• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1364 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Pasteyman

Reinvigorating Tournaments Reply to this Post

Hi guys, I'm starting up an initiative to reinvigorate the parlour game scene on Obsidian. I've noticed myself that it is really difficult to get a match of swordfighting going, let alone a match of any of the other puzzles. There are a variety of reasons for why this is, but I believe one of them is due to the fact that there aren't enough decent tournaments to practice in.

That being said, I will be hosting 1-2 tournaments every day. The pot bonus will vary, but will be in the region of 100,000 PoE, and a mystery wrapped item. This item could include anything from a trinket, to an LE Ship, to a familiar. I'll post a schedule weekly on this thread of the date/time/puzzle of the tournament, so that you can hopefully be online for it.

This will begin effective immediately.

SCHEDULE:

(Thursday) June 21, 2018
17:00 GT: Rumble

(Friday) June 22, 2018
08:00 GT: Swordfighting
15:00 GT: Treasure Drop

(Saturday) June 23, 2018
09:00 GT: Drinking
16:00 GT: Rumble

Although I'll try to have at least one tournament on the day that it is free to play **, if you don't have a parlour badge to join, hit me up in game and I'll loan you the doubloons.

Please give me your feedback, I'm more responsive in game and usually online. Let me know what I can change/how I can improve on this idea.

* The schedule is made up due to my work schedule, and it is subject to slight variance. The tournament will be posted at the time listed, and will have a 30 minute wait time before it begins. I will try my best to have 1 or 2 tournaments every day, but on some days this will be impossible.

** FREE TO PLAY:
Swordfighting: Mondays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Drinking: Sundays & Wednesdays
Treasure Drop: Tuesdays & Fridays
Rumble: Mondays, Thursdays & Saturdays
----------------------------------------
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Pasteyman at Jun 24, 2018 11:55:50 AM]
[Jun 21, 2018 3:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Re: Reinvigorating Tournaments Reply to this Post

SCHEDULE:

(Sunday) June 24, 2018
11:30 GT: Drinking

(Monday) June 25, 2018
08:00 GT: Rumble
~ 14:00 GT: Swordfighting

(Tuesday) June 26, 2018
08:00 GT: Treasure Drop
~ 14:00 GT: Swordfighting

Rest of the week will be updated once I sort out my work schedule.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jun 24, 2018 11:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Re: Reinvigorating Tournaments Reply to this Post

Hi guys, sorry for the couple days without tournaments. Been super busy with real life and haven't been on a set schedule. That being said, here's the new schedule.

SCHEDULE:

(Friday) June 29, 2018
11:00 GT: Treasure Drop

(Saturday) June 30, 2018
~ 08:00 GT: Swordfighting
Noon GT: Rumble

(Sunday) July 1, 2018 (Happy Canada Day!)
07:30 GT: Drinking
~16:00 GT: Swordfighting

(Monday) July 2, 2018
08:00 GT: Rumble
~14:00 GT: Swordfighting

(Tuesday) July 3, 2018
08:00 GT: Treasure Drop
~14:00 GT: Swordfighting
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jun 28, 2018 9:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates