• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1167 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Theroy16

Old player possibly returning to the puzzling oceans Reply to this Post

Ahoy everyone,

As I recently discovered Puzzle Pirates made it onto steam it re-ignited an old flame I used to have as a younger player.

Now, 11 years later a few fond memories later. I recently re-installed the game I long time had no time for to play (Due to some poor happenings in life)

I used to play on the cobalt ocean, being with the merry Jade scorpions who've now all gone long dormant, to my regret.

Manta, Merilda, Wimpy, Aeron, and the others of the crew. I hope life is treating each and everyone of you well wherever you all may be <3
I'm sorry I was all of a sudden gone with the wind, life...can take an unexpected turn sometimes :(

And I recently restarted on the obsidian ocean, and I've gotten a bit into the learning and navy puzzling and I have some questions.

1) Did the duty report status became a lot more punishing?

I just recently did some carpentry, which I used to make it to the Grand-Master level. scoring excellent and an occasional Incredible. But now I can't even seem to make it past 'fine' on the duty report?

The reason I'm asking about this is because as a jobber, I'd love to show I have a certain level of puzzling ability, but let's say due to some health issues with my brain my processing ability became bad, (Ex. I have to think hard & a lot to make it all work out.)

2) It seems obsidian is now currently the most populated ocean, how's people reception over there on the newbies/returners?

3) (this is just a more personal question) Is there a crew that is willing to offer a older player that has to work 6 days a week a warm heart on obsidian? :)

Fair winds to you all, may I see a response soon :)
-Roy
Theroy on cerulean
Theroy on obsidian
[May 17, 2018 3:58:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Popcorn1

Re: Old player possibly returning to the puzzling oceans Reply to this Post

1) Did the duty report status became a lot more punishing?

Obsidian has a very high level of puzzlers. A lot of the more experienced/older pirates migrated to Obsidian when it was released for something new. Since those players are typically puzzling with high skill, the curve on obsidian is steep. A fine on Obsidian is normally a good/excellent on other oceans. Most players know that fines/goods on the duty report show you have some skill at the puzzle.

2) It seems obsidian is now currently the most populated ocean, how's people reception over there on the newbies/returners?
See above about the old players. Most of these players might already know you from the other oceans.

3) (this is just a more personal question) Is there a crew that is willing to offer a older player that has to work 6 days a week a warm heart on obsidian? :)

Most of the current obsidian players are old time players from across all oceans. Find a hearty from your old ocean and they will probably take you in to their crew.
----------------------------------------
Yum Chiles!
[May 17, 2018 4:12:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theroy16

Thank you for the quick response! :)

I'm happy to read that the community of puzzling pirates didn't change over the years in terms of spirit and sportsmanship :)
[May 18, 2018 2:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Odyn9

I'm happy to read that the community of puzzling pirates didn't change over the years in terms of spirit and sportsmanship :)

oh dear
Zaye - Emerald
Odyn - Obsidian

-Seven Deadliest Sins-
[May 18, 2018 7:08:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theroy16

oh dear

Now I'm curious; what'd I miss? ????
[May 19, 2018 1:02:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Fair winds to you all, may I see a response soon :)
-Roy
Theroy on cerulean
Theroy on obsidian

Hi Roy,

Good to see you again! We were once flag mates in Valor. :) If you're still looking for a crew to join, send me a tell in-game :)
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 13, 2018 8:54:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

oh dear

Now I'm curious; what'd I miss? ????

don't come to the forums of obsidian mate:p 'sportsmanship' = 'salty'
[Aug 17, 2018 2:43:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates