- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Aug 26, 2018 2:03:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Pirate name: Phaerie

[Aug 26, 2018 4:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

wayfarer of obsidian whose laptop is about to run out of battery so the coloring went quick haha

Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Aug 26, 2018 8:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

if I lived on the west coast instead of east, THIS would be a last minute entry

link to note (judging note - this IS copy and paste. ippos are small but very technologically advanced and Hera wouldn't be tricked by anything I drew):
https://i.imgur.com/ISyWnvN.png

OUTCOME: NOT REALIZING HER PART IN THE BOLD BREAKOUT, HERA IS INFURIATED. COMING SOON, PART 2.

PART 2 SYNOPSIS: The pacifist white ippos try to comfort Hera by telling her a story (any resemblance to It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is purely coincidental.)
Doggbreath, a pirate on Cerulean, believes that the Great Hera will visit all Hera egg displays on her birthday looking for the one that is owned by an obvious apple polisher. Since she has no idea when that day is, Doggbreath sleeps next to the eggs on the top floor of Roguesriding's Gallery, awaiting the visit. Hera visits the gallery and is so impressed that she gift wraps and oblivious white ippo and slips it into Doggbreath's booty while she is asleep and waits to see how long it will be before she notices it.
Born on Midnight and never want to leave

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.
[Aug 26, 2018 8:59:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Velternal, Obsidian

Velternal, new to Obsidian!
[Aug 26, 2018 11:46:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

And Time! Judging now underway!
[Aug 27, 2018 1:47:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Event: The Great Escape! Win a Hera Doll Trinket! (Winners Announced!) Reply to this Post

Wow. WOW. Thank you to all who entered this contest; judging was SO HARD! So many excellent escape plans, and so hard to pick the winners! I've had to get extra judges in to help me and we finally have the winners.

Without further ado, the winner scoring a Hera Doll trinket, renamed sloop and a Hera Egg (along with Shiny Sun Points):

Velternal of Obsidian! Congratulations! Your prizes will be in your inventory soon.

Two runners up scoring each a renamed sloop, Hera Egg and rose trinket (as well as Shiny Sun Points) are:

Cattrin of Obsidian and Kiyit of Obsidian

Honorable mentions winning the 'Escape Package' of a desktop map, rowboat bed and Hera Egg each are:

Noeuli of Emerald , Phaerie of Obsidian and Doggbreath of Cerulean !

Congratulations to you all! And good luck on finding those pesky critters in the game!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hera at Sep 2, 2018 8:25:30 PM]
[Sep 2, 2018 8:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Re: Event: The Great Escape! Win a Hera Doll Trinket! (Winners Announced!) Reply to this Post

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I absolutely LOVE my new doll and of course my (beautiful) new sloop.

Congratulations to all the winners - not sure how you could have chosen when so much creativity and thought goes into each entry!

Can't wait for the next one. :) <3
Velternal, new to Obsidian!
[Sep 4, 2018 11:02:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Congratulations Velternal!

I really enjoyed seeing all the creative entires. I hope we have more events like this in the future. :)
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Sep 7, 2018 7:01:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LilMudblood

Congrats to Velternal, and to everyone else! It was great getting to see everyone's takes on the escape! Thankye Hera and the other judges for your accolades. It was very exciting to see I was a runner up in such a close competition.

I'm also seconding Cattrin's hope that there are more events like this in the future. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to stretch some old artistic muscles. ^_^
Kiyit, on Obsidian.

Pirate formerly known as Hungrypirate on Viridian.

Avatar by the wonderful Hippihanni, an eon ago!
[Sep 9, 2018 3:00:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates