• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 897 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Ffaustas

How do you increase jobber's cut ? Reply to this Post

I see pillages that have 90%, 85%, 80%, etc. but i wonder... Can you set the percentage of it ? Because i do not know how much percent i have on it.
[Jun 17, 2018 11:02:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

Re: How do you increase jobber's cut ? Reply to this Post

If you're the captain, you can set the "Restocking cut" and how it's split (Jobber's Delight, Even etc) So if you set the cut to 10% and jobber's delight on the notice board you'll show as 90% jobbers delight.
----------------------------------------
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Jun 17, 2018 12:38:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ffaustas

If you're the captain, you can set the "Restocking cut" and how it's split (Jobber's Delight, Even etc) So if you set the cut to 10% and jobber's delight on the notice board you'll show as 90% jobbers delight.

thank you, i really needed that :)
[Jun 17, 2018 12:40:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

This authority actually depends on Crew Politics. Your description is true for Autocratic crews which are governed solely by the Captain. This is the norm. For Oligarchic or Democratic crews, passing such an issue as this requires an affirmative vote by a majority of parties with a voice.

"Even" was traditionally the preferred booty share scheme, but I believe it has been supplanted by "Jobber's Delight". Likewise, it was typical to leave the restocking cut high, such as 30% (was this the default?) until the Notice Board was overhauled to display shares and cuts right in the job listings. Then it became a competitive advantage to lower the restocking cut, thus increasing the jobber cuts. Restocking dwindled to almost nothing, which was unfortunate for lower-ranked officers who could previously expect to recoup their investment on an officer's badge.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jun 17, 2018 4:16:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

Ah you're correct there, forgot about the crew politics, the restocking fee being set to 15/20% is still more than enough for the person doing the restocking to see a return on their investment, it's only those pillages with 95%-100% that don't make profit from a restocking cut. I've had ours on 85% Even for a long time and the navvers make more than enough money from it.
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Jun 17, 2018 4:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates