• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 533 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
DreadedChris

Can't find Obsidian Ocean in the client Reply to this Post

I came back to puzzlepirates after a long time away, and I've been messing about on the green oceans. Somebody told me about Obisidian at some point, so I went and installed the Steam client, made a pirate, and played a little bit.

A couple days later, I want to play again, but first I log into Meridian where I have my Labor Badge so I can play some distilling. I close the regular client and open puzzlepirates from Steam expecting to get Obsidian. Instead I get the new pirate screen. Clicking the 'I already have an account' backarrow gets me the standard list of oceans, and creating a new pirate put me on Meridian!

I don't see any way to get back to Obsidian now. I wanted to check out Obsidian, but not at the cost of never logging into my old pirates again, so... uh... help?
(I do guess I can probably get back to Obsidian if I purge all traces of YPP and reinstall the steam client, though I haven't tried it, and I'm not really interested in going through a process like that every time I want to just switch oceans.)

Thanks fer yer time me hearties!
----------------------------------------
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DreadedChris at Jul 23, 2018 2:42:45 AM]
[Jul 23, 2018 2:42:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Can't find Obsidian Ocean in the client Reply to this Post

Steam Search. Puzzle Pirates Dark Sea's
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Jul 23, 2018 3:56:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Re: Can't find Obsidian Ocean in the client Reply to this Post

Ah-hah. The pirate I created apparently wasn't on Obsidian at all, but on a regular doubloon ocean. (I'm not sure how or why, but when I launched the Steam client again, it didn't send me to the New Pirate Page, but instead showed me the pirate I created the other day. I suppose it would be good to reliably get to him but I don't care that much if he's on Meridian.)

Apparently there are two steam puzzle pirate clients, one for Obsidian and one for everything else.

I say this in case anybody else is in a similar pickle, mostly, but also so Filthyjake or anyone else can correct me if I still misapprehend the situation.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Jul 23, 2018 4:10:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates