• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1271 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Ffaustas

A feature to change username/request to switch names

Now sorry if you don't get the title (and sorry for that, had a lot of experience towards english but i still suck at it :P), what I request is a possibility to change usernames, or if a name is already taken to be able to switch it/delete it, now i'm not saying that you should delete pirates that still have some sort of activity on it, accounts that haven't been used for over 3-6 years should be either switched with the pirate that requested the username change or deleted. I've had a 2009 pirate back then with the original Faustas name, lost it because I've never invested any money towards puzzle pirates. Now I really would like to change my name, but you can't do that. Would be an amazing feature to get.
[Jun 12, 2018 4:26:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: A feature to change username/request to switch names

Now sorry if you don't get the title (and sorry for that, had a lot of experience towards english but i still suck at it :P), what I request is a possibility to change usernames, or if a name is already taken to be able to switch it/delete it, now i'm not saying that you should delete pirates that still have some sort of activity on it, accounts that haven't been used for over 3-6 years should be either switched with the pirate that requested the username change or deleted. I've had a 2009 pirate back then with the original Faustas name, lost it because I've never invested any money towards puzzle pirates. Now I really would like to change my name, but you can't do that. Would be an amazing feature to get.

Young sir, you can use Rogue marks to change a pirate name (30 RMs I think..), then basically you'd have to relog to change pirate name to whatever. This feature has been around for very long time I believe, you can even go to an apothercy and change your skin colour, hair colour, remove injuries, unfortunately you can't change sex. I think would be a nice thing added to the game, being able to change sex like you can with other things.
----------------------------------------
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Jun 12, 2018 4:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ffaustas

Young sir, you can use Rogue marks to change a pirate name (30 RMs I think..), then basically you'd have to relog to change pirate name to whatever. This feature has been around for very long time I believe, you can even go to an apothercy and change your skin colour, hair colour, remove injuries, unfortunately you can't change sex. I think would be a nice thing added to the game, being able to change sex like you can with other things.

Oh!!! My apologies then, i have seen rogue marks before but never thought of them as any use, thank you and yes, maybe changing sex might be a good thing incase you want to change your sex.
[Jun 12, 2018 5:13:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

The Developers tried adding a feature for changing sex (gender) of a pirate, but it didn't work out during testing http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=882548#882548

There are many resources which may be helpful in finding existing discussions to continue:
  • The Anti-list of ideas disapproved by the Game Developers. Note that they're not totally ruled out but the Game Developers often had some fairly strong objections and any further discussion on such ideas should start by addressing these objections. Note that philosophical objections are pretty firm e.g. no personal firearms in Puzzle Pirates. By definition it means there is an existing discussion on the idea.
  • The List of ideas the Game Developers didn't react adversely to. As the game gets updated, some of the ideas may become obsolete or unnecessary. By definition it means there is existing discussion on the idea.
  • The thread Hermes started contains links to suggestion threads for furniture, clothing, pets, trinkets and trophies.
  • Commonly discussed ideas is a fairly comprehensive listing of previously proposed ideas. In general the Game Developers have not expressed approval nor disapproval of these ideas.
  • Search (in Game Design) to see if your idea has come up before. You may prefer to use Google or some other search engine that you're more comfortable with. You can ask for help with searching in this thread:
    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605
    Generally you may expect a response within 24 hours, though questions with hard to find answers may take slightly longer.
If there's an existing discussion thread to reply to and it's older than a few months, be sure to call attention to the age of the thread. Including the word "bump" when adding new material will do.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jun 12, 2018 6:02:33 PM]
[Jun 12, 2018 6:01:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates