• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 582 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
JCleiton

[Bug]Missing "Edit" button on Officer Bulletin Board Reply to this Post

I was playing with <font color> commands when editing the officer bulletin board for my ship, and after saving, the Edit button simply disappeared. I would guess it's probably something to do with HTML formatting and/or character limits (the Edit button being affected by it when it shouldn't).

Here's a screenshot:

It's worth noting that on my house this isn't an issue, as the Edit button is located on the House tab (Edit news), and not on the text itself.

If it helps, this is the code I used on that bulletin board: https://pastebin.com/7ZMajmqT

Thanks in advance for reading.
[Jun 26, 2018 2:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Re: [Bug]Missing "Edit" button on Officer Bulletin Board Reply to this Post

Looks like you should also post in GD requesting more space for the OBB so you can finish your art (I like it btw, very nice)
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jun 26, 2018 3:44:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
JCleiton

Thanks! I appreciate the suggestion, but I won't do it because this is such an edge case (I don't think anybody else ever tried that) it's not worth the effort for them. Plus, I enjoy trying to work around limitations; editing the image (and its code) to try to fit it in 3072 characters is fun for me.

My issue is that it makes the Edit button disappear in the OBB. In the house news it works perfectly. I have also done other pixel arts (based on existing sprites because I cannot draw):

In fact, I wrote a C# program to convert a .png file (the original pixel art) to a text file with the <font color> commands. Then, I open it in Notepad++ and optimise is as much as I can (and/or I edit the original image to have less color changes). I'd share the program but idk if that's allowed on the forums, and I'd make a tutorial but idk if it's worth the effort.
[Jun 27, 2018 1:36:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Whatever you do, don't give Hera the code for making a poop version, unless you want all the oceans to turn brown
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jun 27, 2018 1:51:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates