• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1339 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Thunderbird

[Obsidian] Deluxe Labor badge dusting does not properly transition to a permanent labor badge Reply to this Post

I've noticed that whenever the deluxe labor badge I use on Obsidian dusts, I'll have a day or two of completely unused labor, depending on how long ago the badge has run out. It seems that if the deluxe labor badge dusts when someone is not logging in and they have a labor badge, the system doesn't properly swap over until the pirate next logs on. Each time this happens to me, I see days with 24 hours of unused labor, and the jobs I've got aren't overfilled on labor hours (my labor report is routinely full each day, or at least close to it).

I /bugged this the last time my deluxe badge dusted, but I'm not sure if there would have been anything useful in the log files, since everything related to that is server side.

As an aside, the message that pops up when the deluxe badge dusts says "you cannot produce labor without a labor badge" when technically I already have one. But that's a pretty minor thing, since I'm sure people using deluxe badges would like to be reminded of when they should renew them.
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jun 9, 2018 7:44:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: [Obsidian] Deluxe Labor badge dusting does not properly transition to a permanent labor badge Reply to this Post

I've noticed that whenever the deluxe labor badge I use on Obsidian dusts, I'll have a day or two of completely unused labor, depending on how long ago the badge has run out. It seems that if the deluxe labor badge dusts when someone is not logging in and they have a labor badge, the system doesn't properly swap over until the pirate next logs on. Each time this happens to me, I see days with 24 hours of unused labor, and the jobs I've got aren't overfilled on labor hours (my labor report is routinely full each day, or at least close to it).

I /bugged this the last time my deluxe badge dusted, but I'm not sure if there would have been anything useful in the log files, since everything related to that is server side.

As an aside, the message that pops up when the deluxe badge dusts says "you cannot produce labor without a labor badge" when technically I already have one. But that's a pretty minor thing, since I'm sure people using deluxe badges would like to be reminded of when they should renew them.

You may have to retake the job at your shops, or bug report it. Another issue with labor badges is I bought a labor badge, and logged on probably 1-2 times in that month and it dusted? where it says 30 log in days, where I technically logged in for 2/30 login days, I wouldn't mind a refund for a labor badge tbh.
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Jun 10, 2018 7:05:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: [Obsidian] Deluxe Labor badge dusting does not properly transition to a permanent labor badge Reply to this Post

Another issue with labor badges is I bought a labor badge, and logged on probably 1-2 times in that month and it dusted? where it says 30 log in days, where I technically logged in for 2/30 login days, I wouldn't mind a refund for a labor badge tbh.

Labor badges have never been based on login days, always calendar days. See yppedia article on labor badge
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jun 10, 2018 7:34:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Another issue with labor badges is I bought a labor badge, and logged on probably 1-2 times in that month and it dusted? where it says 30 log in days, where I technically logged in for 2/30 login days, I wouldn't mind a refund for a labor badge tbh.

Labor badges have never been based on login days, always calendar days. See yppedia article on labor badge

All badges were login days at the very start of Viridian. Not too long after, all badges were changed to calendar days (with a few days added to existing badges). Shortly after THAT, all badges except the labor badge were changed back to login days.

You may have to retake the job at your shops, or bug report it.

I've never had to retake jobs after having a labor badge dust. If your badge goes poof, you are treated as dormant and unable to provide labor, but you keep your existing jobs. The problem here is that the deluxe badge dusting is doing this, even for people who have the permanent labor badge, which is a situation that never occurred prior to Obsidian because it couldn't.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
[Jun 10, 2018 10:41:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

The problem here is that the deluxe badge dusting is doing this

Can't comment on permanent badge or the regular badge since I only use Deluxe, but I can confirm this is true.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jun 10, 2018 11:46:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Then explain why does it clearly say 30 login days on the game? not calendar days? such as other badges?
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Jun 10, 2018 5:47:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Labor badge says 30 days. Other badges say login days.
[Jun 10, 2018 6:46:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Bump. Would like to see a fix to this.
[Sep 16, 2018 12:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Bump. Would like to see a fix to this.

Likewise. Also, any possibiblity of fixing it in a way that enables badge renewal within the last 24 hours of it's usage to allow a seamless transition? I'm assuming the badges dust at circa midnight Pirate Time - which means by the time I finish work here in the UK and can acquire a new badge (or open a wrapped one) I'm losing about 10-12 hours productivity.

Perhaps putting an optional "trigger" or timer on wrapped badges that enables them to activate when a previous badge expires?
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Sep 20, 2018 11:01:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates