• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 589 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
hidemyhoney

Remove 20k-200k from all oceans Reply to this Post

Since the success of pokering in Obsidian has come, with removing 20-200k tables I suggest that this can be implemented on all oceans, players on Obsidian have been working hard for their poe, instead of sitting in an inn and just pokering away.
Poker has also been an inaugural part of the game causing, Rage quit, Broke, Risk, Gamble, Greed, Easier to lose money painlessly, On-line poker can be addicting – or creates a bad habit forming, Loss of Personal Interaction, Monotony Breeds Mechanical Play, Easier to get Distracted, Faster losses, and players quitting. I feel with what Obsidian has implemented for a year and honestly its been a success getting players onto boats by removing 20-200k poker. I would love to see more of this on classic oceans as well.
----------------------------------------
Heckle

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Greedy bashing is the result of no SMHs! (remove officer badge when greedy bashing is ovar)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Jul 20, 2018 5:48:24 PM]
[Jul 20, 2018 5:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Remove 20k-200k from all oceans Reply to this Post

I strongly disagree, if there are wager caps on poker it should be on SF hearts, TD, Spades, Rumble and every other parlor game. Poker isn't evil. May be a reason more people are on other oceans they like what it has to offer. Obsidian is not the same as the others and it shouldn't be it creates options.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Jul 20, 2018 6:55:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I strongly disagree, if there are wager caps on poker it should be on SF hearts, TD, Spades, Rumble and every other parlor game. Poker isn't evil. May be a reason more people are on other oceans they like what it has to offer. Obsidian is not the same as the others and it shouldn't be it creates options.

Wager caps I agree with, if poker being restricted I can agree to as well. Obsidian needs a new goal, with the poker thing I stated before being a success. I think Obsidian can follow a SMH pathway instead of the forced PvP aspect.
Heckle

Greedy bashing is the result of no SMHs! (remove officer badge when greedy bashing is ovar)
[Jul 20, 2018 9:25:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

Why cap wagers? git gud
[Jul 20, 2018 11:05:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Why cap wagers? git gud

Whether someone is For or Against a cap on wagers speaks nothing of their puzzling/parlour skills.

Personally I don't care much since I'm seldom on the tables, but yes I agree with Filthyjake. It'd be a lot more consistent if rakes/caps were applied across all tables. It's odd that someone cannot buy-in at 200k, yet easily wager millions in a single SF match (without rake too)
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jul 20, 2018 11:45:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

OP:

Since the success of pokering in Obsidian has come, with removing 20-200k tables I suggest that this can be implemented on all oceans, players on Obsidian have been working hard for their poe, instead of sitting in an inn and just pokering away.

OP:

Wager caps I agree with, if poker being restricted I can agree to as well. Obsidian needs a new goal, with the poker thing I stated before being a success. I think Obsidian can follow a SMH pathway instead of the forced PvP aspect.

While I fully agree the pvp system is failed, I do not see a connection in removing poker tables on other oceans providing Obsidian a new goal since they have nothing to do with one and other.

Eyes:

Why cap wagers? git gud

I am not for capping any wagers but its unfair that I can't play a high stakes poker hand but hearts is ok, or SF or any of the other parlor games, the same appplys to poker git gud and don't tilt..

Ryuken:

I agree with Filthyjake

had to re-read that

It'd be a lot more consistent if rakes/caps were applied across all tables. It's odd that someone cannot buy-in at 200k, yet easily wager millions in a single SF match (without rake too)

This is the real issue why tax or rake one type of wager? All should have the rake and the rake should be on all oceans. The house allays takes a cut. Even better make the games free and move to a wager badge but that is a different topic
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Jul 21, 2018 4:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

It'd be a lot more consistent if rakes/caps were applied across all tables. It's odd that someone cannot buy-in at 200k, yet easily wager millions in a single SF match (without rake too)

This is the real issue why tax or rake one type of wager? All should have the rake and the rake should be on all oceans. The house allays takes a cut. Even better make the games free and move to a wager badge but that is a different topic

+1 to a poker rake to all oceans, maybe a higher rake on classic oceans, due to 20-200k tables to be more consistant
Heckle

[Jul 21, 2018 7:13:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Bump

Still nothing has been done about poker problem on the classic oceans, where players still sit on tables, and less voyages have been run. At least a rake?
Heckle

[Sep 16, 2018 5:00:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingerr1

No need to remove the table just add rake to 20k-200k table.
Add rake to all gamble related actions.
And add 10k-100k table on Obsidian (with rake obviously) because it is worthless like 20-200 poe tables.
[Sep 16, 2018 8:06:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenithar

A rake to all stake-based activities of 5-10% would be a wonderful, not terribly impacting gold sink - which would help both the economy and the doub prices without having to nerf payouts across the ocean activities.

I'm surprised Obsidian didn't have a global rake when it got put in for poker.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zenithar at Sep 16, 2018 8:13:40 AM]
[Sep 16, 2018 8:13:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Poker is one of the reasons Emerald is still somewhat populated. If you rake it or remove it you'll speed up the dying process by a significant amount. Don't remove poker.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Sep 16, 2018 10:25:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates