• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3939 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
majestrate

Guerrilla Warfare: Our Plans for Melanaster Reply to this Post

GW (Guerrilla Warfare) recognizes that the 1 percenters of the ocean have asked that the Gallery on Melanaster be completed. After a bit of internal discussion it was decided that, for the proper growth of the island, there are more important things that need to be built first.

The obvious #FakeNews responses are going to be "you just want to build a larger fleet". All ships that are built for GW's flag use will only be used to defend Melanaster for as long as we hold the island.

As to our plans for building out the infrastructure, we are going to start with 3 bazaars (Weavery, Shipyard, and Apothecary), then we're going to build a Shipyard shoppe. Once all of that is done, we will build the Furnisher bazaar. Beyond that is undecided, but once we know, this post (or thread) will be updated.

We are focusing on building out the bazaars first because those are the backbone to any island's economy.

If people want to continue tarting about the gallery, I am more than happy to collect your tears. They fuel the bulldozer that is going to remove the Gallery construction site.

As a reminder, here is a link to GW's intent for Melanaster:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=208274#2720796

UPDATE: The order of building the bazaars has changed to Shipyard and then Weavery after I went to sleep. As Algol pointed out, a Shipyard bazaar will allow everyone to purchase maps to get around.

There is another update regarding the Gallery, and you can read it here:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=208319&offset=20#2721137

<GH, all petitions have been closed, please do not remove the construction site>

I'm off to have a few drinks with my bulldozer now, as he's a bit sad at the moment ;)
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jul 22, 2018 8:35:01 AM]
[Jul 21, 2018 6:48:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Guerrilla Warfare: Our Plans for Melanaster Reply to this Post

Wow that took all of a few hours. The whole ocean benefits from free whisks to that arc that the gallery would provide.

My apologies for jobbing with GW, today.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Jul 21, 2018 7:01:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Wow that took all of a few hours. The whole ocean benefits from free whisks to that arc that the gallery would provide.

*clicks "Apply for Citizenship" to any island in YBBM and tears up your argument in one sentence*

Bring on the bazaars.

(edited for accuracy)
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grinfish at Jul 21, 2018 7:12:22 PM]
[Jul 21, 2018 7:10:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Filthyjake wrote: 

If you need a whisk to the "Ye Bloody Bounding Main" archipelago, feel free to ask any of our royals or titled members for one. We're happy to oblige as long as we aren't in the middle of something already.

If that isn't good enough for you, Filthyjake, then find me in-game and I'll give you a whisk potion. I know it's super expensive, but for you, I'll find a way to manage the cost.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Jul 21, 2018 7:20:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

It's much easier to own a house in Ye Bloody Bounding Main. You can then whisk to any inhabited island for free.

You can click 'Go to stronghold' from your crew tab, and from the stronghold there's a whisk to Port Venture. At Port Venture there's a whisk to the opposing stronghold.
[Jul 21, 2018 7:25:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bauds

Houses there are not cheap at all, and when labour alts make maybe 15-20k a month if that with current dub prices, those cheap whisks for one pirate can eat into your profits. Plus there are pirates who rarely play, or say once or twice a week. It depends how much you whisk, maybe it is just me whisking between arches once or twice every time I log on :D
Bauds of Obsidian, formerly Cerulean and before that Midnight.
[Jul 21, 2018 7:35:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

The obvious #FakeNews responses are going to be "you just want to build a larger fleet". All ships that are built for GW's flag use will only be used to defend Melanaster for as long as we hold the island.

Ignoring the fact that you used the phrase "fake news" on an issue that many will want to know details on...what happens to the ships if/when you lose Melanaster? Do they get sold on? As you've stated - they can only be used to defend Melanaster...

Secondly, your next paragraph mentions building a Shipyard shoppe. On the presumption (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this shoppe will be reserved for GW fleet details for defending Mela, are there plans to open a SY shoppe that services the ocean, in some format (even if it just your own personal alliance ring).

Congrats once again on your win.
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Jul 21, 2018 7:42:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bauds

Oh congrats too, I had work but apparently your flag fought well for it!
Bauds of Obsidian, formerly Cerulean and before that Midnight.
[Jul 21, 2018 7:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Filthyjake wrote: 

If you need a whisk to the "Ye Bloody Bounding Main" archipelago, feel free to ask any of our royals or titled members for one. We're happy to oblige as long as we aren't in the middle of something already.

If that isn't good enough for you, Filthyjake, then find me in-game and I'll give you a whisk potion. I know it's super expensive, but for you, I'll find a way to manage the cost.

Its all of 50 hours from done per one of your managers, no reason to not finish it. Galleys are great. Build your ship yards they will get shut down next week. Its all good your guys said it would be finished in the stream at 2hr's 50 min in the stream here

"The Gallery stays" straight out of the mouth of one of your royals
"We are a flag of the people what the people want we will give them"

Those whisks will increase shop activity, the first player island centrally located likely to become the main island of the whole ocean if people can whisk to it.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

[Jul 21, 2018 7:48:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Blighty wrote: 
Ignoring the fact that you used the phrase "fake news" on an issue that many will want to know details on...what happens to the ships if/when you lose Melanaster? Do they get sold on? As you've stated - they can only be used to defend Melanaster?

maj wrote: 
All ships that are built for GW's flag use will only be used to defend Melanaster for as long as we hold the island.

I?m not certain how to make it more clear that we have no intention of building a war fleet with the Shipyard shoppe while we own Melanaster. If we lose the island then we no longer hold it, freeing the ships up for use as GW sees fit.

Blighty wrote: 
Secondly, your next paragraph mentions building a Shipyard shoppe. On the presumption (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this shoppe will be reserved for GW fleet details for defending Mela, are there plans to open a SY shoppe that services the ocean, in some format (even if it just your own personal alliance ring).

This is the point of why we decided that the shipyard shoppe we open will not be used to build a war fleet. Because if we used it for that, then no one else would be able to order ships. Admittedly, throughput will be slow to start, because we do have to get a defense fleet built (unless of course CiS and its allies have no intention of dropping on the island until after GW plans have come to fruition, but I doubt that to be the case).

Blighty wrote: 

Doesn?t really sound like you mean it, but I?ll take it, thank you!

Bauds wrote: 

My apologies, I completely misunderstood your post. Thank you for the congrats. Both sides fought quite hard and I think we got lucky with the board layout in rd2, in addition to the jobber advantage.

I'm not sure what that means. But I don't believe I ever claimed that GW won without jobber support? If you feel that we did not provide you sufficient appreciation for your effort, then I personally apologize.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

Vas wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jul 21, 2018 8:11:17 PM]
[Jul 21, 2018 8:06:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Detex

Hi Jake.

Its all of 50 hours from done per one of your managers, no reason to not finish it.

Thank you for using the lower end of the 50-55 hour spectrum that I told you it'd finish in. It's a great start to your argument.

no reason to not finish it

We'd rather build the economy, rather than have a convenience you already have, as mentioned by Grinfish. If we let this Gallery finish, some bazaars will probably not be finished by next Saturday forcing stall owners not to produce anything to the economy.

Galleys are great.

Galleys are indeed great.

Build your ship yards they will get shut down next week.

It takes 14 days for a shipyard to get shut down.

Pasteyman said at 2:50:55 when Pika asked "Can I get a confirmation that the Gallery is not going to get dusted", Pastey replies "I cannot confirm that".

Those whisks will increase shop activity

Not if there isnt any shops.

We will build a Gallery eventually. Like you said, there is no reason not to. However, there are always priorities, and the bazaars come first.
[Jul 21, 2018 8:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

You need bazaar’s and shoppes to make it an island with an economy worth whisking too, we can all agree on that.

Housing and a Gallery will definitely come, but the economy needs to be there first.
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Jul 21, 2018 8:16:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Filthyjake wrote: 
Its all of 50 hours from done per one of your managers, no reason to not finish it. Galleys are great. Build your ship yards they will get shut down next week. Its all good your guys said it would be finished in the stream at 2hr's 50 min in the stream here

"We are a flag of the people what the people want we will give them"

It's not 50 labor hours from being done. At 4pm game time it was ~2,100 labor hours from being done. In the amount of time it would have taken to build a Gallery, there could have been almost 2 bazaars built (please correct me if I'm wrong, I did quick math and didn't double-check anything). But they weren't, because there was no guarantee that the island would be held. GW is taking the necessary risk to get the bazaars built so that shoppes can be established. Once that's done, then we can deal with allowing people to use Melanaster for free whisks to other islands.

Filthyjake wrote: 
Those whisks will increase shop activity, the first player island centrally located likely to become the main island of the whole ocean if people can whisk to it.

Yes, the whisks will increase shopping, but first we need the bazaars and shoppes to be built. If that means that we do the work that's needed to build the necessary infrastructure, and take the black-eye for it, then I guess that's what happens.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

Vas wrote: 

[Jul 21, 2018 8:25:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

I?d like to be clear we are being the most transparent flag with our island plans and open to feedback on our decisions but it?s felt that the reasoning for building bazaar?s and shoppes first to promote the economy before constructing housing is the main priority for Melanaster at this time.

I received quite a high volume of /tells from people after the blockade requesting more bazaars are opened as soon as possible. We were also of the view that the economy was still not developed enough to start placing housing.

Additionally please also remember not only will we be building housing including a gallery at a later date, a majority of the shoppes we build will be given out in events.

Thank you to everyone who jobbed for Guerrilla Warfare today, you were all incredible and the numbers who turned out were amazing. We hope to see you all again (probably) next weekend.
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Jul 21, 2018 9:18:22 PM]
[Jul 21, 2018 9:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

I'm not a massive forum poster, as you can see from my 20? posts, but I'm currently in ypp prison for another day, so I haven't been around to offer my formal thanks to Consider it Sunk on an amazing two weekends of blockading. I appreciate those from CiS who have publicly congratulated us both here and in private, and say thank you for giving us the opportunity to go up against such a worthy opponent. I think we can all agree that a round that isn't decided until the last minute is really exciting, and it's what makes blockading the best feature & competition of this game.

The reason of this thread is to open up the discussion of our island plans to the ocean. The reasons behind what we're doing are indeed open to discourse, and we welcome challenges against our ideas, because that's the only way to gain a larger perspective. We welcome both suggestions here, and through tells in game to any of our royal & title members, whether you have an idea for what you think might be good for the island, or a criticism of what we're doing, it's good to have a civil discussion about it.

As soon as I am free from suspension, I will announce the first event for our shoppe give-away, and I think you will not be disappointed.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jul 22, 2018 12:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

It's not 50 labor hours from being done. At 4pm game time it was ~2,100 labor hours from being done

It is 50 hours from beiing done. Wich is about 1.8 days, me and jake's math end up about the same give or take a few hours.

You need bazaar?s and shoppes to make it an island with an economy worth whisking too, we can all agree on that.

it's not about melanaster alone. It's about freely moving between melanaster-loggerhead-magpie. Setting your home at PV. and beiing able to get to your stronghold. all for free with no downtime.

By the time an OM logs on today u will have well crossed the line of a bazaar not beiing faster to build then to let this finish.

EDDDDDIT: i just had to reread your original first post again, such a shame.
Me and betty invited both parties yesterday into the stream for a 143 unique viewers(wich is a lot ypp standard wise). I believe we listend to 2 sets of honest and passioned brothers.

From CIS we heard a repeat of their well outlined plan of the island.

From GW we heard "transparacy". And idd we didn't get a comfirmation if the gallery was staying. So closing it down is in their good right either way.

But maybe your flag needs to rethink who does the PR on the forums, because god you are awfull. Instantly full defence and attack, so hostile. You talk about the "tarting one percenters" don't forget it's those people who you gotta keep happy in the dark back alley, those are the people who can make your cade life a living hell.

We'd rather build the economy, rather than have a convenience you already have, as mentioned by Grinfish. If we let this Gallery finish, some bazaars will probably not be finished by next Saturday forcing stall owners not to produce anything to the economy.

I don't understand why their would be a deadline by saturday to finish bazaars? if you can not succesfully defend the island. The bazaars will still be build....

All in all it was a great cade and loved to stream it with betty, I just don't understand this extreem hostile post from GW. Maybe i mised something after i went to bed.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pikapyah at Jul 22, 2018 3:53:12 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 12:53:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Pasteyman said at 2:50:55 when Pika asked "Can I get a confirmation that the Gallery is not going to get dusted", Pastey replies "I cannot confirm that".

And when Betty repeats the question seconds after? the other brother states "the galley stays", its ok you don't have to keep your word its a pirate game.

thank you for using the lower end of the 50-55 hour spectrum that I told you it'd finish in. It's a great start to your argument.

50-55 so sry the whole 5 extra hours is gona mess up every thing. Seeing that it is still up its now less then 50 hours. Well should have/would have been but seems my hours are not going there as its my highest paying jobs

I received quite a high volume of /tells from people after the blockade requesting more bazaars are opened as soon as possible. We were also of the view that the economy was still not developed enough to start placing housing.

Hope they show up and help you defend because not keeping your word is normally cost you jobber support.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Jul 22, 2018 4:06:11 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 4:03:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Pika wrote: 
maj wrote: 
It's not 50 labor hours from being done. At 4pm game time it was ~2,100 labor hours from being done

It is 50 hours from beiing done. Wich is about 1.8 days, me and jake's math end up about the same give or take a few hours.

Yes, ~2 days to finish. The point was that we weren't talking 50 labor hours. 2 days to complete a building is a lot of time that could have been spent on the construction of more important things.

Pika wrote: 
Antix wrote: 
You need bazaar's and shoppes to make it an island with an economy worth whisking too, we can all agree on that.

it's not about melanaster alone. It's about freely moving between melanaster-loggerhead-magpie. Setting your home at PV. and beiing able to get to your stronghold. all for free with no downtime.

If it was so important to have a Gallery in the arch, then why build 2 SY shoppes on Magpie? One of those could have been a Gallery instead.

Pika wrote: 
EDDDDDIT: i just had to reread your original first post again, such a shame.
Me and betty invited both parties yesterday into the stream for a 143 unique viewers(wich is a lot ypp standard wise). I believe we listend to 2 sets of honest and passioned brothers.

From CIS we heard a repeat of their well outlined plan of the island.

From GW we heard "transparacy". And idd we didn't get a comfirmation if the gallery was staying. So closing it down is in their good right either way.

But maybe your flag needs to rethink who does the PR on the forums, because god you are awfull. Instantly full defence and attack, so hostile. You talk about the "tarting one percenters" don't forget it's those people who you gotta keep happy in the dark back alley, those are the people who can make your cade life a living hell.

Antix wrote: 

I don't understand why their would be a deadline by saturday to finish bazaars? if you can not succesfully defend the island. The bazaars will still be build....

All in all it was a great cade and loved to stream it with betty, I just don't understand this extreem hostile post from GW. Maybe i mised something after i went to bed.

And here it is. Exactly the type of #FakeNews post that was expected. I guess that since we were transparent in what would happen with the island, via the original post, you couldn't really flame us for looking to put a SY shoppe up.

I knew your post pre-edit was too good to be true. I had found myself impressed that you hadn't tried to create some fake drama. But, I guess you couldn't resist. Such a shame.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

Vas wrote: 

[Edit 2 times, last edit by majestrate at Jul 22, 2018 4:21:41 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 4:05:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

Blighty wrote: 
Ignoring the fact that you used the phrase "fake news" on an issue that many will want to know details on...what happens to the ships if/when you lose Melanaster? Do they get sold on? As you've stated - they can only be used to defend Melanaster?

maj wrote: 
All ships that are built for GW's flag use will only be used to defend Melanaster for as long as we hold the island.

I?m not certain how to make it more clear that we have no intention of building a war fleet with the Shipyard shoppe while we own Melanaster. If we lose the island then we no longer hold it, freeing the ships up for use as GW sees fit.

Blighty wrote: 

This is the point of why we decided that the shipyard shoppe we open will not be used to build a war fleet. Because if we used it for that, then no one else would be able to order ships. Admittedly, throughput will be slow to start, because we do have to get a defense fleet built (unless of course CiS and its allies have no intention of dropping on the island until after GW plans have come to fruition, but I doubt that to be the case).

Blighty wrote: 

Doesn?t really sound like you mean it, but I?ll take it, thank you!

Bauds wrote: 

My apologies, I completely misunderstood your post. Thank you for the congrats. Both sides fought quite hard and I think we got lucky with the board layout in rd2, in addition to the jobber advantage.

I'm not sure what that means. But I don't believe I ever claimed that GW won without jobber support? If you feel that we did not provide you sufficient appreciation for your effort, then I personally apologize.

There was no malice with any of the above, I just wanted to ask a few questions as I didn't fully understand your post. I appreciate your answers and I do genuinely say congrats on your win - no salt here.
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Jul 22, 2018 5:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Blighty wrote: 
There was no malice with any of the above, I just wanted to ask a few questions as I didn't fully understand your post. I appreciate your answers and I do genuinely say congrats on your win - no salt here.

Thank you for the congrats Blighty, as has been said many times, your flag and jobbers were wonderful on the blockade board and we all gave the ocean some great entertainment. My apologies for misconstruing your post for something that you didn't intend it to be.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

Vas wrote: 

[Jul 22, 2018 5:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I find the idea of building any form of housing before finishing up the bazaars to be just crazy. I can't play on obsidian so I couldn't tell what was going on, but the extremely slow building of the island puzzled me, now I understand.

I'm not even sure that it makes sense to build any housing before the furnisher bazaar is ready because you can use furniture to decorate your stall and vessels.

Of course, housing should come, but I can't see it coming first.

Ok, a couple of points.

First, getting a shipyard bazaar built will let people buy charts allowing you to sail from loggerhead to magpie.

Second, don't forget that a tailor bazaar needs to be built, I would probably put that ahead of the furnisher, but not by much

Third, just post wages of 1/1/1 for the gallery. those players that want to throw hours toward it can do so.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jul 22, 2018 5:42:56 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 5:31:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Clearly many people in this thread, have no clue how to properly run an island with all these complaints. Lets build a Gallery! instead of a Fort! Why is there no Gallery how can I whisk :(((

If you don't like how they run islands, just drop instead of complaining 15 years passed and this still happens rup :/
I love Honey

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Add Skilled swabbies for SMHs/flotillas!
[Jul 22, 2018 6:24:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilverSurfa

I think it’s ludicrous anyone who really cares about the running of an island would be up in arms about a Gallery being removed, which should not have been placed before the bazaars were at least finished first.

How many people can even afford a Gallery anyway? It’s not even an affordable housing option for most of us. I am glad you guys are focusing on supporting us stall owners to get the island up and running to produce items that would attract people to come and use your island, before placing what is for most people unaffordable housing.
The Silver Surfer ~ Cerulean/Obsidian
[Jul 22, 2018 6:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Clearly many people in this thread, have no clue how to properly run an island with all these complaints. Lets build a Gallery! instead of a Fort! Why is there no Gallery how can I whisk :(((

If you don't like how they run islands, just drop instead of complaining 15 years passed and this still happens rup :/

Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Jul 22, 2018 6:28:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Gallery has 2 L's :P
I love Honey

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Add Skilled swabbies for SMHs/flotillas!
[Jul 22, 2018 6:35:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thomas91

Hi all, the rogue royal of Guerrilla Warfare checking in. I would like to sincerely apologize that I misled the people on the stream with what I said regarding the gallery initially. Please believe it was well-intentioned. I was under the impression that we were leaving the gallery up and in the midst of the cade I did not bother checking for the stream. From being banned, to the late nights of hustling for jobber support to taking on one of the most powerful and iconic flags on Obsidian it has been a draining week. This is not an excuse for why I misspoke but just some context for the situation I was in.

I did, however not misspeak when I said GW is the flag of the people and we want to be as transparent as possible in our island plans and work with everyone to make sure it is an island that we can all be proud of. We look forward to running events for shoppes, not based on jobbing support but on the creativity and talent of the player base.

Furthermore I have been working tirelessly in the background to #freetheGallery, this combined with some of the mixed feedback we have received has been enough to convince my flag mates to keep the Gallery open for construction, we would appreciate if you could all bring your labour alts so we can get this finished and crack on with getting those much needed bazaars in place!

P.S. I want it on record that I fought for the Game of Thrones theme. CiS hit me up ????
The most inglorious of basterds, Mtdizzle

Viridian famous in 2008, Magicaltouch
[Jul 22, 2018 8:05:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Algol wrote: 
First, getting a shipyard bazaar built will let people buy charts allowing you to sail from loggerhead to magpie.

Second, don't forget that a tailor bazaar needs to be built, I would probably put that ahead of the furnisher, but not by much

Appreciate that tip Algol. That was actually addressed while I was sleeping. The SY bazaar is being built now and the Weavery bazaar will follow that. The furnisher is still on the table. If people want a tailor first, we ask that they let us know in a polite manner :D
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

Vas wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jul 22, 2018 8:27:46 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 8:27:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Great stuff. In my eyes, the things u said on the stream was never a solid comfirmation for me, because i knew u guys had just won the large island minutes before. So in the euforia u could have said things w/o checking in first.

So i don't want any party's to be scared to hop in our stream because they don't wanna say anything that's not 100% right or checked up.

My point came from the fact that i'm the bigest supporter of a gallery and it was already half way build.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pikapyah at Jul 22, 2018 8:32:49 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 8:28:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

In the amount of time it would have taken to build a Gallery, there could have been almost 2 bazaars built (please correct me if I'm wrong, I did quick math and didn't double-check anything).

fyi;

Here is the list of relevant basic/skilled/expert labor hours:
wayne@hipbone: $ ./list_recipe_labor construct | grep  -i -e "gallery\|bazaar"
Gallery Construction 1800 700 600 = 3100 = 2.9days
Furnisher Bazaar Construction 1000 400 500 = 1900 = 1.8days
Tailor Bazaar Construction 900 900 300 = 2100 = 1.9days
Shipyard Bazaar Construction 2100 600 300 = 3000 = 2.8days
Iron Monger Bazaar Construction 900 300 200 = 1400 = 1.3days
Distillery Bazaar Construction 900 300 150 = 1350 = 1.2days
Weavery Bazaar Construction 750 600 100 = 1450 = 1.3days
Apothecary Bazaar Construction 600 225 100 = 925 = 0.9day

As you can see, a gallery takes a total of 3100 labor-hours, while a SY bazaar takes 3000, so almost the same. On the other hand, smaller bazaars like the apoth only take 925 labor-hours.

I don't see any reason to get rid of the gallery construction site. You aren't going to get the commods back nor the sunk labor. Just set the wages for construction to 1/1/1 and let the ocean players build it if they think it is so important.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jul 22, 2018 8:36:34 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 8:34:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

I don't see any reason to get rid of the gallery construction site. You aren't going to get the commods back nor the sunk labor. Just set the wages for construction to 1/1/1 and let the ocean players build it if they think it is so important.

+1/1/1. Let those who want it, build it. Let the majority build the things the island actually needs.

EDIT: Some of y'all might want to divert your labour to assisting in repairing the significant voyage stock depletion in progress.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grinfish at Jul 22, 2018 8:54:38 AM]
[Jul 22, 2018 8:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates