• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1195 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Vyngaard

Serious Question for Grey Havens Reply to this Post

Honest question... Before I'm banned from posting because it might hurt someones feelings.

Do those of you that make up Grey Havens believe you are the only people that care about the Puzzle Pirates?

I mean it's pretty clear you aren't since there are still players playing the game investing their time and money. It's pretty obvious from the years and years of time people have invested that you aren't. But I just want a look inside your thinking...

It's honestly astounding that the way you act is as if you are the only ones.... Ignoring 99% of players... Seems fairly obvious that you have an agenda that no one else is allowed to know but its also clear you are struggling... People have made offers to try to help you but at the end of the day you refuse or ignore it.

So what gives?
[May 15, 2018 8:18:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Re: Serious Question for Grey Havens Reply to this Post

I get the feeling that most of the GH staff we see/interact with are just box tickers. Nobody with decision making authority seems to pay attention to the community.
----------------------------------------
[May 16, 2018 3:27:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

What game do you have more access to the Developers?

Who are you that you get to demand to speak to the owner of the game?

Yes we want to know the plans, and if they are a server wipe there will be outrage and if they leave it like it is, things will continue as they are.

The game is in DEVELOPMENT its not released yet, I recall them saying if you can't handle that wait till the full release, I took that option as I don't like the flawed PvP system/rewards.

Its fairly funny that people think we are owed answers, yes we would like them but really why do they owe us anything?
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[May 16, 2018 3:53:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Look at any game's Reddit, 90% of them have things like Q&As with developers and representatives interacting with the community.

Nobody has asked to speak to 'the owner'. We're customers asking questions about the future of the product.

Yes we want to know the plans, and if they are a server wipe there will be outrage and if they leave it like it is, things will continue as they are.

In this sentence you've convinced yourself they'll wipe the server and so things should remain like this?...

The game is in DEVELOPMENT its not released yet, I recall them saying if you can't handle that wait till the full release, I took that option as I don't like the flawed PvP system/rewards.

The game is released - I'm playing it right now.

Its fairly funny that people think we are owed answers, yes we would like them but really why do they owe us anything?

Dozens of people are investing both money and time. They simply want to know what the future plans are. Even just a simple "early access development is now over" would suffice.
[May 16, 2018 4:03:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vyngaard

Virtually any game has more access but I'll throw out Eve Online as a great example. Or Albion Online.

No one asked to speak to the owner and no one specifically referenced Dark Seas at any point in my post. Yes Dark Seas is in "Development" the rest of the game isn't and hasn't been for years its a released game that should be maintained.

Why do they owe us? Idk maybe the few hundred or even thousand dollars we have spent on top of our thousands of hours of game play?

It's called Respect. I'd like a little bit of it based on the investment.
[May 16, 2018 7:03:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

So we have 3 or more threads to talk about the same thing... and we will get info when they give it.

As far as a server wipe or not I don't see any other way to fix the extremely flawed pvp system where its easier to get the faction trinkets then a most trophies in the game. If they don't make a change its broken badly, if they do how do they reverse the decision when you have crews who do a daily sink on a wf....

Either way the game is in development its early access and they made it clear if you don't like it come back at release.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

[May 16, 2018 4:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Why are you so oblivious?
There has been no real visible development besides a flawed PvP system and a new ship. No insight into their plans during this 1 year testing phase where they should be exchanging thoughts with the community to implement changes that are needed. Also when do you think the early access will end? Its been a year. If they were about to implement bigger changes it would need thorough testing but why after an entire year and not when the ocean launched?
Do you really think they would be quiet if they had bigger changes in mind? We just want to know if there is something to wait for or if the oceans will die because as of now, nothing has changed and it doesn't look like it will because the changes would have to be quite drastic in order to hit higher player numbers again.

"Either way the game is in development its early access and they made it clear if you don't like it come back at release."
A lot of people left Obsidian for that reason, and I'm pretty sure they won't come back in 2022.

The developers do not even give small responses to calm the crowd. No answer is also an answer.
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[May 16, 2018 5:16:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Why are you so oblivious?
There has been no real visible development besides a flawed PvP system and a new ship. No insight into their plans during this 1 year testing phase where they should be exchanging thoughts with the community to implement changes that are needed. Also when do you think the early access will end? Its been a year. If they were about to implement bigger changes it would need thorough testing but why after an entire year and not when the ocean launched?
Do you really think they would be quiet if they had bigger changes in mind? We just want to know if there is something to wait for or if the oceans will die because as of now, nothing has changed and it doesn't look like it will because the changes would have to be quite drastic in order to hit higher player numbers again.

"Either way the game is in development its early access and they made it clear if you don't like it come back at release."
A lot of people left Obsidian for that reason, and I'm pretty sure they won't come back in 2022.

The developers do not even give small responses to calm the crowd. No answer is also an answer.

Yes it will be a year at the end of this month, its what they expected if you go back to those threads. If they leak all the announcements whats the point of having a release. Perhaps they are peeping for the full release and they are holding information back to have some changes and surprises in the game.

So far they have come through with what they said they were going to do, they opened a few islands to test the kade mechanics. That is what they said they would do.

They have developed the pvp system and took feed back and made changes through the process. (bad ones but all the same they did communicate and change)

They changed the BK mechanic to shut down shops on BK controlled islands.

They took input on the stalls being closed and fixed the glitch.

So to say their has been nothing changes were made 2 weeks ago (BK's closing shops) I am no programmer but I am assuming some of this takes work and they hare short staffed and every one wants to say nothing has been done no changes have been made. Its simply unfair and untrue. I am hopeful for a full release in the next few months, as summer vacations are starring for students (would seem like a perfect time).

As far as being obvious, why are there discussions if the answers are so obvious. My response was to the previous post.

The game is released - I'm playing it right now.

Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[May 16, 2018 8:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

You said "The game is in development and not released yet" as though this is some excuse for not providing any community interaction whatsoever. When a shop is in business, you can walk in the door and buy things - you'd say it was 'open'. The game is publicly 'open' for anybody to play. This, for all intents and purposes, implies the game is released. 'Early access' was chosen simply as a marketing ploy. The game has been out for 15 years, uploading a re-skinned client and pretending it's a brand new game doesn't actually make it a brand new game. It's still just classic YPP with a few minor changes.

Also, while you argue that the game is in early access, you're arguing at the same time that they shouldn't, or don't need to make changes. Development work is typically high in an early access game. The customer gets the game, makes suggestions, interacts with the developer and the developer actions the feedback where necessary. People's problem with Dark Seas is that there's been complete silence about what the plan actually is.

You also have to remember that the game advertises itself as "Massively multiplayer". It is the norm for these games, even long after their full release, to have regular content updates and changes. Even if the game wasn't early access, we should expect that there'd be changes, contrary to your opinions of entitlement.
[May 17, 2018 8:37:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Everything you just said is true in general. If this were a new game, advertising itself in this way, you would expect frequent interaction, and changes as they progress towards release.

But this isn't that kind of game and as you said, 'early access' was more of a marketing tool than an actual developer standpoint.

GH mothballs the game, it's not making enough money. A few staunch loyalists stick around to like...handle any game-breaking things for probably 0-20 actual billable hours in a week.

The game has next-to-no growth on its own anymore, but they want to take a stab at making it profitable enough to maybe actually pay themselves enough to maybe actually have the time to do some more significant implementation, so what do they do? Put the game on Steam as an early-access game.

That basically gets them a bunch of hopefully positive reviews on Steam from the existing players who rush over and want to evangelize the game, a new ocean gets a bunch of those people to throw some cashflow at them, and being in early access means it gets listed as an early-access game and not just dumped into the massive ocean of games on steam, making it easier for people to find them.

Given the numbers on the live oceans, it should be pretty clear that this plan has not worked. And since the plan resulting in population growth was the way they'd have the resources to do more significant development, the fact that it didn't, means that it won't.
[May 17, 2018 10:32:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates