• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1794 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Goodwill100

What are the plans for Obsidian? Reply to this Post

It seems like the ocean has been around for almost a year and the only thing we got was a bounty mechanic that got exploited. The other "big" thing after 1 year of development was a new ship that didnt take too long to implement.
The playerbase is getting smaller and smaller (~200 active players) and I don't think its an enjoyable experience for both old and new players.
Could we get an insight on what you are working on and when the game will launch as a full title?
Changelog
Steam Chart
----------------------------------------
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at May 14, 2018 7:27:13 AM]
[May 14, 2018 7:26:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

Re: What are the plans for Obsidian? Reply to this Post

This question has been asked a bunch of times I doubt a straight answer is what you will receive
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[May 14, 2018 8:51:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

This question has been asked a bunch of times I doubt a straight an answer is what you will receive

On the basis that it took three months to implement a single ship (the only 'addition' in 2018) and there's been nothing but silence since the beginning of the year, I think it's safe to say we're playing the finished product.

There are maybe 20 threads with burning questions in them that have been opened over the last six months. Things lots of people want to know, like when can we expect new islands? Is there a roadmap for the ocean? etc.

It would take 60 seconds for each question to be addressed and yet GH can't even be bothered to do that. I understand GH is low on staff but there's no excuse for not even setting aside 2 - 3 minutes a month keeping your customers in the loop.
[May 14, 2018 10:52:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

To be fair, there has been a lot more added then just the broken bounty/pvp system and a ship.

But some feed back to the plan wouldn't hurt.... Real issue with announcing it is their isn't a way to fix the "main attraction" pvp with out a wipe and that won't be acceptable my many.

Lack of forsight and bad decisions created a bad situation, ignoring it made it worse, looking ahead how do you fix it and keep the masses happy?
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[May 14, 2018 4:56:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Could we have any updates on future plans?
Feedback would be more than appreciated. It feels like only old salts keep this game alive by buying LE boxes and cading.
But even that becomes less appealing with the dwindling playerbase. It almost looks like we'll hit the 100 mark at the end of the year.
How about a fundraiser and a roadmap with bigger changes? Silence and doing nothing kills the game :-(
(Also no answer is also an answer *sigh*)
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.

[May 15, 2018 4:10:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vyngaard

For what it is worth I don't expect any of us to get any feedback from Grey Havens ever.

They don't respond to forum posts unless absolutely necessary.

They refuse any outside help whether it be volunteering or potential employment interest.

They also ignore emails inquiring about obtaining or leasing the rights to the Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Franchise.

At this point people should realize that Grey Havens are milking money out of Puzzle Pirates and other former Three Rings titles while they "enjoy" playing the game(s) they once cared about. They'll always keep them going because the cost of keeping a server is so astronomically cheap that 10 players buying dubs can keep the servers up. They'll throw in the usual limited color events and occasional new items as they can manage it in their free time aside from their real lives but they are too selfish and petty to allow anyone to enjoy the game anymore. They don't make enough off of the games to warrant any real commitment of time or energy and Dark Seas failed to draw enough interest so at this point the game is at a dead end. You're going to get a random content update about every 6 months and that's the end of it. Until Grey Havens opens up and decides to give someone else a chance ocean numbers are going to continue to dwindle and players spending money are going to allow their pattern of abuse to continue.

Matter of fact I'd be surprised if this post doesn't end up deleted and this account ends up banned from posting. It's just what they do and who they are at this point.
[May 15, 2018 7:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I think you VASTLY overestimate how much money how many people are making on the GH side. The whole point of GH as a company is as a holding company to basically keep control of the IP of things that aren't commercially viable. I very strongly doubt there's even enough money in payroll to pay 3 OMs, and 2 Devs an industry competitive salary right now, and the number's almost certainly dropping monthly.
[May 15, 2018 9:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vyngaard

I think you VASTLY overestimate how much money how many people are making on the GH side. The whole point of GH as a company is as a holding company to basically keep control of the IP of things that aren't commercially viable. I very strongly doubt there's even enough money in payroll to pay 3 OMs, and 2 Devs an industry competitive salary right now, and the number's almost certainly dropping monthly.

I think you VASTLY misread my post in which I stated that they were keeping servers a float with the money made not paying anyone for their job.

The IPs are 100% commercially viable problem is they hold ownership of the IPs and refuse to allow anyone else to provide input or do work. I could almost certainly find no less than a dozen people that would work on multiple games held by Grey Havens. Problem is only Grey Havens has access to Grey Havens held properties.
[May 16, 2018 7:06:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

You'd think if they were trivially commercially viable, that the people who own the games would...you know...just make a bunch of money from them since they're so commercially viable, instead of mothball them and go to work for Facebook.

And you definitely didn't communicate that you thought they were just "keeping the servers afloat" considering you described them as -milking money out of the game- and that the hosting costs were -astronomically cheap-

If the server costs are astronomically cheap, and they are milking money out of the game, do you not see how that implies you think they are making a bunch of money?

As far as I know, GH is still actually owned by Daniel, and also as far as I know, he has almost literally nothing to do with the daily or monthly operation of GH. So it's not that GH isn't listening to you, it's that the people you've been talking to are not the ones with any authority to make decisions for the actual company, just for how the company interacts with Y!PP.
[May 17, 2018 8:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

The playercount is dropping even further and no new updates have been released.
Does anyone expect big news other than the game shutting down by new years?
Changelog
Steam Chart
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at Jun 7, 2018 5:42:07 AM]
[Jun 7, 2018 5:41:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

as long as we keep spending money they wont shut down. look at meridian.. still open XD
[Jun 7, 2018 8:41:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates