• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 858 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Sovereignty

Option To Disable Auto-Switching Ahoy! Tab Reply to this Post

Add an option to disable auto-switching to the Ahoy! tab when a notification is present.

This weekend there have been a bunch of competitions and these competitions force-switch the currently selected UI tab to the Ahoy! tab.

I'd like an option in the settings that disabled this (ideally retaining the flashing notification), as the switch can be distracting, and sometimes annoying.
[Jul 8, 2018 4:57:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Option To Disable Auto-Switching Ahoy! Tab Reply to this Post

Add an option to disable auto-switching to the Ahoy! tab when a notification is present.

This weekend there have been a bunch of competitions and these competitions force-switch the currently selected UI tab to the Ahoy! tab.

I'd like an option in the settings that disabled this (ideally retaining the flashing notification), as the switch can be distracting, and sometimes annoying.

+1
----------------------------------------
I love Honey

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Add Skilled swabbies for SMHs/flotillas!
[Jul 8, 2018 7:57:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

As small as it is, the auto-switching to the 'Ahoy!' tab for competitions annoys me to no end!
[Jul 9, 2018 4:09:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

+1

+2!
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 9, 2018 2:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

+1

+2!

+3

I think the annoying thing is during comps you dismiss the pop up cause you don't want to play then it comes back when it starts q.q
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Jul 9, 2018 6:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

I think the annoying thing is during comps you dismiss the pop up cause you don't want to play then it comes back when it starts q.q

This. Personally I'm fine with being pulled over. It's predominantly a notification tab after all, akin to how notifications pop up on your mobile.

But coming back after you've only recently dismissed it. Grr.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jul 9, 2018 6:41:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I've complained about this since comps came out. It is VERY annoying while doing trade runs. You know you are about to get a spawn so you hover your mouse over the "turn around" button, only to have a stupid comp come up and you have to scramble.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jul 10, 2018 4:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

I will say, for me, auto-switching to Ahoy tab for TH when gunning on back wall SMH is also quite annoying. An option to shut off the auto-switch would be something I would love.
Grumbles on all oceans
[Jul 17, 2018 5:46:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Large tournaments, like a Swordfighting Coloured Familiar tournament, for example, don't pop up on your Ahoy! tab. It doesn't really make sense why a competition for rigging and weaving with a prize of a pie and a blue grey chroma pops up on my Ahoy! tab twice.

The idea could be considered to just advertise competitions like you would advertise any on-land tournament.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jul 17, 2018 11:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Large tournaments, like a Swordfighting Coloured Familiar tournament, for example, don't pop up on your Ahoy! tab. It doesn't really make sense why a competition for rigging and weaving with a prize of a pie and a blue grey chroma pops up on my Ahoy! tab twice.

The idea could be considered to just advertise competitions like you would advertise any on-land tournament.

Yes, exactly. Landlubbin' tournaments are broadcast over the chat interface. It makes a lot of sense to broadcast competitions in the same way. However, we would need to address access for joining. Most mates do not have a tournament board aboard their ships, and tournaments are played at sea. The "Ahoy!" tab provides a convenient button for anyone to join. So we need to think about how that access could still be provided without the nagging and focus-stealing.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jul 17, 2018 12:31:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

However, we would need to address access for joining.

If the events are broadcast in the same way a tournament is, perhaps it could still appear in the Ahoy! tab too - it just doesn't have the auto-switch anymore as pirates are now notified of its presence by chat.

If things like orders being completed and "you've been playing for too long" messages were also sent as a chat message rather than an Ahoy! tab pop-up, everyone would be happy.
[Jul 17, 2018 12:39:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I am all for the ability to shut off notifications, that said I do like the tourney notifications in the ahoy tab.

We don't see them in KHing so I would be for a broadcast message then I can chose to go to the ahoy tab and look at it.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Jul 17, 2018 3:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

However, we would need to address access for joining.

If the events are broadcast in the same way a tournament is, perhaps it could still appear in the Ahoy! tab too - it just doesn't have the auto-switch anymore as pirates are now notified of its presence by chat.

If things like orders being completed and "you've been playing for too long" messages were also sent as a chat message rather than an Ahoy! tab pop-up, everyone would be happy.
Agreed with everything except maybe the "you've been playing for too long" one. That's arguably meant to be disruptive

not that it matters really. no one cares about those messages
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jul 17, 2018 3:34:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Yes, exactly. Landlubbin' tournaments are broadcast over the chat interface. It makes a lot of sense to broadcast competitions in the same way. However, we would need to address access for joining. Most mates do not have a tournament board aboard their ships, and tournaments are played at sea. The "Ahoy!" tab provides a convenient button for anyone to join. So we need to think about how that access could still be provided without the nagging and focus-stealing.

Put it in the "Ahoy!" tab without auto-moving to the "Ahoy!" tab, if that's possible.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 19, 2018 3:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates