• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 852 times and has 7 replies
Fransil

Memoirs of a Cruzo Reply to this Post

Memoirs of a Cruzo

Sigh.

<Quality Content>

My pirates had been retired way back in '14 I believe, needed to concentrate on Uni and the other things I had on my mind :> But along comes the Summer of '17, I'd wrapped up my 3rd year and was going through the Summer courses I chose to opt for while I waited to join the internship. There was lot of time to kill and out of nowhere this Kraken Hunt Duo (Tygrr and Fyreside) found me and my fresh toon at the Admiral docks. They shoved down a fancy forum link describing this new ocean thingy on me and in that moment of weakness, what was supposed to be a 1-day pity log in, turned into.... I don't know what to call it yet, maybe I'll edit this in later heh.

The first two or three days get spent figuring out the Pirate way without the rum and shot, yay merchants! And also finding an unlocked crew boat so I could go about doing "Cruzo bote things". Things start escalating here onward. I'm at the PV inn tarting, like the cry-baby I am, about the lack of rumble games on the tables. Suddenly this mysterious strumpet looking pirate greets me with something along the lines of "Hey goober" and starts forcing herself on me! A Pirate of code doesn't go for the easy booty, I immediately asked her if we knew each other from a life past. And Bam!

That's how I captured my first Pokémon on obsidian, Marebare. Marebares come from a line of deranged pirates that hail from this Cerulean/Midnight ocean. They tend to be cray/super hardcore. They also tend to stick around. They might AFK away for 6months, but yeah, I guess they do come back. This one Marebare may have also seen me shed some manly tears on some(most) of my pillages over the years prior and on obsidian. Does not like bilge.

A day or two after I'm on a bote and get a tell from this Arvven fellow: "First day on the game and I found my friend Cruzo". Of course, I cold jobbed her onboard and forced her to be my Pokémon. Arvvens tend to be super silent, they do eventually start being talkative if they like you enough.
It had been what, 4 years? Since we'd last seen each other's nose less faces. It was only later that I learned, through great struggle, that I didn't just get 1 Pokemon, I got 2 of the ones I cherished from the oceans ago. (Great Story, would recommend asking Arv). Best bilge buddeh(carry).

Here onward, I was catching Pokémons almost everyday. This particular Yeliah really stood out. They remembered me despite having been MIA since 2011ish, and no, not for my dashing charisma or anything, they remembered me for my battle nav exploits. I guess it's hard to forget a navigator who used to (lol, third world internet still : /) get disconnected almost every 2nd battle. (PS It's a great exploit, #1/ult bnav everytime, safely port SMHs, CI ez too).
[Note: Not even 3 weeks yet and the bastards Tygrr and Fyreside have already abandoned me... hate Ommy,Timur,Limeice for tapping out before me ]

I met up with Cerebro, no not the X-man thing. He was a SF'ing bum who played part-pimp at the Lima docks. There was also this shoe detesting Pokémon Noshoe, a great companion for battles. Phaerie, a lunatic type, also is a good choice for battling zombies/skellies. Mind you though, she too is a Cerulean descendant.

What I really liked about Obsidian was the fact that I could have Pokémon from both the 2 regions!!! Kanto(meridian) and Johto(emerald). I soon came across Adelaidean, Kirbukargaja(fake Kirby),Satisfaction, Omaris and Wildemarie. Weirdos yet again, good Pokémon though. I seem to have way too many Cray lures on me : / Talking of that, I almost forgot the Swede guy (TYPE: cookie).
I caught up with this Ttoonnyy fellow too. It was only on obsidian that I learnt that his name was actually Tony. While righting this and showing the half-written memoir to a friend, I was told Yeliah is also Hailey backwards... smh.

This is worth noting: Parallax is a great token sailor.

I also managed to come across Pokémons of great intellect and taste in memes, such as this Mihawk and Legendu fellow.

I encountered the pirate who Officer-Trained me back in 2008? Uncleal. Still appreciate his patience with my green booty on the Lima-Prolix pillages. I also met up with my "broken-asian" pokemon Arry, her english still hadn't improved. As well as Cortina, that pokemon with very poor farting etiquette.

Alright let's wrap up this mopey stuff and get to the action aye?

It was time to go to Poke gyms and win those Badges yarr! Obsidian pillages were so lit! I really enjoyed running the 15 battle+ baghlah runs, something I'd never done on the oceans prior since nobody gaf about pillaging. Less than 5minute job times on baghlah/WB pillages.... much nice. At least until October/November lol.
Then there were the CI fanatics. The struggle to forage and rumble was real. Shooting at people in a CI is frowned upon. I don't think I learnt that....at all. I would also find it amazing that I'd find a crew to load a CI WHILE there was a 10k blockade going on in the background. I mean when you think about it, the choice between a CI and jobbing for a masthead who's throwing poe at you to stfu and puzzle away isn't really that hard. Didn't really interact much with Irage & Mekiko during the Meridian days, but I'd made it a point to try hard bilge/patch on their Cis on the weekends. Irage is a nerd.

WAIT. I almost forgot to mention the most lovable aspect Obsidian was meant for! Dem PVPs oh boy.
January? I don't remember. The devs decide "hmmm kids like Fortnite and PUBG hmmmmmmmm. People on this game must also be wanting more PVP action. We need to start incentivising PVP! Let's add a scuppering Owl to the game 'cause why not". This was also the time my meridian squadfam decided they weren't too cool for the game and started playing...again. I wanted the pew pew, Mordida fellow wanted a "Cuuuuuuuuuuuute Owl". Here begins the Owl saga.

I loved how the Devs thought Puzzle Pirates is the kind of game (Like CoD and the rest) where PvP can genuinely be fun. Like, you can headshot/frag your hearties and then have lol moment later. [More like get muted and deheartied lolololol]. Mad respect to Peace and Quite/Chaos ( Grumbles doesn't like memes wtffff) as well as Platitude's crew for their sportsmanship in this barnacle period. AH/Brenda running pillages....lolwhat, life sucked booty being on the Dark Side and finding fair fights. Chaos was often at the end of being attacked by me, tells mid battle aside, couldn't have met better sports.

</Quality Content>

<Trash Conten't>

I feel it's necessary mentioning the PVP role models everyone should strive to be like. Wilyam and Scar. These are what true legends look like. Wilyam was a handicapped Pokémon, all he could /tell you on a good day was "SUP XD PVP? XD", "PVP bro? XD", "WANNA COME PVP? XD" apart from the very few instances where his brain would actually function. Griefing green pillages all day every day. I remember talking to some of his daily targets who at one point said they just sail out around the NH/LH rings just to troll this guy. I mean, filling a boat with elites and then being defensive af, great strat, such skill. Gotta bring up that AH guy too who'd just sit his booty /w'ing all day at Magpie/Loggerhead. Where there is light there is darkness. Scar is someone I'd call the Dark Side's Wilyam. Has way more brain function leaving aside the moments where he would equate Puzzle Pirate's pvp scenario to World of Warcraft's whenever a (unfruitful) discussion was started. There were plenty of other great PvPers on the dark side, thankfully most of them switched to the Politically Correct way of "farming" owls.

Oh yes. Gotta thank that OceanMasTEr who OK'd the best thing ever. One just had to not mention sinking his own alts on global [A lesson I learnt through a suspension mid CI week, still hurts.] Everyone would end up getting owls soon. Peace in the Middle east! Everyone wins.

Worth noting the Filthyjake fellow and his lack of compromise on principles. Reminded me of the Anti-Bot crusades Cerebro and I led back in Meridian. From having a crew force renamed to "Swabbies" from "Botters" by an OceanTard and then settling on "Bothers". Its also very amusing how its 2018 and if someone mentions that XYZ is botting, they are still confronted with lines of the like "you just jelly, you cant puzzle lolol" or "get good, why so salty mate" etc. Equally sad when players do agree with the fact but then also settle with the "the game can't function without them" argument. [Hello Mippy]

Theres also this very Hollywood line I was told when discussing the griefs. "A pirate that gets sunk today, may come back a better Pirate tomorrow." Right. None of these great PvPers dared attack Stan and his alts over the months he played and continuously pillaged. It wasn't a class act to keep attacking Fyshi and Mausi? (Derp Memory) everytime they sailed out in his absence. Stan, evader and the stuff aside, really had a love for the game or had serious issues and/or BOTH of the above. I'd made it a hobby to spot his new character and /tell derp with him. Too bad theres wayyy too many people who just to /complain all day. [PS stop /complaining for global chats atleast OwO]

I haven't even yet mentioned that one day where I was about to port after haggling a Chaos pillage,which of course, resulted in me disengaging. As I sat on the Island LP debating my life choices, I saw this Lion's bane KH setting out. What followed next was [ BEEP! Find out in the sequel! Much heartache, dehearty'ing and muting]

</Trash Conten't>

<Original,Quality Content>

With the game's population dwindling and already being worse than what Meridian's was back in '14, it all got pretty meh way too quick. Pokémon vanishing left and right. Not to forget the feeling of saturation with regards to this game's vast content. I mean the monthly LE boat can only entertain so much.
Regardless of how long Obsidian had been up for, I would still come across new Pokémon, both old and new, every now and then. I caught up with Baardje, who was still a man of VERY FEW words and randomly dumped his maps on me at a fray. Only recently found out he is limited by his Dutchness thanks to Gwenevereerererere. Another likeable Pokémon, 80% chance of being afk or in the kitchen when you want to battle a fray. Finding a pokemon pair in the wild is so odd, but I'm glad to have come across Ahi and Pandaxee. [Someone should let Pandaxee know all that lavender doesn't actually look that great on her :X ].

Towards the end, it was all about having moments worth remembering with the Pokémons I had gathered on the road to becoming a Pokémon Master. From fray haggling, to Global/Trade/Faction banters, and the voyages. I love this CI I did around the WS one day. Much Kraken's blood and 13+ battles. Also got plenty of CCs in the forage. Had Ahi, Conjecture( trash Mary ),Berylofun and Wanderling as the pokemon's onboard. There were a couple others but they fainted midway. Not going to lie, at times it got really scary when the crew was beating me in enthusiasm about the "Hey, this isn't a pillage, it's a CI" act.

</Original,Quality Content>

<Trash Conten't>

I do not have any suggestions regarding saving the game and the #FreeTheIppos movement. None that would survive Ryuken/Kyura3294's logics anyway. I do know that there are mainly 2 types of MMOs (ignoring WoW,etc here of course). Ones that embrace their inevitable doom due to the obvious reasons and end on a note worthy of the existence and the joys it brought to its player base. The others that simply fail to grasp the topic of doom, and keep pushing and trying, ultimately failing to avoid what was inescapable but only succeeding in leaving a tarnished image of the world its player base enjoyed.

It doesn't take half a braincell to tell which category Grey Havens has decided to fit in. No kid wants to play this. Steam sale and what not, what does this game offer over a 90% discounted AAA title? Its always the oldies coming back to get a hit of the puzzling to sate their addiction. Some stick around, others are already over it within a week or two.

</Trash Conten't>

I could go on and on I feel. I havent even touched the bit about the need for blockade scene invigoration LOL. Pretty sure I'm forgetting mentioning plenty of weirdos. The MS word count is getting crazy though.
Somebody tell Arvven to open the scuppering box.

Nope. Not banned for RMT/Botting/Evading/other stereotypes. Just clicked delete pirate :D

Much thank
Pece
Like and Subscribe pls.

----------------------------------------
Cruzo of Obsidian
(rip other oceans)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fransil at Jun 24, 2018 4:07:53 AM]
[Jun 23, 2018 2:51:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

Re: Memoirs of a Cruzo Reply to this Post

are you still selling TH maps?
[Jun 23, 2018 3:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

Rip my TH maps :/
Cruzo of Obsidian
(rip other oceans)
[Jun 24, 2018 4:02:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcjoy

oh boy..

How to phrase this so Cruzo get the fact im impressed by the wordcount but missing the summary.. or should i say why not just post the summary.

IMHO you write that amount of text to create the feeling of importance.. and yet no subtabce to be found in there, so. you not pleased. you dont think kids like it.. and when did kids play this game to start with? 2004-2006 get over it you are no longer a kid ( welcome to the old party )

We are indeed weirdos all and none forgotten but we are just as life nice, evil, deranged, suspicious, carinng etc even a few funny ones but to be named as

" I almost forgot the Swede guy (TYPE: cookie). "

make me feel like i missed my purpose in puzzle pirates to be the epic unforgettable Swede.

Started 2004 and transformed a few names before swede, but the fact is i do like cookies andd it is the cookies who ruined my kidnys and by that started the playing puzzle pirates so all thse i helped in game, or made angry in game.. yeah blame it on cookies.

and when it comes to what game be.. or what we want it to be.. give constructive suggestions, show the path and perhaps create a kidfrendly environment if kids is the goal but al i see sofar is environment of way to oldd fo rbeeing called a kid.

may the cookie last forever
[Jun 24, 2018 5:48:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Global will never be the same
[Jun 24, 2018 6:29:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

The Last of the Great Ragequits? <3 Will hop in your discord every now and again, just cause :D

[Jun 24, 2018 8:23:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

oh boy..

How to phrase this so Cruzo get the fact im impressed by the wordcount but missing the summary.. or should i say why not just post the summary.

OP wrote: 
Not banned for RMT/Botting/Evading/other stereotypes. Just clicked delete pirate :D

#TeamEvil
#TeamShadowFleet
[Jun 24, 2018 9:57:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Goodbye old friend
[Jun 28, 2018 3:48:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates