• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7907 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Re: Have spawns and the booty ramp been impacted by the swabbie change? Reply to this Post

Bump...

Repairs still needed please. Information appreciated.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Oct 19, 2018 3:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Re: Have spawns and the booty ramp been impacted by the swabbie change? Reply to this Post

[Oct 19, 2018 7:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Stan, while I think you make a valid point, you should have made it with the chocolate hatted monkey, not the shadow monkey. The shadow monkey is fantastic.

Not even being sarcastic right now. :P
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Oct 20, 2018 8:09:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

We attempted a BK we got from a battle mid Pillage. Madam, Xebec. Seems like the odds were heavily stacked against us.

I do admit those 2 and a half rows of damage severely put us at a disadvantage, something told me we weren't going to win anyway

Please make pillaging bearable and do something about this ghost swabbie bug. The most I've ever gotten on a full baghlah from a BK that wasn't spawned via compass was 30 bots before the update, and those were already a challenge.
[Oct 27, 2018 8:18:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Did i miss the communication on this MAJOR game issue? Surely a plan is in place, a fix on the horizon, a reset to what it once was anything but ignoring plea's of the players for information regarding a central part of the game.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Nov 2, 2018 9:44:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Did i miss the communication on this MAJOR game issue? Surely a plan is in place, a fix on the horizon, a reset to what it once was anything but ignoring plea's of the players for information regarding a central part of the game.

+9999999

Were getting neglected guys....
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Nov 2, 2018 2:59:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Forculus was like:

[Nov 3, 2018 8:00:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

I guess they weren't kidding when they called it the Wild Seas.

and even when we thought it wouldn't get worse

If I fill the rest of the boat with swabbies, the amazing pay mechanics will heavily penalize us. If we don't use swabbies and we don't have a full ship, this happens with the frays. and we are still penalized in the pay for reasons I don't understand. If a single pirate leaves the ship, the pay drops significantly. Surely this was not the intention of the July swabbie update 4 months ago.

We'll keep entertaining these amazing puzzlers and paying jobbers out of pocket so they can make a little more than 500 poe for puzzling for 10 minutes in a battle. If it's not too inconvenient, please look into this glitch so we can go back to enjoying this game again.

My name is Stan, and I still love pillaging.
[Nov 5, 2018 9:33:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Does this issue exist when the slider isn't tilled to hard? Perhaps this is one of the issues. I move stock on ships when occasionally engaged wild seas or not my ship out number the attacking ship. MG vs Xbec I have more pirates. MB vs WB I have more pirates.

Even solo pillaging on a Faunch MB attacks and my ship out numbers the attackers, I don't have the slider altered for difficulty as i am just out for fun. The pay sucks but again its fun not for money.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Nov 6, 2018 6:32:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

I'll be honest, I haven't ran a pillage where the sliders weren't set all the way to the Very Hard/Very Hard in years. If we get some acknowledgement that running pillages at the hardest difficulties is permanently broken and no fixed will be released, I'll move over to running difficult one. My reputation is centered around running pillages are fun and make people enough PoE to be able to at least afford to renew their badges without pulling out their credit cards. Low paying pillages can indeed be fun but we've always had the high difficulty/high reward option and ignoring this bug has taken that away from a lot of us.

For the SMH lovers who can't relate, imagine a bug that takes away Citadels, Graveyards, Archelons and Ghost Frigates. Or Foraging or Eggs from CIs and KHs, you'll still be to enjoy your voyages but the fun/challenge aspect would most likely be gone.
[Nov 6, 2018 7:02:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

bump

While I'm not one to call for GH to tell me everything going on with the game, would it be possible to let the player base know whether or not ship strength/melee size/payouts are behaving as expected or if it's being investigated? Would also like to know if we can simply expect a rotation of boxes at this point or if bug fixes/changes/new content are being developed (understandable if it's going to take longer than normal, just want to know if it's even happening)
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Nov 22, 2018 7:16:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

bump

While I'm not one to call for GH to tell me everything going on with the game, would it be possible to let the player base know whether or not ship strength/melee size/payouts are behaving as expected or if it's being investigated? Would also like to know if we can simply expect a rotation of boxes at this point or if bug fixes/changes/new content are being developed (understandable if it's going to take longer than normal, just want to know if it's even happening)

Been over 6 months for GH to do something about this issue, but the only thing that has been done has been a 50% off in a DLC, don't know if its a way to make players ignore all issues in the game or another way to keep ignoring what we really need....
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Nov 22, 2018 1:07:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Edit: I may have jumped the gun on this one, seems like the one thing in common with those pillages were that I jobbed just about everyone which included Greenies, which spawned us easier ships. I ran a sloop pillage today with 5-7 Yellow named pirates with decent stats, Spawned 4 Long ships and a Baghlah.

Some good news for, though only mere speculation since we haven't heard any official word on this yet...

I have noticed an improvement (or more accurately, some return to semi-normalcy) on the harder routes of the game. The Fanchuan Pillages I ran on the Wild Seas were spawning only War Brigs since the swabbie update, but in the last two days, here are the spawns I've experienced.

(12/23)1. Fanchuan (11) v. War Brig (15)
2. Fanchuan (12) v. Junk (16)
3. Fanchuan (12) v. Junk (17)
4. Fanchuan (12) v. Junk (17)
5. Fanchuan (12) v. War Brig (16)

(12/23) 1. Fanchuan (12) v. Junk (15)
2. Fanchuan (12) v. Merchant Brig (17)
3. Fanchuan (12) v. Merchant Brig (17)
4. Fanchuan (12) v. Merchant Brig (17)
5. Fanchuan (12) v. War Brig (16)

(12/24) 1. Fanchuan (12) v. War Brig (15) - Loss
2. Fanchuan (12) v. War Brig (15) - Reengage
3. Fanchuan (12) v. Merchant Brig (17)
4. Fanchuan (12) v. Merchant Brig (17)
5. Fanchuan (12) v. War Brig (17)
5. Fanchuan (12) v. Baghlah (17)

------------Emerald Ocean's Osprey Arch--------------------
(12/24) 1. Sloop (7) v. Cutter (10)
2. Sloop (7) v. Dhow (10)
3. Sloop (7) v. Fanchuan (10)
4. Sloop (7) v. Fanchuan (10)
Prior to the most recent update, in my experience, the Fanchuans were only receiving War Brig spawns regardless of how many pirates/swabbies were aboard and the full sloops were receiving Longships and Baghlah Spawns. The payout has been incredible too averaging about 2.2k initial cuts per jobber each battle other than the first which is very normal, though I don't have exact figures on that.

Since the change, in my opinion, felt too drastic to be a mere coincidence, I'd like to say thank you to those responsible for it. I will attempt Brigand Kings and ships that are not full on my next voyages to see what the spawns and payout are and post logs here
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stan5 at Dec 25, 2018 8:23:49 AM]
[Dec 25, 2018 2:47:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates