• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 831 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Luvart

Recording on or using OBS makes game run faster? Reply to this Post

I've noticed that when I record or even have OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) running and hooking into Dark Seas, the game runs smoother.

Try gunning before and during the use of OBS. (I use OBS Studio for reference)

The pieces are faster I believe on gunning as well? This might give an advantage to certain players using a recording software like OBS maybe?

Now I'm not sure if it's something with my computer, but running OBS 'does' make puzzle pirates faster.

If it's something with me, would be nice to help me out and figure a way to make it run faster without using obs, otherwise it would also be nice to find out what OBS does to make Puzzle Pirates run faster!
[May 23, 2018 9:29:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

Re: Recording on or using OBS makes game run faster? Reply to this Post

I actually lag when using OBS, the game doesn't run as smooth. Tends to be more noticeable with high movement puzzles such as Gunning, Sailing and Patching.
[May 23, 2018 10:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvart

Hmm. That's super interesting. It might just be me or something that slows down PP?
[May 23, 2018 12:06:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I'll make a wild guess to say that when OBS is running, some background tasks might be prevented from running. And without OBS running, these background tasks were somehow using more CPU time than expected.
----------------------------------------
[May 23, 2018 7:19:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates