• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1545 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Scrappyilse

Move pirate to Steam ocean? Reply to this Post

Wow,

I've been away for quite some time and I find that puzzle pirates now is on steam as well. Those permanent packages seemed interesting, but I understand it's only for one pirate.
Anyway, the question I have, is this:
Could an existing pirate on Doubloon/Subscription ocean be moved / copied to the Steam Ocean with all his/her items? #curious :)
----------------------------------------
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Jul 28, 2018 6:50:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Move pirate to Steam ocean? Reply to this Post

You have never been able to move pirates between oceans and obsidian is no exception. Considering GH made the explicit decision not to even allow dubs to be moved to obsidian, I very much doubt an exception will be made.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jul 28, 2018 7:16:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Ah, right. My pirates went to Cerulean with the merger of the oceans! I had forgotten about that :)

Oh well, maybe I'll try out the Steam version one day too :D
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Jul 28, 2018 8:25:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

You might want to download the Dark Oceans client and get your pirate name sooner rather than later (if it's still available!).

That way at least you can be you if/when you do decide to play.

You may well meet some familiar faces from your previous piratey lifetime too who have made the leap to Obsidian before you :)

The packages with permanent Officer and Labour badge are great value for anyone who previously was willing to buy doubloons with real money, essentially being a permanent partial subscription for your pirate.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jul 29, 2018 10:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

You might want to download the Dark Oceans client and get your pirate name sooner rather than later (if it's still available!).

That way at least you can be you if/when you do decide to play.

Thanks for the tip! I actually just got started with that yesterday. There are a few pirates that are "precious" to me. The rest are simply alts and not really that interesting :D

You may well meet some familiar faces from your previous piratey lifetime too who have made the leap to Obsidian before you :)

That would certainly be fun!

The packages with permanent Officer and Labour badge are great value for anyone who previously was willing to buy doubloons with real money, essentially being a permanent partial subscription for your pirate.

Yeah.... I was on subscription oceans :D
Still debating whether to buy one at my current steam account. I do understand though, that it's only for one pirate. As someone used to a subscription in the past where all my pirates on the subbed account would have the same benefits, this limit is.... to say at the least weird. Especially since it means you'll need to buy the other two characters labor badges every 30 days if you want to actively play them as well.

Also, as someone used to subs, it's weird not to be able to be a captain, but only an officer, unless I buy the "upgrade". BTW, speaking about that. If my character already has the permanent officer's badge, does the price for the captain's badge go down? Does seem logical to me, after all, you already have the officer level. But then again....

Another question: I noticed there's also a deluxe labor badge that gives you 72 hours of labor. I assume the permanent labor badge gives you 24 hours of labor. Is the deluxe badge, thinking along the same line as the captain's badge, for a lower price, or do you have to pay the full doubloon price every 30 days as well?

Thanks for the help!
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Jul 30, 2018 4:19:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

BTW, speaking about that. If my character already has the permanent officer's badge, does the price for the captain's badge go down? Does seem logical to me, after all, you already have the officer level. But then again....

Another question: I noticed there's also a deluxe labor badge that gives you 72 hours of labor. I assume the permanent labor badge gives you 24 hours of labor. Is the deluxe badge, thinking along the same line as the captain's badge, for a lower price, or do you have to pay the full doubloon price every 30 days as well?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, if you own the DLC for the permabadges the SO badge costs 2 dubs and the captain's badge costs 12. The deluxe labor badge will cost 10 while you have the permanent labor badge.
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Jul 30, 2018 4:29:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

BTW, speaking about that. If my character already has the permanent officer's badge, does the price for the captain's badge go down? Does seem logical to me, after all, you already have the officer level. But then again....

Thanks for the help!

Yes, if you own the DLC for the permabadges the SO badge costs 2 dubs and the captain's badge costs 12. The deluxe labor badge will cost 10 while you have the permanent labor badge.

Oh, thanks for that! That's good to know :)
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Jul 30, 2018 5:23:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Thanks for the help!

You already stated that you recognize that badges only go to one pirate. Just clarifying that the same is true for the DLC badges.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 30, 2018 11:02:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Thanks for the help!

You already stated that you recognize that badges only go to one pirate. Just clarifying that the same is true for the DLC badges.

Thanks!
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Jul 30, 2018 12:19:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates