• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1923 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Thomas91

Guerrilla Warfare's First Shoppe Event Reply to this Post

EVENT:
Hello dear friends and foe of Obsidian. As promised Guerrilla Warfare will be hosting a story-writing competition for the ocean. The winner will receive a wonderful shoppe of your choice (name TBA) on Melanaster. As you have seen with some of our forum posts (tom cruise the elephant, Mtdizzle's revenge) we are a flag that enjoys a good read and we want to challenge the creativity of our Obsidian community.

PREMISE:
For those of you who tune into Betty and Pika's stream, who are in our discord, or even who have played the game for years might have heard that our captain Antix enjoys a good pixelated marriage (four in total but who is counting). It has even been said that Antix has a wife in every port, on every ocean. Dear fun-loving and romantic Antix has been accused of marrying for politics, portraits and even corsets (don't ask) however we as a flag truly believe our captain and king marries out of the purest form of love; puzzle pirate love. With this event, we hope to change the perception of pirate romance as a whole and encourage more in-game marriages.

DETAILS:
We want you to write a story detailing the fifth and fictional in-game romance of our captain Antix. How did they meet, where did they meet, was it love at first sight, was Antix romantic or a bumbling idiot. We ask that the pirate he romances be a fictional pirate but every other aspect of the ocean be real; in fact in-game references and Obsidian folklore (ie. 9999, #FreeSivils, owl exploits) are greatly encouraged. The story should run between 500-750 words although exceptions can be made for a longer or shorter story contingent upon the overall quality of the tale. We want there to be a certain amount of freedom with the story as not to stifle creativity.

WINNER AND DATES:
The winner will be decided by a panel of five established Obsidian pirates. This will be volunteer based and I am currently looking so please contact me in game for more details. I would like this event to be as unbiased and fun as possible - so I will do everything that I can to ensure it is fair and fun for all. Submissions are to be sent to pasteyman78@gmail.com, including your in-game pirate name. The submission will then be passed on to the panel of five anonymously to avoid any bias. Submissions start Saturday following a Guerrilla Warfare successful defence and ends Wednesday the following week. Only one entry per pirate. The winners story will be posted on the forums for the enjoyment of all. You will have until Friday to collect the shoppe deed or it will be passed on to the runner-up.

Thank you and good luck to everyone

DISCLAIMER:
Guerrilla Warfare reserve the right to refuse an entry based on the suspicion that is a second entry through an alt. If there is a blockade on Saturday submissions can be submitted immediately following a Guerrilla Warfare win, if not the submissions will begin when the island is re-won.

----------------------------------------
The most inglorious of basterds, Mtdizzle

Viridian famous in 2008, Magicaltouch
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Thomas91 at Jul 25, 2018 2:54:19 PM]
[Jul 25, 2018 2:31:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Re: Guerrilla Warfare's First Shoppe Event Reply to this Post

As I am the only person to know the names of the entrants of the event, I am opening the floor to general questions and queries about Antix's past. A lot of information is searchable via his YPPedia page, but if you're looking for a more personal answer, please direct them to me, either in-game or on discord (pasteyman78#3552).

I will not be providing any tips or additional information, just simply answering any question asked.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jul 26, 2018 8:52:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

How much will spelling and grammar matter? I ask because I like to think I can write a very creative tale but I always got a lot of red pen on my papers for my terrible grammar and spelling back in school. It might give a grammar nazi a stroke so how heavily is that going to be a factor? Thanks and love the event!
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Jul 28, 2018 11:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

If you are serious Matt then please feel free to send me a draft of your story, I would be happy to help with that kind of thing for free. (And no I wouldn’t be stealing ideas.)
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Jul 29, 2018 5:38:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

Awesome thanks as I was serious and do seriously suck at grammar and spelling lol.
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Jul 29, 2018 8:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thomas91

We are now taking submissions! Email them to pasteyman78@gmail.com
The most inglorious of basterds, Mtdizzle

Viridian famous in 2008, Magicaltouch
[Jul 29, 2018 5:44:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Awesome thanks as I was serious and do seriously suck at grammar and spelling lol.

I can attest to this. It hurts sometimes.....
Natedawg
King of Primordial Powers
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Jul 29, 2018 8:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Deadline: Wednesday @2PM GT! Happy writing :)
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jul 30, 2018 7:22:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Deadline: Wednesday @2PM GT! Happy writing :)

yikes i better hurry,
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Jul 30, 2018 9:22:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

750 Words? Bro...it's a story. You gotta lead up to that shit man.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Jul 30, 2018 12:26:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Bnavv

just sent off my submission, was fun for sure, not the best writer , but wanted to participate regardless. Awesome contest. Cant wait to read the winners submission ^_^
Darkbnavv on Meridian
[Jul 31, 2018 8:26:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Deadline! Any late submissions will not be passed on to the judges. Thank you to all the people who entered! In addition to the grand prize of a shoppe, we are offering a second place prize of an unnamed tan parrot, and a third place prize of 150K. This was simply due to the quantity and quality of stories entered.

We're announcing the winner tomorrow, and potentially have Betty read the winning entry live on stream. Stay tuned.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Aug 1, 2018 2:58:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Dafuq why betty and not me :D
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Aug 1, 2018 4:21:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

And the winner is......................... JULIE!

Congratulations on your tailor shoppe!

Runners up are: Whitewyvern (tan parrot), Mercurius (150K) and Solitude (150K)! Prizes are collectible in game from myself or Mtdizzle!

Thank you to everyone who entered :)

Also, thank you to the judges, Azy, Wiggin, Monlizzy, Anchovia, Calamarie and Cem, for your fairness in decision making. Really appreciate it.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Aug 2, 2018 11:56:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Ooh Blimey!

Congrats to Julie and the other winners, and a salute to everyone else who entered. Twas fun!

Pastey, do you intend to publish any of the entries, or can we reveal them ourselves? :D
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Aug 2, 2018 12:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Ooh Blimey!

Congrats to Julie and the other winners, and a salute to everyone else who entered. Twas fun!

Pastey, do you intend to publish any of the entries, or can we reveal them ourselves? :D

I think it would be fun to have Betty and/or Pika read the winning entries out live on stream, and then I'll post them on this thread for those missed. Time is TBD but I'll know by tonight.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Aug 2, 2018 1:07:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Ooh Blimey!

I think it would be fun to have Betty and/or Pika read the winning entries out live on stream, and then I'll post them on this thread for those missed. Time is TBD but I'll know by tonight.

awesome
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Aug 3, 2018 5:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

I hereby formally request delivery of said parrot to Majestrate - not because I like that jerk, but just because I bump into him in-game more often :)
Retired, No regrets.

Briggs wrote: 

[Aug 4, 2018 6:56:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I hereby formally request delivery of said parrot to Majestrate - not because I like that jerk, but just because I bump into him in-game more often :)

"bump into him"....uh huh, okay stalker
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Aug 4, 2018 10:23:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Thanks for the prize folks!

Hopefully y'all caught Julie's Winning story on Pika and Betty's Twitch blockade feed, as orated by none other than the delightful Mrs Harrjm!

No such pretty delivery for mine, but here it is in all it's glory - if perhaps a blockade too late ;)

Well, this is the story all about how
A pirate's life turned crow's nest-down
Why don't you grab a mug o'grog and just sit right there
And hear the tales of Antix, King of Guerilla Warfare...

In West of Cerulean, spawned and raised
In hostile water's where he spent most of his days
Navvin' and maxin' and sinkin' old fools
Firin' cannonballs at 'em for islands to rule
When a piratey lass who could carpent so good
Desperate to impress with how she handled wood
Nailed his heart to the mast, made him weak at the knees
And said "You're coming to live with me on the Darkest of Seas!"

Well that journey was an epic, sailing from There to Here
Across uncharted waters and through whirlpools they steered
With their hands clasped together as they both did their duty
And Antix's mind full of dreams of sweet booty...

Their sloop beached at night and together they landed
Minus one eye, and his belle now one-handed
The journey had been hard on poor Antix's maiden
Fighting off brigands who were trying to raid 'em

They sought out a warm shelter and a flagon of rum
Found an Inn full to brimming with scurvy old scum
When the third mug was down, Old 'tix lost his head
An indecent proposal, and the next day they wed

"A Mistress now Missus!" to the love of his life
"We're joined for eternity, husband and wife
There's just one thing that's bugging me, darling my dear
I don't know yer name after sailing a year!
Better tell me now, keeping it secret is rotten
Then you won't be like my other four wives - best forgotten!"

His lady smiled wide as a weighty young broad
Her eyes shining brightly as his hands went aboard
"Oh Antix, if I tell you now you'll think it's just lies
For now you can just think of me as Your Greatest Prize"

Now No Man Is an Island, I'll tell you that straight
But Women can be a far more mysterious date
Antix had married, loved, became master
Of the spirit of a land they now call Melanaster.

~Whitewyvern, Pirate (aged 12)
Retired, No regrets.

Briggs wrote: 

[Aug 5, 2018 3:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twistedblake

My story didn't win or even finish in the top 3 but i just wanted to post it here incase it amused anyone :)

Antix Love Story

Behind every great man, there’s a great woman and behind every great romance there’s a great love story yearning to be heard. How does one find true love in a dying game? Sure, most people hear of the tales of the hero, but who stops to think about his lovely queen managing from backstage? To best tell this story it’s best to start at the end to give you a glimpse of where this journey will take us.
It was a gloomy, dreary Saturday on the shores of Melanaster. Antix had just finished defending Melanaster for the 10th straight week and as he looked out across his kingdom, he began to smile. Now one might think this was just a smile of satisfaction, as he had triumphed in the great blockade once more, but a sparkle in his eyes told you this was much more. His gaze was fixed on his magnificent queen who stood by him through thick and thin and the look he gave her from afar, told you all that you needed to know. They had achieved greatness. At that point in time the observers knew that Antix and his wife were soulmates.
With any great ending, there’s always a great beginning and Antix was no stranger to making spectacular first impressions (just ask his first 4 pixelated wives). It all started back when Obsidian was just an idea and before it was reality, but Antix decided that he was going to conquer this ocean, because what’s cooler than taking over an ocean named after volcanic glass. Little did Antix know that to reach the peak of success, he’d have to let his heart love again.
Antix set out on his mission sailing the seven seas, pvping any one from the Defiant Armada and having no remorse for the sunken ships he left behind. This continued on for months and months with no pvp win being enough to quench his thirst, but one day as he was preparing his vessel for yet another glorious pvp, there she was. As if Antix was caught in a gaze or trance of sorts, he laid eyes on the most gorgeous one-eyed, peg-legged maiden he had ever seen. The fair maiden approached the frozen Antix and uttered the words that will go down in history as “the words” that changed Antix’s life forever. These uttered words were: “If you’re going out for a pillage may I join you?” Before Antix could speak, she quickly stated her name as being Fiona. Antix, being speechless, just nodded his head in acknowledgement and with a high pitch squeal said: “YESSSS.” There were no more words for the couple to sputter and as they boarded Antix’s sloop, on the docks of Port Venture, they looked over at one another and for a moment in time they both felt safe. As Antix and Fiona sailed around the ocean, they fought many brigands and barbarians and for the first time in a long time Antix found himself enjoying the game and his desire to harm other’s on the seas began to flee from his heart. With Fiona by his side, Antix began building an empire that was sure to last. He began assembling his royalty team with the legendary heroes of old. He called upon Pasteyman the pale, Mtdizzle the mizzle, Majestrate the magician, Martobain the “free-thinker” (as he calls himself), and Vas the baddest vase on your mom’s kitchen counter. Together they became known as Guerilla Warfare and the ocean would never be the same from that point on. As Antix and Fiona continued travelling around, spreading their influence everywhere, Fiona began to wonder as to when Antix would pop the question and ask her to be his pirate bride. As if Antix knew Fiona’s very thoughts, that night after his aspiring flag was wrecked on Melanaster’s opening weekend, he proposed to Fiona. In a flurry of events, they were married later that day and what was supposed to be a day of mourning, became a day of celebration. Now no one can recall how the wedding proceedings went if the priest was even ordained to actually perform the service, but never the less, they were married. When asked how this marriage would be any different from his previous 4 marriages, he answered, “Never before have any of wives been in love with this game as much as I am.”
Now as we travel back to present day and we see the look on Antix’s face as he’s gazing into Madeline’s eyes… WAIT HOLD UP… I THOUGHT IT WAS FIONA! Yes, you see this is his 6th wife. In the end, Antix’s true love and passion was the game itself and no pixelated romance could deter him from his path of true greatness.
-Brocko
[Aug 5, 2018 10:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Hey guys, sorry I've been lax with posting these stories -- on vacation and chose to golf before I posted ;)

Winner - Julie's story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VIRj4pvIwBWW8RgC69OUvrQE92WyPbbto_s1sEAhEaU/edit?usp=sharing

Second place - Whitewyvern's story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QmSWgfEcBdNbAypsqI9AmFBSsfc2P4Gr_psWNsGbwUQ/edit?usp=sharing

Tied third place - Mercurius' story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10UdT1FbtY360IkgvT7tSmK4-LZ-CXZhTTSQIcAdskgc/edit?usp=sharing

Tied third place - Solitude's story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J9S0OiB5md4ObntKrchoV1M6ZbSsnBYKV2dkMVZ7Vs8/edit?usp=sharing

*Solitude, you're the only one yet to claim your prize. Grab it from any royal.
**To all the other contestants, feel at liberty to post your stories on this thread as well.

Thank you all for a great event!
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Aug 6, 2018 11:01:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laryena1

The Queen of Antix’s Dream

I.
The melanaster blew its bubbles,
Consider it Sunk was giving its island no more troubles.

II.
But the battle had been fierce,
And not everyone made it out in one piece.
The lion had been slain,
And Antix was his name!

III.
Pastey put his captain under covers,
And whispered,
‘Sleep well, Anthony.
May you soon recover.’

IV.
Antix fell into a deep sleep,
And dreamed about the girl,
The girl he was destined to meet.

V.
Complex skin,
Wrinkles of the past,
Everyday different,
Never changing fast…

VI.
The werewolves came and died,
And Antix finally revived.

VII.
He looked in the mirror,
And what he saw made him shiver.
For his beard had been shortened a sliver.

VIII.
‘Not the beard!
Now how will I be feared?’
Antix was very upset and said,
‘Pastey, is there any hope left?’

IX.
‘Captain, don't be upset!
I have something interesting that might give you hope yet!
The new boxes have been given a head start.
I've been waiting for you to take them apart!’

X.
‘Pastey, you innocent child.
How could more boxes possibly change my state of mind.
I already have all the animals I want in my menagerie.
Why don’t you just save me from this insanity.’

XI.
‘But captain, I swear to thee.
These boxes are not the same as usually.
There is a rumor there is a new pet.
One that you have never even seen yet.’

XII.
Together they opened a few boxes
And went through a couple of brown foxes.
But alas, the thing they were looking after could not be found,
And so their impatience started to resound.

XIII.
‘No new animals’, cried Antix? ‘This is nasty!’
‘It looks we've been bamboozled’, added Pastey!
‘This is madness!’ grumbled Antix. ‘I'll have a walk.
We're nowhere close to leaving this deadlock.’

XIV.
Antix strolled through the woods.
Sulking and up to no good.
It was getting dark and he would need a place to sleep.
On top of that his tummy made a big eek.

XV.
Suddenly he heard a loud crack,
As something stirred behind his back.
He quickly turned around with a twirl,
And saw before him the shape of a girl.

XVI.
With a sweet voice she uttered:
‘What's the matter?
Please don't fetter!
I know what ye be looking after.’

XVII.
‘Ahoy! From which port do ye hail, and how many years are upon ye?’ he stammered.

XVIII.
‘I'm the Witch of the Wild,
Pleasure to meet.
Here, have something to eat!’

XIX.
‘What is this you have given me?’
‘This is broom flower.
It will make you feel very sweet.’

XX.
Antix didn't trust the shiny weed.
But his stomach said, ‘scupper it,
Give me something to eat!’
And so Antix ate the yummy treat.

XXI.
Antix started to feel dizzy in his head,
And couldn't contemplate
Any of the things the witch even said.
His vision too became upset,
Like the eyes on Drunky's portrait.

XXII.
The Witch of the Wild took his hook,
And guided the schnook to a new part of this book.
They arrived at a grot,
Where he was prophesied to meet his lot.

XXIII.
Antix couldn't believe his eyes,
For there before him was a
Thing he could never have surmised.
A blue piggy with yellow-green eyes!

XXIV.
It was worth all the suffering,
To meet this new pet of him.
The piggy jumped on him and delivered a lick.
Antix thought it was pretty slick.
But didn’t hesitate and kissed the piggy on the mouth.

XXV.
And so it came to be that Antix was enthralled
By the Witch of the Wild,
The piggy he saw in his hallucinations.
Forever to be a puppet of her combobulations.

XXVI.
As the wedding came to an end
She whispered in his ear.
‘By the way,
My real name is Joshsivils!’
And Antix sighed, ‘Oh dear.
The end is near!’

XXVII.
And so Antix and Joshsivils ruled over Melanaster in peace
Until the end of time,
Of the server lease.

The End!
Sen
[Aug 7, 2018 1:54:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates